HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Met to bladder and then ovaries (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64318)

Gift 12-22-2015 08:28 PM

Met to bladder and then ovaries

I had been diagnosed stage 4 with met to bladder in Jan 2014. Dec 2015 progressed with met to ovaries.
Doctor said it's rather strange but possible.
Anyone has the same experience with met to abnormal organs?

thinkpositive 12-23-2015 12:23 PM

Re: Met to bladder and then ovaries

I'm sorry to hear about your progression. My understanding is that if your cancer was lobular then it can spread to these organs. I don't know how common it is. I personally have never heard of ductal cancer spreading to these organs but then I am no medical professional.

Take care,
Brenda

tricia keegan 12-23-2015 12:33 PM

I don't have any advice to help but wanted to say I'm sorry you're dealing with this and hope someone else can advise you.

Gift 12-24-2015 01:15 AM

Thank you so much Thinkpositive for the info. I am now clear and have no doubt about the met sites.
ILC is new to me.

MaineRottweilers 12-24-2015 04:44 AM

I just wanted to chime in and express my concern that you are experiencing metastasis. I am sincerely sorry for your plight. I pray that your treatment plan is gentle on your body but tough on the cancer and you have many, many years of cancer free life.

Gift 12-24-2015 04:49 PM

Tricia and MaineR, thank you for your supportive dropping in.
I just have to start the treatment again counting from zero.

Mtngrl 12-30-2015 11:02 AM

Gift--

I'm so sorry you've had this development. Cancer sucks! I have seen others on the board with metastases to "weird" organs, though it does appear to be rare.

Looking at your signature, it appears to my amateur eyes as if you have lots of options still open, including hormone treatment. I will add my hopes to Tracy's that your new treatment is gentle on your body and tough on the cancer.

All the best,
Amy

Gift 12-30-2015 10:52 PM

Thank you Amy

suzan w 12-31-2015 09:05 AM

It sounds like you were dx'd with invasive lobular. Me too. It is a sneaky little bugger. Keep us posted. Best wishes to you for a healthy 2016!

norkdo 05-28-2016 04:23 PM

Because your signature indicates you are positive for the hormonally-caused kind of breast cancer, there has long been a link to ovarian cancer from hormonally-caused b.c. and vice versa, no? (not a doctor here). I don't think HER2 goes to those organs.