HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   One year Stage IV - triumph and trepidation? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57368)

Pamelamary 02-15-2013 07:41 PM

One year Stage IV - triumph and trepidation?

It has now been a year since I was rediagnosed, after almost eight years of a health I had come to take for granted. So I have defied Dr. Google; typing in "liver mets prognosis" didn't do much for my peace of mind in the early days! What has been far more helpful has been the many happier stories on this forum. (At the same time, I acknowledge the sadnesses we have shared through the year, the losses to our community.)
I have learned a lot about how individual we are, in terms of our disease and response to treatment, and try not to be depressed by mere statistics. I have also learned I am NOT a good patient - by the time Docetaxol had taught me what being sick meant, I was full of self pity and taking it out on all those who loved me most. I am so fortunate that this love and support have never wavered.
Recently I have been stable, the treatment is easily tolerated and I have enjoyed a wonderful (Australian) summer. My crew cut looks a bit kinky, but hey, at least it's hair!
But it is that time..... just had scans and waiting for results. Cross fingers for me please!.......... Pam

LeahM 02-15-2013 08:15 PM

Re: One year Stage IV - triumph and trepidation?

Fingers and toes crossed. Prayers ascending.
Leah

NanaJoni 02-15-2013 08:51 PM

You got lots of crossed fingers and some hands folded in prayer.

StephN 02-15-2013 09:48 PM

I am wishing for your cancer "summer" to continue, and that you get a good report.

As Caya says, "out, out damned spots." I said something like that as well, and it seems to have worked for me so far ...

KsGal 02-15-2013 09:59 PM

Sounds like a wonderful year. What a blessing.
I think Google is one of our biggest enemies...I know the day I was diagnosed stage IV I scared myself to death all afternoon reading the internet.
So, fingers crossed, legs and toes and everything else too, and prayers sent for nice clean scans, and I hope your Australian summer in nonending. :)

jaykay 02-16-2013 05:11 AM

Everything that I can cross is crossed! Although I'm "just" stage IIB this time around, I can definitely relate to the shock of recurrence after many years of health.

Jackie07 02-16-2013 05:35 AM

Sending prayers (and crossed fingers/toes :) for continued stable...

karen z 02-16-2013 07:14 AM

Everything crossed from this end.
Continue to enjoy your beautiful sunny skies.

NEDenise 02-16-2013 08:26 AM

Pam...Yay for you!

Hoping, praying, crossing everything crossable, that you get exactly the news you are hoping to get from those scans!

I celebrate my 1 year since stage IV this summer...which selfishly makes me sooooooo HAPPY for you! You, my friend, are blazing a trail I hope to follow!

Not to hijack your thread, but from your post it seems that Australia's summers must be unusual. Are they?
Denise

Pamelamary 02-16-2013 06:21 PM

No Denise, nothing unusual about our summers - just making it clear they I am talking about now for us in the southern hemisphere. My winter was distinctly less enjoyable! Thanks to all for the good wishes and I will let you know the results after I see my oncologist on Wednesday.
Pam

Soccermom 02-16-2013 07:36 PM

All digits crossed for good scans,Pamelamary!
Hugs,
Marcia

sassy 02-16-2013 07:56 PM

Prayers for continued good news!

Bunty 02-16-2013 08:11 PM

Hi Pam, hoping for continued good results for you, and that the yearly anniversaries keep clicking over year after year after year! Let us know how you go on Wednesday.
Best wishes
Marie

Mandamoo 02-16-2013 11:32 PM

Hi Pamela - a milestone indeed! Well done.

Redwolf8812 02-17-2013 03:33 AM

Congrats on the year. Prayer said.

Joanne S 02-17-2013 11:38 AM

Ditto Ditto Ditto. Prayers for many many more years. Hugs, Joanne

Pamelamary 02-21-2013 09:15 PM

Well, the news is good! Scan showed stable sclerotic bone lesions and the liver mets are "barely detectable" and "probably inactive". So I think this is as good as it gets and I stay on the Herceptin, Tamoxifen and Denosumab for another 3 months. Yay again!
HOWEVER the scan also showed enlargement of the uterus, so now I have to make a gyny appointment. What would life be without something to worry about?!!?!
Best wishes to all...... Pam

Mandamoo 02-22-2013 01:20 AM

That's great news! I'm hoping the uterus issue is nothing to worry about.
Much love, A xxx

dawny 02-22-2013 02:50 AM

Yep, fantastic news!

NEDenise 02-23-2013 06:44 AM

Pam!
That's great news! Yay!
Hoping to read relief in our words after the gyn appt too!
Denise