HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Mighty Oak~Reoccurrence In Spine (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37309)

Believe51 12-22-2008 12:43 PM

~Mighty Oak~Reoccurrence In Spine

Now the Gamma Knife is done it is time to tend to the back issues. We have a reoccurrence in the spine, which we knew already in the deep in our minds.

Areas for radiation are:

T1 through T8
C2 & C4

....might as well say the entire spine!

I just cannot stand this rollercoaster ride any longer. Since there is over a foot of snow here and the back roads are quiet, I know it is time for a scream ride. I am going to drive with blaring music on and cry loud as I can.

Then I will call back the OncoMan to see when our radiation is. I will be alright after my ride.>>Believe51

PS: I have a script for Xanax that I really need to start faithfully. Today will be my first faithful dose until I can get on an antidepressant. I keep saying that after this I'll start, then I find the strength, then I fall into a funk. Well, when am I going to start taking this??...No more falling and no more funks, I do not need to dog myself anymore. Marie's new regime, Xanax starting TODAY!!

chrisy 12-22-2008 01:07 PM

MY DEAREST MARIE,

SCREAM INDEED.
THEN TAKE THAT XANAX
LEAVE THE PRAYERS TO US FOR A DAY.

MUCH LOVE
CHRIS

ps - I was trying to lurk anonymously, but I had to log in to respond to you...

hang in there, dear.

Mary Anne in TX 12-22-2008 01:34 PM

Take the stuff, Marie! You're doing it for you and Ed and also for all of us who love you! ma

Believe51 12-22-2008 01:42 PM

Hahaha, yes my love, I'll take the ride first!! And I like knowing that your lurking keeps us all on our best behavior.>>Believe51

Sheila 12-22-2008 02:01 PM

Oh Marie
Not what I was hoping for, but I know you will scream then take control....take the Xanax, and like Chrisy said, we will do the praying for both of you...the sun will shine again FOR YOU BOTH!....

Lani 12-23-2008 02:17 PM

Believe 51

I think I already wrote that there is a new drug for bone mets, denosumab, which is on fast track for FDA approval, but already used in trials which may be helpful if bisphosphonates aren't.

We are all rooting (?sp) for you...but go ahead and scream!!!

Believe51 12-23-2008 02:58 PM

Lani, I had to run to the OncoMan's office for prescriptions about an hour ago. You will never believe this but we were just talking about this drug. He is looking into getting this trial at the Cancer Center he runs. Great minds think alike, Santa.>>Believe51

Patb 12-23-2008 03:06 PM

Scream your heart out and take your xanax and we
will all pray for you and Ed and send all our healing
thoughts your way.
patb

karenann 12-23-2008 03:50 PM

I still believe, but screaming is good, too.

Love,
Karen

RobinP 12-24-2008 06:34 AM

Oh no, I am so sorry. You have my deepest prayers.

Yorkiegirl 12-24-2008 07:16 AM

Oh no, Marie I'm so very sorry to read this news about Ed.

Ed and you Marie, still always remain in my prayers.

sarah 12-24-2008 08:40 AM

Marie,
sorry to hear your news but I'm sure you've read the emails, you are not alone and all of us and thinking about you and the great oak. Scream, cry, take the xanax. Life isn't fair but it's all we've got.
big, big hug and love
sarah

ElaineM 12-24-2008 11:42 AM

Mighty Oak

Scream, cry, pray take meds,
and then keep putting one foot in front of the other. Hang in there. Look to a healthier 2009.

WomanofSteel 12-24-2008 12:07 PM

Scream all you want Marie you cetainly deserve an outlet. Afterwards, take that happy pill and try to relax and enjoy Christmas with your man. We all love you and are praying for you both. May god's peace be with you!

Sherryg683 12-24-2008 04:27 PM

It still amazes me what a wonderful, caring, caregiver you are. Everyone would be blessed to have someone as well informed and willing to fight for them as you are. I know it is very hard on you but you my gal are indeed earning your angel wings...sherryg683

Kim in DC 12-24-2008 04:43 PM

I ditto what Sherry says. You are a saint! But also, take time out for yourself. You have the pull the oxygen mask down over your face before you can begin to help others.

Kim

sassy 12-24-2008 07:33 PM

Marie and Ed,

I just want you to know that I am keeping you in the forefront of my thoughts and prayers.

tricia keegan 12-25-2008 04:05 PM

Marie, I'm thinking of you and Ed, I know you're a strong lady and will get through this and make sure Ed does too! I found exercise, swimming and walking did as much good as xanex but if it works for you go for it my friend:)

Joan M 12-26-2008 11:46 AM

Marie,

You and Ed are in my prayers.

Joan

MJo 12-26-2008 12:05 PM

Screaming, Xanax. I agree with everyone -- ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I imagine you feel very tired. Please be kind to yourself -- pamper yourself. Then fight on. We are all behind you here, but you know that.