HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Burning feeling my head (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57006)

twosenuf99 01-09-2013 07:07 AM

Burning feeling my head

Hello

Anyone ever have a burning sensation in their head? It started about 3 days ago at the base of my skull and is spreading to my ear. I have yet to see any doctors since I moved to Virginia ( waiting for insurance cards) but now am getting worried my cancer has come back in my brain.

Any help is appreciated.

'lizbeth 01-09-2013 08:24 AM

Re: Burning feeling my head

Where is the pain? If you have tension in the muscles surrounding the skull it could cause significant pain. You have a lot of muscle attachments at the occiput, the base of the skull.

Hoping it is just tension and not brain mets, yikes! Try massaging the base of the skull and put pressure in little circles around the scalp. You can also dig in with your fingers and make small vibrating/scratching movements - feels great and helps relieve tension in the scalp muscles.

Sorry you have pain. Hopefully it won't be anything serious.

KsGal 01-09-2013 01:52 PM

Please call the doctor and get it checked just to be safe. Absolutely I don't want to scare you at all, but its just better to be safe. I agree with all the nerve endings at the base of the skull, and also the way its spreading towards your ear could definitely be tension. We are certainly all under a fair stress load around here :). But with my recent experience, Im a scaredy cat now, so make sure you stay on top of it. Lots of prayers headed your way.

twosenuf99 01-11-2013 11:01 PM

Thanks 'lizbeth and KsGal,

The pain is actually on the back of my head left side from middle of head down to where it meets my neck. Looking for a doctor to go to hoping it doesn't take long to get an appointment.

Thanks again for the input.
Tracy

'lizbeth 01-12-2013 11:32 AM

Hello again,

Yes, I figured you would get in to see the doctor as soon as you could arrange an appointment.

You might try some hydrotherapy. Soak your feet in a nice warm tub and put a cold wash cloth or ice pack on your neck for a short time.

What makes it feel better? What makes it feel worse? What helps? Heat or cold, or perhaps pressure?

Do you have any other symptoms that you are concerned with? Blurry vision, a sense of loss of balance?

I suspect that you have been going through a major change with a move? That is a lot of stress and physical effort.

Hopefully this is just a muscle strain and subsequent tension.

Wishing you a speedy appointment and quick relief!

twosenuf99 01-15-2013 10:14 AM

'Lizbeth

Hot shower does seem to help a little. No loss of balance or blurry vision. Just doesn't seem to go away. Thanks so much for the help..

Rolepaul 01-15-2013 10:47 AM

Let the forum know if it is in the brain. This is not a lost cause as there is significant work that is ongoing. If you have the contact from the insurance company, you do not need the card. Call your insurance company and they will give you a doctor to go see. That is the law.

twosenuf99 01-16-2013 10:26 AM

Rolepaul,
thanks I am now in the process of getting my records from out of state. Should have an appointment in about 2 weeks. I am so behind in my check ups. Haven't seen a doctor since September when I finished chemo. Will definitely keep everyone up to date. I so depend on this group for support..