HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Tiptoe the Chinese hamster (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30283)

PinkGirl 09-29-2007 11:26 AM

Tiptoe the Chinese hamster

Hi to all the Hamsterians

Tiptoe left my place this morning via Air Mail. She is on her way to Andi's home in Boca Raton, Florida. The next leg of her journey will be to Believe's home in Rhode Island. After that, her schedule is open.

I hope you will all keep me informed as to her whereabouts. I got a little attached to the rodent while she was here.

Hope you enjoy her Andi. The day before she left, we went out and had her ears pierced. So if anyone is wondering about buying her any gifts, she needs earrings. If it is hot there, she will also need sunglasses and a hat. She has her own sunscreen.

StillHere 09-30-2007 01:07 AM

I would love to host our little foreign exchange rodent, TipToe. I won't dare tell her what my husband has been doing with all the chipmunks that are breeding like rabbits in our yard. I also think it would be great for her to get to Spain, Down Under, Japan, UK, etc. We definitely need to find out how to post pictures of her travels.

Joe can you give us a mini inservice on picture posting?

Mary Anne in TX 09-30-2007 04:42 AM

Tiptoe will love her tour! We so need a picture of our little friend! Can't wait to see her new earrings. ma

PinkGirl 09-30-2007 01:29 PM

Pictures of Tiptoe (maybe)

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 394

Attachment 395[ATTACH]Attachment 111[/ATTACH]

I am trying to attach some pics of Tiptoe. I hope this works :)
One picture is of her the day she arrived here and I had a wine and
cheese party for her. The other one is of her using my computer.

Catherine 09-30-2007 02:56 PM

Friend wanted in Oregon

I am sorry that Pinkie had to say goodbye to Tiptoe. But you know how hamsters like to stay on the move. I agree that she should see the world, but please do not send her away from the North American Continent before she has had time to visit me in Oregon. I am in no rush, but I can not have her visit anytime in the month of November, as we will be in Arizona. I am so glad that she has earrings, because she will feel more complete at the fancy restaurants where I hope to take her.

Have a safe journey, Tiptoe.
Catherine

jones7676 10-01-2007 08:05 AM

I think that TipToe would like to visit Upper Michigan, she could meet my best friend. I would like to have a chance to have her come visit and view Lake Superior.......might have to take her ice fishing if she comes later in the winter! :-) May I have a turn?

PinkGirl 10-01-2007 08:55 AM

Tiptoe's Itinerary

Hamsterians:

Tiptoe will be in Florida and then in Rhode Island. I'm not sure where she'll go after that. I guess it will be up to Believe.

So far, the following people want her for a visit: Harrie in Hilo, MJo in Delaware, Still Here in Wisconsin, Mary Anne in Texas (I think she wants her), Catherine of Oregon (one of Henry Vlll's wives) and jones 7676 of Christmas.

I asked Tip how she wanted to arrange her schedule and she said that she was up for anything. So, Believe will have to choose someone and then we can keep looking back to this thread to see where she goes next. Anyone have a better idea?

Also, along the way, someone might have to get her a new journal. Remember - she's going to Andi and then to Believe...............the journal might be full after that :) :) :) Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Sheila 10-01-2007 09:10 AM

Pink Girl
I think she might like to go to the Breast Cancer Symposium in Texas in December....I am willing to take her if she wants to meet Joe, Christine, Donna from IL, Becky, Me, Chrisy...wow, she could nail alot in one time...not to mention many famous Oncologists and all the Genentech Herceptin reps....

PinkGirl 10-01-2007 09:18 AM

Breast Cancer Symposium

Wow.....I can see it now... a group photo with Joe, Christine, and all the sisters from the Board....with Tip wearing her best earrings and her little piece of pink hair that I gave her....might make the cover of Beyond magazine (which Tip likes to read). Good idea Sheila!!!

mts 10-01-2007 09:33 AM

You guys are too funny...

I will keep a watchful eye on TipToe's travels...

If she ever wants to come back to sunny Florida, she is welcome to snuggle with me. I could take her to visit the largest rodent on earth- Mickey ! or better yet, Minnie...

Maria

hutchibk 10-01-2007 09:36 AM

Tiptoe needs to come to Austin, TX!! Let me know her schedule, and I have a bedroom waiting. My cats will even play with her...

SusieQ 10-01-2007 10:15 AM

Tiptoe......you and the spirt you carry is welcome in our home, anytime! The San Diego weather is fabulous and you will meet many wonderful people!

fauxgypsy 10-01-2007 11:07 AM

Send me TipToe when she has an opening and I will paint her portrait.

Leslie

tricia keegan 10-01-2007 12:38 PM

Cead mile Failte Tip!

I can take Tip and think it may be beneficial for her to visit other country's,she should have an enquiring knowledgable mind for other cultures after all if she's expected to attend all these posh dinner's and hold good conversation with VIP's!! (I'm sure we have a few Irish words she'd soon pick up)...hey she can kiss the blarney stone too, I'm sure that would help.
If march suits her we can arrange for her to arrive on the 17th in time for the ST Patrick Day parade here:)
We have lots of little people in green with beards who'd love to meet her, it's rumoured they're quite wealthy with crocks of gold!!
P.S...for anyone who does'nt know the translation above is ..one hundred thousand welcomes tip!

Becky 10-01-2007 01:20 PM

Well, if Tip makes it to San Antonio via Sheila, I will visit with her then. Let me know so I can make sure to bring her a present. We will try to get a picture of her with Dr. Slamon who is particularily fond of Chinese Hamsters ya know!

Marlys 10-01-2007 01:47 PM

Include me in those who want TipToe to visit. Idaho is famous for more than potatoes but we are trying to keep that secret!!
Marlys

hutchibk 10-01-2007 05:04 PM

Oh -she will be in San Antonio for the BCS? Cool, I can see her then. Maybe I can kidnap her and bring her to Austin to visit our Breast Cancer Resource Center and the LiveStrong/LAF offices here before sending her on to her next destination!

hutchibk 10-01-2007 05:07 PM

Oh yeah - a high school mate of mine is a VP at Genetech in San Francisco... I think I should email him and tell him the story of Tiptoe - I think they would be thrilled to hear about our hamster mascot and might even be interested in having her visit! Could turn into a marketing tool for them...

Should I?

Sheila 10-01-2007 05:15 PM

PinkGirl and Brenda and Becky and Chrisy and DonnaD
TipToe will be indulging in a chocolate martini if she goes to San Antonio with us!!!!

Patb 10-01-2007 05:16 PM

If Tiptoe can come to Kentucky for the Kentucky Derby in May, that
would be great. She could meet a lot of famous horses, do horses love
hamsters? I could get her a jocky cap for the race.
patb