HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My first 1yr checkup after first diagnosis and surgery (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62654)

JessicaV 02-12-2015 02:49 AM

My first 1yr checkup after first diagnosis and surgery

Hi, Had my first annual checkup today. I went in totally sure in my mind that this mammogram and ultrasound would be clear, and that my focus needed to be on getting the surgeon to give an MRI of my head and to tell me how to check the site of the mastectomy since this will not be screened.

I was therefore somewhat knocked off my stride when the Radiologist reported concern about a 7mm nodule at 12o'clock 8cm from nipple of right breast which showed up in my mammogram from last year but not in the ultrasound from last year. If it is the same lump, it is stable, but in the circumstances it could be a different lump, so they thought it best to biopsy. And they sent me for my first core biopsy, and found me a cancellation this afternoon, so I should have results by Tuesday afternoon.

My surgeon also gave me a referral for a head MRI, which is good. And there was luckily a cancellation available for that too: Thursday next week at 8am in the morning (instead of early March).

I think part of the reason the radiology reception was so amazingly helpful with appointments was because I did a really stupid thing on Wednesday: I got up believing it was Thursday, and drove for an hour to the hospital for my day of tests and review. The radiology receptionist broke it to me that my appointments were actually for the next day, Thursday. I was so sure I was right that I argued with her , "Are you sure it's Wednesday today?" I asked.

So she was rather sorry for me with my stupid chemostupid brain, and really went the extra mile to help me. Ill winds and silver clouds etc.

But I am really hoping it is not brain-metz induced brainal problems, and that the MRI will prove negative. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Lucy 02-12-2015 03:39 AM

Re: My first 1yr checkup after first diagnosis and surgery

I'm glad you were able to get all the tests scheduled quickly. I hope they all show no evidence of disease.

LizzElliot 02-12-2015 06:32 AM

Fingers crossed and praying, Jessica. Be it all well!

tricia keegan 02-12-2015 10:58 AM

Hoping for clear results Jessica!

thinkpositive 02-13-2015 09:53 AM

Sending positive thoughts and energy your way!

Mtngrl 02-13-2015 12:03 PM

That all sounds really scary. The waiting is the hardest part.

Hang in there. Don't worry about anything until/unless you have to.

Nurse4u2day 02-13-2015 02:32 PM

When I was diagnosed they found a 3mm nodule on my lung said it was benign and we would just watch it ( mind you with inflammatory Breast cancer 1 in every3 women are diagnosed at stage 4 ) I completed chemo and they did another scan nodule still present on lung no change, again told it is benign. I will receive my next scan inMay of this year and trust me I still worry about that benign nodule.
Prayers that your biopsies come all clear

JessicaV 02-25-2015 12:41 AM

Hi, all is fine, fibroadenoma only in right breast, nothing untoward in brain.
thanks for your support
Jessica

sassy 02-25-2015 06:22 AM

Wonderful news Jessica!

Becky 02-25-2015 06:25 AM

Great news. Although we all tell you not to worry, I know you did because I would if it were me.

Hugs to you.

Dakini52 02-25-2015 12:31 PM

YEAH!! Great news.

thinkpositive 02-25-2015 04:01 PM

Wow, great news! So happy for you.

Lucy 02-25-2015 06:19 PM

Even when you have no reason to believe there is an issue, it's such an incredible relief to know everything is all clear. So glad to hear this. :)