HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Encouragement Needed (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61296)

embur102 06-15-2014 10:11 AM

Encouragement Needed

Hello all!

It has been quite a while since I have posted here. I check in occasionally and think of all of you often.

I had a development this weekend and need your prayers and support. While on my way to participate in a Dirty Girl Mud Run with fellow HER2 board members, Leah and Carla, I had a seizure. A lesion on the left brain was discovered. I will know more after visiting my oncologist tomorrow.

I am asking for your prayers and healing light, please!! Always expected to be one of those long-term survivors....don't we all???

love and light,
PC

linzer 06-15-2014 10:54 AM

Re: Encouragement Needed

I'm so new to this process that I feel like my words are inadequate, but I wanted to wish you well as you navigate this new challenge. I hope that you get answers from your oncologist so that you can know what you are dealing with. Rest up today (easier said than done) as it sounds like you must have had an extremely physically and emotionally exhausting day. Hugs to you! Linzer

LeahM 06-15-2014 02:02 PM

Paula

I have no words other then I love you, adore you, and raise you up in prayers and peace. We didn't get muddy but we did hug. Next year we will do both.

Leah

tricia keegan 06-15-2014 02:03 PM

Sending good wishes to you and all the Irish luck I can muster, stay strong and know you can get through this! ((((hugs)))

carlatte7 06-15-2014 02:07 PM

I am sending every ounce of strength i can to you. Yes, next year we will get muddy and hug lots. I love you dear Paula.

sassy 06-15-2014 04:14 PM

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way Paula.

Keep posted.

Coux92 06-15-2014 05:37 PM

Damn! You left the house with such selfless ambition...you deserve better. I hope all investigation comes out strongly in your favor and that you are covered in mud next year!
Elizabeth

KDR 06-15-2014 06:11 PM

I'm happy to "see" you again! Good luck and please know we are thinking of you.
Karen

MaineRottweilers 06-15-2014 06:24 PM

Prayers for you, Paula.

Nurse4u2day 06-15-2014 06:34 PM

Embur 102 ,
I may not know you but I do know the fear and prayers for you from California.

StephN 06-15-2014 06:50 PM

So sorry to hear of THAT kind of development. And glad you were either with someone or had a way to avoid any kind of accident.

If it is just one met, the chances of long-term survival are nearly 100% with the treatments we have now. You WILL be one of those long-term gals, maybe after a bump in the road, which does happen.

All best "muddy" wishes coming your way.

Pray 06-15-2014 06:59 PM

Hope and prayers to you and your family. Your obviously a fighter! please keep us posted we are here for you.

BonnieR 06-15-2014 10:46 PM

Steph says the best things! And it sounds like everyone is expecting you to be doing some dirty hugging this time next year
As I always say, keep the faith

Pamelamary 06-16-2014 01:09 AM

Sorry to hear your news and hope the oncologist appointment shows you a way forward.
Lots of positive thoughts from Australia.... Pam

mamacze 06-16-2014 07:11 PM

StephN said it all - if she can be a long term POST brain mets survivor - then by God, so can you - get ready for next year honey because I think you are heading for a mud slinging win!!
Love and adoring light zooming right to you. please let us know what your oncologist says….
XO

LeahM 06-16-2014 07:27 PM

Hello All... An update as per Paula.

Paula has thus far received all treatments at a satalite office of the Cleveland Clinic. On Wed she is meeting with the big guns at the main campus. She has one lesion on the left side of her brain and it sounds like gamma knife is in her near future.

I will update you until Paula is ready to do it herself. She truly appreciates all the support. Not the muddy waters she expected.

Best
Leah.

Jackie07 06-17-2014 01:28 AM

Thanks for the update, Leah.

Please let Paula know that we are thinking of her. GKRS is a powerful tool and I am optimistic that the lesion will be zapped successfully.

Lisalou 06-17-2014 06:23 AM

Sending love, light and healing energy!

thinkpositive 06-17-2014 06:51 AM

You WILL be one of those long term survivors! We are all pulling for you and sending positive thoughts your way. Stay positive.

SusanN 06-17-2014 07:05 PM

Sending Hugs and prayers!!