HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Prayers for Mom next week (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22871)

brittd01 02-24-2006 01:24 PM

Prayers for Mom next week

Hello special friends,

It's that time again - Mom and Dad are headed to Houston on Monday for Mom's three month scans. She is currently on Navelbine/Herceptin/Zometa for liver and bone mets. Her last scans in November showed her liver NED and the spine spot shrinking so we're hoping for more good news. She's had a cough lately and a breast lump that has us all a little nervous.... But I just wanted to ask for your prayers. I will be out of town next week but will try to find a computer after Wednesday to let you know how things went. Thank you all so much for your support and all the wonderful info!! I'm still pushing for a brain MRI so we'll see.

Love,
Brittany

Julie2 02-24-2006 01:43 PM

I am wishing and praying for good scans.

Julie

Cathya 02-24-2006 04:06 PM

I will be praying for your Mom. It's so difficult to go through this....thank god she is not alone to do so.

Cathya

Lolly 02-24-2006 04:29 PM

Brittany, I'll be keeping your mom in my prayers, and you too. It's hard being the support for someone going through this, you're an angel for being such a help to your mom.

<3 Lolly

Christine 02-24-2006 04:43 PM

Britt and M0M

I jist wanted to say with mom's remission from chemotherapy is a good sign that she can beat the BC with chemos that will also respond as well.
Herceptin is a great drug and works great in combo therapy and there are many to out there to help. Hope she continues to do well.
Hugs to you both
Christine

TriciaK 02-24-2006 10:12 PM

Your mom is blessed to have a caring daughter like you, and we'll add our prayers to yours. Let us know how things go and expect the best. Hugs, Tricia

Sheila 02-25-2006 06:31 AM

What a lucky Mom to have such a caring daughter....and I also know how important Moms are to us...my Mom has been my mentor since I began this ordeal...she is a 20 year survivor....I hope to follow in her footsteps.
Hugs and Prayers to you and your Mom on your journey and her scans!

brittd01 03-05-2006 12:10 PM

Update

Hello everyone,

Well the results are interesting. After 6 months of navelbine/herceptin/zometa, Moms tumor markers are up 8 points from 35 to 43. The scans show that her liver, lungs and bones are still clear so that is excellent. But the scans did find a new 1.5cm node under her left breast. Her onc said she could continue with the navelbine/herceptin if she wanted to but if it was her, she'd go for the big guns. So she's suggesting 6 to 8 treatments of FEC. This would mean no herceptin while on these chemos. We're just not sure what to think of all this. Her oncologist said she wants to be really aggressive and knock this back. But we're not so sure about stopping the herceptin. Why do you all think of this chemo combo? Is this typical for a Stage IV treatment? I just can't remember reading much about it. Any info on side effects? Her onc said it can be rough, but she thinks it's the best way to go. I'd love to hear all of your input.

Thank you so much. Love always,
Brittany