HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   On the brighter side of things (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39414)

Sherryg683 05-14-2009 11:29 PM

On the brighter side of things

I haven't posted as much lately but I check in nightly. Just wanted to say that I have been feeling great the past 6 months, been playing tennis again around 4 times a week, actually playing singles most of the time. My tennis team has qualified for the state championships in New Orleans, so will be playing there. And I have been named Honorary Chairperson for the Cancer Services of Baton Rouge Tennis Championship. I saw my oncologist this week and told him that I had been feeling so good that I was almost too afraid to feel this good. Who would have though that 3-1/2 years ago when I was told I only had a 19 percent chance of living 5 years, that I would be feeling like my old self, even better later. I always keep in my mind that this could all turn bad at any scan but while I can, I plan on dancing. I can't control if the cancer decides to come back, but I can control what I intend to do until or if it decides to come back..i'm choosing living...sherryg

Sheila 05-15-2009 04:58 AM

Sherry
Good for you...love your statement, I cant control what the cancer chooses to do, but I can control what I do...and I choose living !!!!!
Keep Living, you are an inspiration!

WomanofSteel 05-15-2009 05:06 AM

I agreed with Sheila, you are an inspiration. It is a positive attitude like yours that helps us all. Bring back a big trophy to share with us all!

chrisy 05-15-2009 08:58 AM

Good for you Sherry! Thanks for chiming in - it gives us all hope and reminds us that it's not how much time we have, but what we choose to do with the time given us.

Shobha 05-15-2009 09:18 AM

Sherry, so good to read your post and attitude. Hopefully, I will develop a positive attitude like yours very soon too...

hugs,
shobha

Bill 05-15-2009 03:51 PM

Hi Sherry! It's good to hear from you, and I'm glad you're doing so well. I've got alot of respect for you tennis players. That takes so much energy! Right now bass-fishing is more my speed. Love ya, Bill

Believe51 05-15-2009 08:45 PM

Hello Sherry, you have always had a special place in my heart and it is times like this that it sings. I celebrate with you today as you pass along your hope and inspiration to us.

So thank you My Love, for helping to keep Ed and I living as we are so busy trying to say his life. It is easy to forget this when all this is happening at once.

Your post means so very much to hear how well you are since it was not always easy for you. You have always been an inspiration to The Mighty Oak and me and today this post instills even more.

Rejoice.>>Believe51

Mary Anne in TX 05-16-2009 04:06 AM

Keep swingin' Sherry Girl!!! ma

sassy 05-16-2009 02:00 PM

You go girl!

Keep that living thing going!

Joan M 05-16-2009 04:27 PM

Sherry,

Thanks for this good news. It's wonderful, and I'm praying for you for NED forever.

Joan

Paty 05-17-2009 11:01 AM

Sherry,

It is great to hear that you are feeling great, certainly an inspiration for many of us, I also love your attitude and it represents an example to me. Keep it up!

Paty

lkc Gumby 05-17-2009 11:55 AM

Hi Sherry,
So good to hear that you are doing so well, and congrats on your tennsi accomplishemts.
I remember when you were first Dxed! and was so happy when you got the all clear on your lungs.

Life is so wonderful. I feel blessed to be doing so well myself!

Enjoy!

tricia keegan 05-18-2009 03:57 PM

Good thinking Sherry, why waste time worrying about what may never happen??
Good luck with the tennis and I hope you continue to do as well as you are now.

Jackie07 05-18-2009 07:41 PM

How wonderful! You were among the first ones to use Xeloda - proof of its efftiveness. Thanks for sharing!

juanita 05-19-2009 02:58 PM

good to hear something good!