HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Medical Marajuna Girls (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61568)

yanyan 07-31-2014 10:51 AM

Medical Marajuna Girls

Any other medical cannabis oil user for complimentary cancer treatment ? Please share your experience !

LeahM 07-31-2014 12:52 PM

Re: Medical Marajuna Girls

I used it the old fashioned way and felt it helped me obtain a general feeling of well being. But mostly it allowed me to sleep.

KDR 07-31-2014 06:57 PM

I will be using it as soon as I get it. Or make it. I have learned that overheating the cannabis is what makes it carcinogenic. Even while cooking. Making the Rick Simpson Oil really is not that complicated. I have been following Stephanie LaRue and the unbelievable progress she's made using the RSO. Soon, she will be dispensing information on all she has learned. We've been communicating, and her results are not to be ignored. NOT. Also have seen great testimonials for seizures, skin conditions, etc. Spain and some other countries have scientific data (so needed in our tight-ass medical communities) to show that it indeed knows how to target the cancer cell.

I know this is going to help.

Waiting patiently,
Karen

yanyan 07-31-2014 07:24 PM

I started 4 months ago taking cannabis oil . I tried smoking first only 2 puffs and I just couldn't get the hang of it. Maybe smoking a Tabaco thingy is too challenging for a non smoker like me.

Anyway I made my 1st cannabis paste using a method I learned from newcure.org mixing ground cannabis buds with coconut oil and let it sit in the slow cooker for 10 hours at 170 Fahrenheit. I was not sure if they are strong enough because of the insignificant amount of buds I put in it. I bought indica strain only and a single serving in the size of my pinkie nail would send me to bed for a good night sleep. It happened several times I couldn't keep my eyes open at lunch or my doctors appointment because I overdosed accidentally.

There have been arguments about the potency of cannabis paste using this method. So I decided to try a stronger version. In California Los Angeles one pound of buds costs 2500 or more and that is a wholesale price you find online I think lots of them are private growers. If done correctly I heard you can get about 60 grams of potent oil which will last you for 60 days based on recommended dosage.

I didn't make my own oil or grow my own plants due to safety concerns. I looked online and did my homework and decided to order my medicine from a northern ca dispensary. Their price is 1/2 of market price which is $60/gram. The price is affordable but they use other parts of the plants too which is disclosed on their website. They serve California patients who have a license for medical marajuna use. To be accepted you will need a phone interview and have to fill out some paperwork. Http://www.wamm.org

I'm also doing conventional chemo at this point. The oil does help a lot with the pain and insomnia. My last scan was in May when I barely started the oil so we will see what's going to happen.

europa 07-31-2014 07:35 PM

KDR Stephanie is a good friend of mine. I remember when we were 29 years old living the party life in Los Angeles and the day her boyfriend found the lump. It was seeing what she went through to get a doctor to write her a script for a mammo and all the delays that gave me to courage to plow through the red tape when I got diagnosed 8 years later. I remember her doctors telling her she had a 1% chance to survive....look at her now! She is a rock star. Love her and I am so proud of her. Her experience with cannabis oil is simply amazing.

valleygirl 07-31-2014 10:00 PM

Where can I find more information about how to make the oil and the dosage? I've found info on the many benefits
but nothing on the best way to medicate myself with it. Just diagnosed with lung mets and starting chemo tomorrow.
Had such a hard time the first time around hoping this will help with those issues and hopefully stop the cells from spreading

yanyan 08-01-2014 12:21 PM

Google " rick simpson oil ", " cannabis oil " ,you will find more information. There are video clips on youtube teaching how to make the oil

KDR 08-01-2014 06:23 PM

Yanyan-you'll be the one to watch!
Europa-you have a dear friend in Stephanie. She is looking for the best way to consolidate and inform the greater population as she is overwhelmed with communications from so many desperate seekers of relief. She has become the go-to idol.
Valleygirl-I have seen a few different videos. Some difficult and some relatively easy (with a woman demonstrating soaking the buds in grain alcohol, draining, repeating and heating).
I have seen Rick Simpson's manual online.
Karen

waterdreamer 08-02-2014 12:36 AM

I am currently not on any treatment. I have some suspicious areas in my right lung, but I have decided to just watch them. BTW, I was in Maui with my family 3 weeks ago and did two deep scuba dives, and my lungs did just great, despite any activity picked up on the PET/CT. I am doing Rick Simpson Oil, which I got from a friend about two weeks ago. So I am only two weeks along in this process. The oil comes in a syringe and is very dark colored. I was warned to start off taking an amount the size of half a grain of rice. The strain in Indica, which makes me very sleepy, so I am now only taking it at night when I go to sleep, as it makes me too tired during the day, and I do not feel safe while driving. It has increased my appetite. I have just switched to a new doctor, and he is not in favor of cannabis use, as he had a patient that took too much and almost ended up in a coma, he survived. I think the lesson is that when you do get the oil, that you start off very slowly with a half a grain of rice serving and work yourself up to the recommended dosage. It is definitely a destressor, and my doctor does like it for treating the side effects of chemo (nausea, lack of appetite, and insomnia). My only concern with cannabis use, is how it affects us cognitively. My next scans are at the end of September and then I will have a better idea of how effective it has been with healing my lungs. I am only taking evening primrose oil and RSO when I go to sleep at night, and that is it.
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

Fern

waterdreamer 08-02-2014 06:58 PM

Last night I took about a grain of rice size of Rick Simpson Oil, and I woke up in the middle of the night with a major anxiety attack feeling like I was dying. I have very low blood pressure to begin with, and cannabis does lower blood pressure. It felt like my blood pressure had dropped dangerously low, dizziness, diarrhea, numbness and general malaise. I am stopping the RSO for a while. Please be aware of this effect if you do have low blood pressure, and also be aware of how potent a small amount is. It also takes about an hour to start having effects. I am stepping back from this for the meantime. Does anyone know if metformin causes low blood pressure?

europa 08-03-2014 11:43 AM

Hey there,
I also have lower than normal blood pressure and am doing ok on Merformin

KDR 08-03-2014 02:53 PM

I'm also *newly* on Metformin, through my integrative oncologist. No issues as yet. Fern, I'm sorry to have missed your call, will try tomorrow (Monday). Are you sure you have 100% RSO? Perhaps you should go back down to half the size of a grain of rice? Maybe a blood pressure cuff in your home would be helpful?
Warmly,
Karen
PS
http://phoenixtears.ca/contact/

donocco 09-13-2018 10:12 AM

I agree with you 1000%. I worked as a pharmacist at Sloan Kettering in 1978. That was 40
years ago. It was a difficult place to work. You could cut the fear and guilt etc etc with a knife. Particularly where young leukemic children were involved. At that time I thought in 10,15 years the cancer situation would radically change due to the development of more effective, less toxic drugs.

Well 40 years have passed and this has not happened. As far as Im concerned the only drugs that have made a difference are Gleevic for Leukemia and, of course, the anti-Her 2 Neu drugs. All the other new drugs (Halaven, Ixempra, Tykerb, etc have made little real difference. I dont know about the immune stimulating drugs like Keytruda and Yervoy. Too early to tell. If someone feels medical Marijuana could help, go for it.

Paul

Cathya 09-13-2018 01:23 PM

Paul;

What about drugs like Ibrance (pablociclib)? Off topic but I'm curious why it works for some triple positives and HR positive/HER2-'s and not others. I'm on a site with other hormone positives who don't respond well and others who have fantastic results. It really offers something much better than chemo if it works.

Oh, and from what I read earlier, hormone positives shouldn't be taking marijuana.

Cathy

donocco 09-13-2018 05:34 PM

Ibrance is a fairly good drug. Some advances have been made. But the underlying suffering from cancer has not changed much in the fourty years I mentioned.

Its a crap shoot really. Some people respond well to a drug while others dont. I know the Cyclin D Kinase 4,6 inhibitors are approved for ER+ Her2 negative patients. If a person is ER+ and HER2 + I dont see why you cant use the Palbociclib type drugs as long as the patient is getting an anti-Her2Neu drug like Herceptin. Ill do som e research.

I get the impression that FDA approvals are political as well as scientific. Take the drug Movantik for opiate induced constipation. The FDA approval for Movantic clearly states Non Cance related opiate induced constipation. Why is this?

Cathya 09-13-2018 06:24 PM

Paul; I know of a couple of Her2+ women who are on Ibrance and doing well. Apparently there will be a paper released in December on it. I was told Her2's were not included in the clinical trials to fast track the drug.

Cathy

donocco 09-13-2018 10:05 PM

Cathy

Fast tracking the drug may well be a reason. Im not sure it is the only one. I reasoned pharmacologically that Ibrance could be used in Her2 Neu positive patients. I was t sure. sometimes pharmacological logic only goes so far.From what you tell me about your friends who are Her 2 Neu positive and successfully using the Ibrance type of drugs(there is also Versenio and Kisquali) my logic seems to be OK. The lobbying power of the insurance companies may also be a factor in the limited approvals. To be fair this was always done to get a drug on the market. But in the past, (before the insurance takeover of medicine) the drugs were affordable and the patient could buy them from a pharmacy. Movantik 25mg (I think that is the dose) might cost one dollar a tablet and a months supply (30 tabs) would only cost 30 dollars. I have no idea how much it costs now, so after I finish this post Ill call Walgreens. Ill post the amount on the board.My guess is that it will be hundreds of dollars. For all intents and purposes, an FDA approval saying Movantik is for non cancer induced opiod constipation means cancer patients cant afford it and get it. Do you think the FDA is unaware of this?. In all honesty I cant say. But I can use my thinking and imagination

donocco 09-13-2018 10:20 PM

I called Walgreens in Huntington Beach California and asked the price of thirty 25mg Movantik tablets without insurance. It is usually taken once daily. It was cheaper than I thought-four Hundred one dollars ($431). I actually though it might be much more. It is high enough. I doubt many patients coud pay this sum a month, month after month

VDC 09-04-2020 12:16 AM

Since the original author asked about medical cannabis, I"ll respond to that. BE VERY CAREFUL with cannabis. THC at levels above about 25 mg a day, suppresses the immune system. This can allow cancer to grow more quickly.....unless there are good targets on the cancer. Fortunately HER2 is about 80% likely to have good target and high THC is often beneficial for these varieties of cancer. However, for about 20% of HER2 positive cancer, there are not good targets and increasing THC will only cause the cancer to grow more quickly. If you choose to use cannabis, please make sure to have scans after a couple months to see if there is faster progression. For 80% of HER2 positive cancer's THC will be helpful but for the other 20%......bad news.