HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Did I miss something on Fob (full of beans) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59607)

cienna 11-26-2013 12:39 PM

Did I miss something on Fob (full of beans)

Hi ladies,

Does anyone have any news on Fob?

Tx

'lizbeth 11-26-2013 01:19 PM

Re: Did I miss something on Fob (full of beans)

This is the last post I found back in June:

Quote:

Dear friends,

Well I did not go back home Tuesday and I took my 2nd vinorelbine... which ended up with me in pain after been leaving the hospital few hours after. I had to go to a&e (emergency) and was on morphine shot for 2 days ( stomach trachea I think lost there linnings and bad tumours'pain lung and neck).

After all this the tumours in my neck are actually quite bigger than before the chemo (4 days ago). All I can see on net is not positive about that.

I still cannot eat unless I have an anti sickness machine plugged into me 24hr a day, even drinking has only resumed yesterday. At least pain is under control.
Has anyone else been in touch with FOB?

Bunty 11-26-2013 05:30 PM

I was only thinking of FOB again last night too - I'm feeling uneasy I have to say, but still hopeful she'll pop in again soon with an update.
Marie

Laurel 11-26-2013 06:49 PM

I have not heard a thing. Ellie F, any word from across the pond on Beans?

suzan w 11-27-2013 04:37 AM

Did not hear anything back from my post a few months ago...fearing the worst...

cienna 11-27-2013 06:06 AM

I have posted messages to her and no reply :-(

Hope she is okay. Does anyone have a contact no that they can call and check?

michka 11-27-2013 06:42 AM

We used to write and support each other a lot. She could write in French sometimes for me. We started TDM1 at the same time and were both in a poor state. It did not work for her and she started to suffer. Her last mail to me was in July. I wrote several times but she did not answer and I know what it means. Here I am crying again. She was too young. I miss her so much. Michka

Ellie F 11-27-2013 07:57 AM

Hi all,
I also had emails from FOB but these stopped in the summer. I knew she was weak and having a hard time admitted to hospital. I have had a huge sense of foreboding about her but hope we will hear from her again.
Ellie

StephN 11-27-2013 12:28 PM

Thanks for answering everyone.

I also did not get any more response from her. She came to Seattle for the vaccine trial all the way from London. I met her 3 times. She was working hard on her diet to keep her body strong and as free of toxins as possible. Karina has a great mind and her posts showed the level of research she went to in studying how to go about defeating her disease.

She would be here posting if she could, of that I am sure.