HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Herceptin / Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who is on Tykerb/Herceptin? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27995)

hutchibk 04-26-2007 10:08 PM

Who is on Tykerb/Herceptin?

Who is on Ty/Herc?

Ty/Herc/Xeloda?

Are you in a trial? Or your doc prescribed it off label?

Is your insurance paying?

Thanks! Still writing my research paper to present to my onc Friday. Hoping to expand the rubberband around his brain... He's just really careful and worries, rightfully so, about unintended consequences without enough data.

Esther 04-27-2007 12:54 PM

I am on Tykerb, Herceptin and Xeloda, and my ins co United Healthcare is paying for it.

For me this is the FDA approved use of Tykerb/Xeloda.

Sherryg683 04-27-2007 07:01 PM

I just recieved my 3 month supply of Tykerb today. I am on it with Herceptin alone as a preventative. My oncologist prescribed it to me off label and my insurance gave me no problem with it, I pay 40.00 for the 3 month supply. ...sherryg683

Lani 04-28-2007 05:49 AM

Sherry

Do you get it from a big mail-in pharmacy associated with your insurance, for example Medco, or do you get the three month supply from a regular pharmacy?

Thanks for the info!

Esther 04-28-2007 09:52 PM

Lani:

I think that the Tykerb is only available through mail order pharmacies, that the Tykerb Cares program is contracted with.

Once your onc submits your paperwork, the Tykerb Cares program forwards your prescription to one of the participating pharmacies to fill the order for you.

Lolly 04-29-2007 08:01 AM

Yes, and the Tykerb Cares people contact your insurance to determine which of the participating pharmacies is a provider for your insurance in order to get the best coverage for each individual.

The list of participating pharmacies is on the TykerbCares website.

Carolyns 05-11-2007 06:57 PM

I am on Tykerb and Herceptin. I am going to check with my oncologist about whether we are going to add a chemo. Am I the only one on just the two?

Carolyn

Lani 05-14-2007 03:03 PM

Carolyn

can you tell us if you have experienced any side effects on the combination of Tykerb and herceptin ?

Thanks!

Carolyns 05-14-2007 06:51 PM

Hi Lani,

Sure, I can tell you that I have not had much in the way of side effects so far.
I took my fifth dose this morning. I go to the bathroom twice in the morning before 9:00 AM and that is it. I have wondered if I may be experiencing reduced side effects because I am on Cipro for a UTI. I don't know if that would matter or not.

I could say that I might feel a bit more tired but that could be the anxiety of switching treatments and the recent news of progression.

Love, Hope, and Peace,

Carolyn

Lani 05-15-2007 09:40 AM

Carolys

Thanks for the input.
I guess there is a clinical trial accruing with herceptin and tykerb only for early bc, but haven't heard of anyone on it--so you are the pioneer.

Lani 05-15-2007 09:46 AM

Carolys

Thanks for the input.
I guess there is a clinical trial accruing with herceptin and tykerb only for early bc, but haven't heard of anyone on it--so you are the pioneer.

Muldoonmom 05-17-2007 12:16 PM

Hi Carolyns,
I am restarting tykerb tomorrow and restarting herceptin (after 8 1/2 years on it with various chemos) next Wednesday. I'm glad to hear that your side effects aren't too bad so far. I was on tykerb last month for 10 days and once the onc gave me my 5th dose of taxotere, I was a total mess. So I stopped everything for 3 weeks and now we're starting up again now that I have recovered. But NO TAXOTERE. I'm done with that. I'm nervous about the diarrhea starting again but I am determined to make this work! Wish me luck! I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

Carolyns 05-17-2007 12:26 PM

Muldoonmom,

I wish you luck and have my fingers and toes crossed that you have very mild side effects. I am on day 8 and still have the same "system" as before and the same side effects. I wake up an hour early take my Tykerb and then go back to sleep. Wake up make a potty trip, eat breakfast, another potty trip and then off to work I go....I know too much information.

So far so good. I wish you luck!

Love, Hope, and Peace,

Carolyn

Muldoonmom 05-17-2007 01:05 PM

Carolyn,
Thanks for your response! I'll let you know how it goes.
Have you developed any of the facial rash? I also had that and I hope it doesn't return.

Carolyns 05-17-2007 03:23 PM

Hi Debbie,

No, not yet, knock wood.

Best wishes!

Carolyn

Rupali 07-11-2007 11:03 AM

Hi Carolyn,
Are you stage 3 or stage 4. I am just curious because you are on both Herceptin and Tykerb.
What is the frequency of Herceptin you are taking? Is it once every 3 weeks?
Regards,
Rupali