HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Not the news i had hoped for (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44518)

Sheila 03-31-2010 04:39 PM

Not the news i had hoped for

Thank you all for the birthday wishes....you are all in my thoughts each day although I find it hard to post with all going on.
My Mother turned 82 the 27th, we had a surprise birthday party for her....it was bittersweet as she looked very frail and sad. Today she was admitted to the hospital again due to low blood sugar, confusion and lethargy....until all the tests come back, they dont know if its diabetic blood sugar issues, the liver cancer, another stroke...she has all but stopped eating looks overwhelmed. My Dad continues to have cardiac issues...partially stress i think from all going on.

I had my CT yesterday, the results were not what I had hoped. Only slight decrease in the mediastinal mass that is compressing the pulmonary artery and left bronchus, a few new areas of growth and a large pericardial effusion...guess that explains why i am still short of breath. I see the oncologist next Tuesday and will see what is next on the horizon for me....I would have thought that the pericardial effusion would have shown up on the echo a couple weeks ago, but nothing was said.....wish it was just the leakage from my implant! Getting it drained does not seem like a fun adventure from what I've read....
I keep hoping for my miracle...in this lifetime would be nice. I am sick and tired of the cancer fairy hanging out in my body!
Love to all of you!

whatz 03-31-2010 05:08 PM

Re: Not the news i had hoped for

Ach Sheila, S***! My heart aches for you. Keeping you in thought and prayer.

StephN 03-31-2010 06:10 PM

Dear Sheila -
Lately life has not dealt you the hand you need to sit back and be able to heal. I believe the level of stress you have been enduring is worse on you than it normally would be.

I know it is hard to think that your Mom may be giving up, and I hope that is not the case and they will find ways to help and ease her.

Seems to be more like the Cancer Devil than the Cancer Fairy at this point. You know lots of fervent prayers are and will continue to be said on your behalf.

Polish up your sword and get ready to banish that cancer.

Margerie 03-31-2010 06:41 PM

when it rains, it pours :( I hope you get some rays of light soon. Hang in there and be strong, thinking of you and yours....

lexigirl 03-31-2010 06:44 PM

Dear Sheila,

I am sorry that the pesky mets aren't letting up. I hope that having the pericardial effusion drained will give you relief right away.

I am also sorry to read that your dear mom is not doing too well. It is so hard to see our parents frail and weak. I just lost my dear daddy yesterday am. He made it to his 80th birthday and we had a nice party for him at home. He was in his hospital bed, but he was at home where he wanted to be.

You and your folks are in my thoughts and my prayers right now.

Lexi

Chelee 03-31-2010 06:55 PM

Dear Shelia, My heart really goes out to you right now...that's just too much for anyone person. Talk about "when it rains it pours". I am just at a loss for words...I just can't imagine how difficult this is for you. It just stinks...I'm over here cussing up a storm for you.

Steph is right...it is the cancer devil your dealing with. It gets old real fast! I just don't know how your handling all this...but I sure hope you have a few ppl to call on so you can rest when needed. I will be praying extra hard for your miracle. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers always.

Chelee

Carolyns 03-31-2010 07:07 PM

Hi Sheila,

I wish I had the right words. You and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn

Joan M 03-31-2010 07:17 PM

Sheila,

You are in my prayers, as you've been dealing with so much lately.

I also get tired of the cancer fairy. My "goal" this year is to stay out of the hospital. Don't we sometimes wish for better goals in this life ...

xoxo

Joan

Bill 03-31-2010 07:57 PM

Hi Cupcake! I'm sorry to hear about all you're going through. You are long overdue for a break and some rest. I pray that good news comes your way soon. You hang in there. Love, Bill
(Lexi, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. Love, Bill)

Rich66 03-31-2010 08:13 PM

If you have a route to get a new biopsy, might be helpful. Either for chemosensitivity test or just the typical Her2 ER/PR stuff. Could open up hormonal avenues.
Cyclophosphamide/Cytoxan hasn't been explored. Abraxane has been shown to work after Taxol.
And there is the often overlooked Pemetrexed:
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44488

flynny 03-31-2010 08:36 PM

Sheila, I'm sorry life isn't treating you so kindly right now. I pray that things turn around for you all soon! Hang tight and big hugs to you!

ElaineM 03-31-2010 09:17 PM

I am sorry to read your news. It is an understatement to say you and your family are having a hard time right now.
I know the cancer thing gets old after awhile, but I hope you find the strength to carry on and find out what kinds of treatment are going to help you.
I hope the promise of spring renewal brings you and your family new beginnings and hope for the future.

Jean 03-31-2010 09:40 PM

My Dear Sheila,
I am only away a day and a half and you have a birthday and I missed it :(

I send you belated birthday hugs and love.
I feel your concern and saddness regarding your Mom.
It is difficult to watch our parents age. I wish your news was better also. You are a strong fighter and right now you have so much you are coping with. Try to have some moments for yourself and get that much needed rest. I hope this low period will reverse for you quickly and that pain in the #@% fairy falls on her face.

I keep you in prayers each day.
Love You,
Jean

Ellie F 04-01-2010 01:33 AM

Sheila
I don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said.I am sorry for your loss and the tough hand you have been dealt all round.
You are a true warrior and will find a way through this again. You still have T-DM1 in your arsenal and I hope it becomes your magic bullet soon.
Hugs and love
Ellie

Pam P 04-01-2010 02:32 AM

Sheila,
I'm sorry to hear of all that's continuing in your life. You are dealing with so much with your parents illnesses and your own treatment as well. I pray you can all find relief soon. You are in my thoughts daily.

I've had the thoracentesis to drain the pleural effusion done 4 times. I'm wondering if the avastin has caused this since it has caused you so many other issues. My pe enlarged a little when I was on avastin. When I was on taxotere I developed pe in both lungs. I had to have each side drained twice over the course of one summer. They also tested for cancer cells in the fluid and thank God there were none. They think it was caused by the taxotere. I still have some pe in each lung but very minimum. Each time they drained the fluid they took off about a liter and it made a huge difference in my breathing. No the procedure wasn't 'fun' but it was such a relief to have the fluid gone. One thing I remember well is I had 3 different doctors who did it. With one doctor it was horrible, with the other doctors it wasn't bad at all so I think the technique and skill of the doc can make it a very different experience. Be sure you get a good one.

You are in my thoughts and prayers... I hope you'll have a chance to check in after you seen your oncologist next week and let us know the plan. Pam

Mary Anne in TX 04-01-2010 04:30 AM

Sheila, I want to add my love and prayers for you. May the clouds lift and the sun shine on you. ma

Mary Jo 04-01-2010 05:24 AM

Dear Sheila,

My heart is really sad for you right now...I can only imagine how sad yours is. With all this going on with your parents, that in itself, is so tough to endure much less dealing with your health issues.

I wish there was something I could say to take it all away. I truly do. Unfortunately, there isn't. I can offer you my prayers for comfort and peace to hold you and that I will do.

Sincere love and prayers I send.

Mary Jo

ammebarb 04-01-2010 06:30 AM

Good morning, Sheila. I'm sending along my prayers too. Wish with my whole heart that I could do more. Hope you can feel our love surrounding you.

Barb A.

basset girl 04-01-2010 06:53 AM

Sheila, offering many prayers and support that things will improve. I am sure it is so hard dealing with your parents illnesses and your own. Sending big hugs your way!

RhondaH 04-01-2010 07:48 AM

Sweetie, I am SO sorry you are going through this...please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Rhonda