HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on Barb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61143)

MikeF 05-30-2014 11:30 AM

Update on Barb

Its with great sadness I log in to inform you all that my wife has lost her battle with the enemy. The last couple months have not been good and I regret not keeping you all informed. An abscessed tooth that couldn't be treated other than with broad spectrum antibiotics. Followed by a urinary tract infection again treated with broad spectrum antibiotics set the stage for C-Diff followed by a blockage in her bial duct. She was hospitalized 4/15- 4/25 and released with antibiotics to fight the C-Diff. She fought hard to regain her strength however very little appetite and a recurrence of the C-diiff accompanied with pneumonia put her back in the hospital Sunday 5/25. She passed away peacefully Tuesday morning 5/27 at 4:45 surrounded by her family. Her last words as we assembled having been told by the doctors that it was time were " I am sorry" which destroyed all of us. I want to thank all of you here now and honor those that have gone on previously you have all been an inspiration and source of education for us. Keep up the fight I may check in periodically as the pain subsides but know that your all in my thoughts and prayers.

SoCalGal 05-30-2014 11:46 AM

Re: Update on Barb

I am so sorry for your (our) loss. It is with much sadness that I read your words. Thank you for letting us know...

LeahM 05-30-2014 12:03 PM

I am so sorry. May you and your family find peace.

Coux92 05-30-2014 12:31 PM

Mike, I'm so sorry for your loss and pain. May you find peace .
Elizabeth

DianaMK 05-30-2014 01:35 PM

I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Becky 05-30-2014 02:16 PM

I am very sorry about Barb and you and your family. We will miss you and pray for all of you and your sweet angel.

sassy 05-30-2014 04:57 PM

Mike,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We will miss Barb and Hope you stop by to keep in touch.

Your devotion to Barb has been an inspiration.

'lizbeth 05-30-2014 05:11 PM

MikeF - I am so sorry to hear of Barb's passing.

She fought hard and really wanted to be with her family. I hope the grief fades and is replaced with wonderful memories of experiences with Barb.

My condolences

FLfrost 05-30-2014 06:04 PM

Mike I send my condolences to you and your lovely family. It is with sadness that we say good by to such a warrior. I am just beginning this journey by Faith I say I don't know what the future holds but I know who holds the future. I grieve with you in her loss and celebrate with you her very special life. Joanne

StephN 05-30-2014 07:11 PM

Dear Mike -

This is such a blow to us all to hear of these infections and how they managed to take down a women who fought cancer so long with her face in the wind.

Amid the sorrow of your message, I take the lesson that we must do all we can against infections setting in. These bad "bugs" are everywhere.

I am sure she was sorry to leave her faithful and adoring family, but her spirit will abide with you. RIP Barb.

Ceesun 05-30-2014 07:14 PM

Mike, I am very sorry to read this and send my sympathy to you and yours. Please take care of yourself and your darling children...come back as you may wish and know that we are all pulling for you. Barb will be with you always in those two beautiful faces. Cathy

KDR 05-30-2014 07:40 PM

Mike,
I am sooo sorry to hear about your loss of Barb. I have come to look forward to your posts. You were such a great supporter of Barb, and I'm sorry for all the suffering you and your family have endured.
Because of you, I applied to The Little Pink Houses this year and won! I leave Sunday. I wanted to tell you about it after I went, and really had the vacation. Now, I can't hold back...
Thank you for all you've offered here. Thank you.
Please stay on with us.
Warmly,
Karen

Carol Ann 05-30-2014 07:54 PM

I am so sorry.

Carol Ann

Vicky 05-30-2014 08:21 PM

Mike,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will pray for peace, and for comfort in the weeks and months ahead as you grieve- as we all grieve along with you. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

carlatte7 05-30-2014 08:30 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers for thr peace that passes all understanding for all of you. -Carla

Redwolf8812 05-30-2014 08:38 PM

I am so sorry to hear this news. Prayers for you and your family...

- Penny

caya 05-30-2014 09:09 PM

So sorry for your loss Mike.
Barb was a real fighter.

all the best
caya

Pamelamary 05-31-2014 12:04 AM

So sorry to hear this news about Barb.
Condolences to you, Mike, and all your family.
Warm wishes....Pam

michka 05-31-2014 12:23 AM

Dear Mike, I am so sorry to hear this very sad news. I love Barb's picture with the children and I will keep you all in my thoughts. Michka

dawny 05-31-2014 05:58 AM

Dear Mike

So sad to hear this news. Thank you for thinking to share with us, at this time. My love to you and yours.

Dawn. Xx