HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Happy holidays from madubois63 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37334)

madubois63 12-24-2008 09:48 PM

Happy holidays from madubois63

Happy holidays to everyone - no matter what your celebrating!!

I had the greatest time in San Antonio and felt great. I just about kept up with everyone. My mom picked me up from the airport coughing. I woke up with the flu. I've been totally knocked out for the last week. I haven't moved from my bed. The only time I've been out was to see the doctor the other day. My mommy has been taking good care of me (thank God for mommy). This thing has been horrible and I hope no one else gets it. If by chance you do, I really feel sympathy for you. Lots of coughing, dizziness and lack of appetite (I lost all the Genentech cookie weight I gained on the trip).

It took all day, but I did wrap all the presents for the kids. Thank you so very much (you know who you are). My daughter will be very happy with the stuff under the tree!! All our plans have changed, but we will make do.

I am grateful for the many blessing that have come my way, but I'm holding out for the big cure and wish that it comes through for all of us this coming new year.
Love to you all...

Mary Anne in TX 12-25-2008 06:54 AM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_15_2.gif Be blessed, Maryann! Christmas is in the hugs and smiles! And no one shines better in that category than you! Get well, girl! I got it too, but am on the mend today! Thank goodness I did all the grandkid shopping early!!!!!
Hugs, ma

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZNxpt141YYUS

tricia keegan 12-25-2008 04:08 PM

Hi Madubois!

I just came down with the flu two days ago so can relate and have been up the past two nights coughing ugh...hope you're feeling better by now and like you, I hope 2009 is so much better for all of us:)

BonnieR 12-25-2008 07:34 PM

Maryann, you deserve a break! But if anyone can bounce back, it is YOU! I know you'll be up and running soon. Meanwhile, best wishes for the holidays.

Paty 12-25-2008 09:31 PM

Dear Maryan,

A big hug and my best wishes for you an your family during this Christmas. Hope you start feeling better in the comming days. I also hope that next year something more develops to find the cure for breast cancer. All my love,

Paty

caya 12-25-2008 10:12 PM

Hey Maryann,

I hope you will feel better really soon. TGFMoms - I don't know what I would have done without mine when the DH and I were both very ill within months of each other - he had his brain aneurysm (dx Jan. 30, 2006) and then 10 months later - my BC.
Try drinking some of my all around sickness "concoction" - apple cider vinegar (organic with the "mother" if possible), lemon juice, honey and hot water. Can't do any harm, possibly some good.

Hoping for the CURE in 2009 ...
all the best
caya

ElaineM 12-27-2008 12:23 PM

Happy Holidays from madubois63

I hope you and everyone else who is under the weather feels better soon !!
A happy and healthy 2009 to all !!

harrie 12-27-2008 10:30 PM

MA,...hope you get over the flu quickly! Glad it didn't spoil your time in SA.
MA

rinaina 12-28-2008 06:35 PM

Unfortunately Maryanne, I know just how you feel. I too caught the flu despite having the flu shot. Coughing fever body aches congestion....the whole shabang. To top it off, I was even too sick to take my poor husband to the emergency room last night. He ended up having an emergency appendectomy at 2am. Fortunately my son, brother in law and sister in law were around to take him and be with him. I felt so bad that I couldn't be there. This has been a rough year for my husband. He suffered a heart attack in April right after his tax season ended. If you saw him, you would never think he was a candidate for a heart attack. He works out 5-6 days a week, is not overweight at all and eats relatively healthy. Genetics definitely played a role for his father died at the age of 42 of a massive coronary and high cholesterol is in his family and he has it as well. You know that if I couldn't be with him at the hospital I must have been pretty sick. This flu has wiped me out. My hubby comes home tomorrow. Hope you are feeling better Maryanne.

ElaineM 12-29-2008 11:55 AM

Happy Holidays from madubois63

Hope you are feeling better madubois63.
Wow rinaina you and your husband have had your fill of illness too. Hope 2009 will be better for madubois63, rinaina and your husband and everyone else.
I have come down with my annual bronchial cough thing. Good think it is time for my check up tomorrow !! Maybe I can leave some of this thing on the doc's doorstep. Ha ha. Back to hot soup, warm beverages, honey, tea, and all the usual home remedies for me.

madubois63 12-29-2008 01:02 PM

Wow Rinaina, I am so sorry about your husband. I was feeling bad because I couldn't take my daughter to a concert. Now I feel stupid and thankful. I'm so glad your family was there to go to the hospital with your hubby. I hope all is better and you both have a quick recovery.

Thanks everyone. I am finally starting to feel better. I cooked dinner last night and actually did a load of laundry. I am still very tired and coughing a whole lot, but I am feeling human again.
Love to all...and Happy New Year too!

Mary Anne in TX 12-29-2008 04:10 PM

Great news!!!

WomanofSteel 12-30-2008 09:12 PM

I really have chemo brain because I can't even remember what posts I replied to. Sorry to hear you were ill MaryAnn. Hope the New Year finds you feeling better. Thought I had replied here, but I guess I didn't. Silly me!

sherri 01-01-2009 05:59 PM

Dear Mayann,

I hope a wonderful year for you in 2009. You deserve it so much my dear.

Big hug,

Believe51 01-02-2009 10:19 AM

Big hug to you Madame Dubois, sending special love to you today. Wishing your 2009 will bring all your desires to reality!>>Believe51

Bill 01-02-2009 03:52 PM

I'm glad you're feeling a little better, Madame DuBois. You are such a go-getter, I knew you wouldn't be down for long. Rina, I'm sorry to hear about you and your husband. Hopefully, you will bounce back quickly, too. You all have our thoughts and prayers.

vickie h 01-02-2009 06:18 PM

Maryann, A happy, healthier (no flu) 2009 wish for you! My grandkids all have the flu, and my daughter has strep throat, so we are steering clear of the nasty germs and missing them so much. I'm sincerely thrilled that you had a chance to go to Texas and my prayers are with you. Get well, honey pie, and break out those cookies! Love and Hugs, Vickie

juanita 01-03-2009 08:38 PM

so far so good here, just colds. my son who had mono a couple years ago is getting a sore throat so i'm worried. and the baby has pink eye, hope i don't get that i hate putting drops in my eyes. hope everybody else gets better soon!

Bill 01-04-2009 12:19 AM

Madame DuBois, without a doubt, if we were to hold a "best Avatar contest", you would win, hands down. Maybe it's just me, but I get really hungry everytime you post.