HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Having scan Friday need of prayers (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29857)

dhealey 09-04-2007 07:40 PM

Having scan Friday need of prayers

Well ladies I had a visit with my oncologist today along with a herceptin treatment. She found an area in question on my right chest wall near the axillary area and she wants me to have a scan Friday. I am freaking out as I just had prophylactic mastectomy on this side in June. I so hate this disease! She is also switching me from arimidex to aromesin due to joint pain. Anyone else taking the aromesin? Any noticable side effects? Do you ever get over the fear with disease and just start living your life again? I keep trying but keep getting knocked down again. Thanks for just letting me vent.

Jean 09-04-2007 08:03 PM

Debbie,
It sounds like your onc is on top of things and is super watchful.
I know it is not easy - but do try to think positive thoughts. What
the dr. is seeing could just be leftover residue from your recent surgery.
Wishing you all the best for good ct scans on Friday. Please let us know
how it goes. It the meantime will say a huge prayer that it is nothing.

It is all so early since your dx. it is only normal and natural to feel the way you do. It does get better with time. Sending you a huge hug.

Jean

Bev 09-04-2007 08:52 PM

Hi D,

I'm on Arimidex so can't comment on drugs.

1 - 1/2 years ahead of you with similiar stats. Each day gets a little better.

Hope it's nothing. Hugs and prayers. Bev

BonnieR 09-04-2007 09:14 PM

Debbie, I have this technique that I TRY to practice. And that is: not to worry about something until I know for SURE it is required. I mean, you will have time enough to worry after Wed, if you need to, when you have solid information. Does that make sense to anybody but me? To postpone the worry? And I didn't say it was EASY....

Catherine 09-04-2007 09:15 PM

I, too, am hoping that your onc is just being very cautious. I sort of thought you could not have a recurrence while on Herceptin. I am not sure how I made that conclusion. But, since you are still on Herceptin, I hope that your doctor is just being cautious.

Let us know. We are here for you.

All the best, Catherine

DonnaNY 09-04-2007 10:25 PM

Debbie you are in my prayers, I am sure all will be fine. God Bless !

With Love, Donna

Patricia 09-04-2007 11:06 PM

Hi Debbie,

You will be in my prayers for good scan results. I know it is stressful waiting, but please know that every one of us on this board understands that anxiety and are standing there behind you to support you so feel free to vent. It does get easier with time, is all I can say. I remember feeling the worst part in the beginning was exactly as you describe, the minute I could deal with something, I got knocked down with the next thing and had to start all over again. I can't say I am over the fear, but I am moving forward and living my life and enjoying every day and you will too someday.

I take Aromasin too. I had a lot of joint pain in the beginning and tried Femara for awhile instead. The Femara made me depressed so I switched back to the Aromasin. As with many on this board, the joint pain lessened up after a period of time and I now have only a small fraction compared to the beginning. Hang in there, if you can get through the rough part it does get better.

Hugs,
Patricia

tousled1 09-05-2007 01:42 AM

Debbie,

Sorry that you have to go through the anxiety of a scan and waiting for the results. Sounds like your oncologist is really on top of things and is just being cautious. You will be in my prayers.

Sheila 09-05-2007 06:21 AM

Debbie
Hoping that it is just scar tissue, which is common. Sorry you are having the extra anxiety of this scan...I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

DonnaD 09-05-2007 07:28 AM

Hi Debbie,
Hard not to worry, but it sounds like you have a great onc. Many will be praying for you on Friday. Waiting is the hardest part.

God Bless!
Donna

Mary Anne in TX 09-05-2007 10:07 AM

Debbie, I'm praying and believing for you!

Lolly 09-05-2007 11:04 AM

Debbie, I hope it's nothing, but I know you are nervous. Just try to stay on an even keel, and remember to breathe.

<3 Lolly

lexigirl 09-05-2007 12:13 PM

Debbie,

Prayers for comfort as you wait on your scan. I am happy that your onc is being cautious and I am praying that it is not cancerous.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

dhealey 09-05-2007 03:36 PM

I want to thank all of you for your words of encouragement, it has made me feel some what better. I will let you know how things turn out. I have read somewhere that you can have recurrence while on herceptin.(when that happens your body isn't responding to the treatment any more) And yes, I do have a great oncologist. Thanks again ladies!

Ceesun 09-05-2007 05:51 PM

hope all goes well for sure! However, one can have a recurrence while on herceptin...I did and still am on it with Xeloda and Navelbine. However, I started my treatment with herceptin 20- months after chemo. Best of Luck to you Ceesun

Vanessa 09-05-2007 06:26 PM

I will keep you in my prayers. Here is hoping for a clear scan!

CLTann 09-05-2007 06:54 PM

Not as a positive statement but just a speculation, the June mastectomy is unlikely to produce a tumor so soon. It is often reported that 12 to 16 month would lapse before a tumor can be detected. Therefore, scar tissue is a very likely image your onc has noted.

sassy 09-05-2007 07:31 PM

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and praying for "nothing" on your scans.
________
Glass Weed Pipe

lilyecuadorian 09-06-2007 07:41 AM

I will keep you in my prayers and just wait and leave everything and God hand and I'm sure you will be fine ...clean ..you see ..

Liz J. 09-06-2007 06:00 PM

Hi Debbie,

Sending prayers and all good thoughts your way. I am sure you will be fine. It sounds like both you and your onc. are pro-active. Good Team.

Sincerely,

Liz J.