HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hi all from Eric (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41790)

eric 11-08-2009 08:39 AM

Hi all from Eric

Thinking of you! I'm sorry I haven't been able to be more involved but I'm still working very hard to manage the loss of Caryn for my kids and me. We miss her TERRIBLY but we're managing. My 17 year old (Jennifer) has really surprised me as she's become much more independent with school and college searches. My 14 year old (Zachary) is doing ok over all but he is acting out in subtle ways so I'm keeping a very close eye on him. As for me, I'm lucky that I have some really good people in my life but I guess only time will heal. I miss her all the time but some times more than others.
I hope each of you are doing well and, for each of you, I pray for a cure or major step in managing this crappy disease!!!
My love, thoughts, thanks and admiration...Eric

WomanofSteel 11-08-2009 10:34 AM

Re: Hi all from Eric

Eric, so good to hear from you. I know it is hard, but I am glad that you are all hanging in there. It does take time. My thoughts and prayers are always with you and your family. It means a lot to know that you are thinking of all of us when you are going through something so difficult. God bless you. Jacquie

caya 11-08-2009 10:53 AM

Thanks for checking in Eric to let us know that you and the kids are holding up. I send good thoughts and wishes to all of you, as your memories of Caryn continue to help you through this difficult time.

all the best
caya

chrisy 11-08-2009 01:49 PM

Hi Eric,
Thanks for checking in. Keep doing what you're doing - trying keep yourself and your kids moving forward, one step at a time. That is what Caryn would have wanted for you. Be patient and gentle with yourself.

Take care
Chris

sally 11-08-2009 01:56 PM

Hi Eric, Thank you so much for checking in. You were always a big inspiration and a great source of information when I was a newbie and clueless. Stay strong and enjoy. Sally

Lien 11-08-2009 02:37 PM

Hi Eric,

So glad you are giving us an update. I've been thinking of you and the kids. Perhaps because I have a 14 yr old boy too. Recently he told me he had been terrified for years. He never showed it. He seemed to be acting out a bit more than some other teenagers, but I didn't realize how much my cancer scared him. Didn't realize he was aware that my mother died of cancer. He was only three y.o. at the time. I'm so glad to hear you are keeping an eye on your boy & girl. But don't neglect yourself. You've been through so much and you need time & space to be able to mourn Caryn. Good to hear you are surrounded by friends. Thank you for finding the time to reconnect with us.

Jacqueline

Pam P 11-08-2009 03:10 PM

Thank you for stopping by. It's so nice to you you've been doing okay and the kids too. Day by day we get by and hopefully in time it gets a little easier. Thank you for your continuing support.

Bill 11-08-2009 03:24 PM

Hi Eric! I was thinking about you a few days ago and hoping that all was well with you and your family. Thanks for stopping in.

tricia keegan 11-08-2009 04:09 PM

Hi Eric and thanks for updating us. I know it'll take time for all of you but good to know you're coping..my thoughts are with you all. xx

Laurel 11-08-2009 05:07 PM

Eric,

I have teenagers as well. They now tell me how hard it was to watch me undergo chemo. Cancer in a parent is so frightening. When I was back in the saddle so to speak they had a bit of adjusting to my authority. My eldest happily told friends who would run into him at his job, and would inquire about me, "she's doing much better! The sheriff is back in town!"

Good for you being the sheriff. It isn't always the most fun job, but teenagers need guidance and structure, especially when they are grieving and confused. I applaud your sensitivity to your son's pain, and willingness to be your children's "rock." All my best to you and yours,

Barbara H. 11-08-2009 05:23 PM

It was great to hear from you, Eric. I do think of you and your family. Although you are managing, it is not easy for you and your children to go through this.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

Ruth 11-08-2009 05:52 PM

Eric:
Thank you for posting in and letting us know how you are. We all felt and knew that you would handle this devasting time well with your kids. You were so tuned into what was happening to Caryn and didn't bury yourself somewhere else. Some spouses ignore it hoping that it will all go away or unable to deal with it. You are such a great person that I know the kids are very lucky to have you as their daddy.
Take care and thank you again.
Ruth

Paty 11-08-2009 06:24 PM

Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and let us know how you are doing. I think we all understand what you are going through and the difficult re-adjustments that you have to do in your daily life. Not only that, but the pain that you have to cope with at every instant realizing how much you need Caryn by your side. Please let us know once in a while how you are doing. Sending you a hug and my prayers for you and your kids.

sassy 11-08-2009 07:00 PM

Hey Eric,

Good to hear from you and thanks for stopping by. I keep you and your children in my prayers. You are such a wise parent to realize the manifestations of Karen's loss in your children.

Hugs and prayers to you all

Joan M 11-08-2009 07:56 PM

Eric,

It's good to hear from you and to know that you and the kids have a lot of support. Take it one day at a time.

Sending a lot of hugs to you, Jennifer and Zachary.

Joan

Jackie07 11-08-2009 09:25 PM

Eric,

Sending prayers from Central Texas. Thanks for the update. Take care. Pay special attention to your 14-year-old. He might need extra help in adjusting being a young teenager.

harrie 11-08-2009 10:51 PM

Eric, thank you for stopping by! Thanks for thinking of us and it is good to hear how you and your family are doing.
Take care.
Maryanne

Tom 11-09-2009 05:48 AM

Dear Eric,

Thanks for checking in with the board Eric. It's good to hear from you. I certainly understand your absence. That ache for the one you lose never goes away, but rather is suppressed by keeping busy. It's great that you are keeping such a close eye on your kids, but make sure you keep an eye on your own spirit as well. I sure enjoyed all of your posts when we were both up to our eyeballs in the struggle at the same time. As with all of the members here, I didn't feel quite so alone in the battle when we were all "huddled together" and brainstorming for answers. Please take care.

Sincerely,
Tom

Shobha 11-09-2009 08:55 AM

Eric,

Thanks for checking in on us and giving us an update. I think of you and your family often and send healing prayers for all of you. I am glad you are staying strong for your children. God bless all of you.

shobha

ElaineM 11-09-2009 10:34 AM

Thanks for letting us know how you and the children are doing. I am pleased to know that you all are okay. You are always welcome here, so please feel free to stop by whenever you can. Take care.