HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Need a giggle? Look here! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54198)

NEDenise 04-30-2012 08:54 AM

Need a giggle? Look here!

1 Attachment(s)
This cracked me up!

NEDenise 04-30-2012 09:27 AM

Re: Need a giggle? Look here!

1 Attachment(s)
Liked this one too...hit a little close to home...but I guess that's what made me laugh! :)
Denise

NEDenise 04-30-2012 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, didn't giggle yet? Third time's the charm...

Denise

NEDenise 05-09-2012 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Found a new one! :) And here, I thought heat and Advil were the cure for neck pain!

NEDenise 05-11-2012 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found another one...I liked it...you might think it's a "groaner"!

ElaineM 05-12-2012 10:58 AM

Very cute !! Thanks

NEDenise 05-16-2012 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And now...one for the coffee lovers out there...like me!

NEDenise 05-24-2012 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Even Superman has his health woes...

NEDenise 05-29-2012 07:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah...this is tooootallly why I don't jog every morning. I'm such a considerate neighbor.

NEDenise 06-04-2012 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Only in a perfect world...and in my dreams!

candlegranny 06-05-2012 04:50 AM

Denise, you make me laugh. I wish we lived closer together. we have so much in common it seem. i am getting the new boob july 12- even same surgery as you. it is a hard decision, wonder if it is that way for anyone else out there? i want a new boob, tired of fighting with the bra and the looks in certain shirts etc.. while I am Sooooooooooo happy to be alive and a survivor i still want the boob. I worry cause it is major surgery 6-8 hours surgery and 3-5 days in hospital, i sometimes ask myself is it really worth it. But i want my cleavage back and to be perky again. i had some funny jokes but no idea how to post them on the board.
Keep us laughing denise. you are awesome and an inspiration to me!!

NEDenise 06-05-2012 05:20 PM

Bonita,
I wish we lived closer too! Maybe one of us will hit the lottery...then we can afford to travel!! :)

I think you will be very pleased with the way your surgery turns out! My surgery was 11 hours...and I woke up refreshed...not tired at all...the surgeons on the other hand...they looked beat!!

If you have any questions...PM me...no question is off limits! :) If we don't help each other...who will?!

If you want to post jokes or cartoons...this is how:
~"go advanced" (instead of "post a quick reply")
~type the joke or some message (you can't post a cartoon or image without at least a short message too)
~scroll down the page and click on "manage attachments"
~A new browser window will open
~if the image is on your computer...click on "browse"...find the image or cartoon...double click it...then, click on "upload"

~if you want to add something from the Internet...click on "upload file from a URL"...copy and paste the URL (web address) into the box...then, click upload

Close the window...then, click "preview post" to make sure it worked!

Have fun! Looking forward to a few good giggles soon!
Denise

NEDenise 06-12-2012 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This doesn't look like my dog...but he sure acts like him!

Marlys 06-25-2012 08:16 AM

My baby, a Bichon named Pepe, died a couple of months ago. I had had him for 15 years and my heart was broken. So after a few days I went to the humane society and got a rescue dog named Ollie. Ollie is the smartest dog I have ever owned as well as the most loving. However, he is also the most "separation anxious" animal on God's green earth. I left him out once and your picture looks like it was taken at my house. Now, he runs to get in the crate at the bare mention of " Load Up".
Love & hugs,
Marlys
P.S. Ollie is a Dachund. too.

fauxgypsy 06-28-2012 08:20 PM

So funny. I love the dog one. Looks like I am not going to be able to have my surgery. Don't know when or if it will work out. I was diagnosed recently with Systemic Mastocystosis. It makes surgery problematic. Actually, it makes lots of things problematic. It is kind of like being nibbled to death by ducks (without the death part). Thankful, though that it not the worst kind. I hate that you got cancer but your sense of humor has been uplifting for the rest of us.

NEDenise 06-30-2012 09:14 AM

Marlys,
So sorry for the loss of Pepe. Only someone else who's lost a beloved pet can understand the hole it leaves in your life. I'm so glad your new pal Ollie is helping you heal. He sounds like quite a character...and one lucky pup to be living with you!

We recently adopted a 6 month old pup who was represented to us as a black lab mix. I think he's mixed with some variety of small horse! He is 8 months old now and weighs 72 pounds! But he's such a sweety. Truly a gentle giant.
And he and I share a love of books. I read them...he eats them! Anyone know how the "The Afghan" ends? He ate the top right corner of every page, then started ripping out and eating entire pages. The last 5 or 6 pages disappeared before I recognized the tearing sound and came running. He had laid it right on top of his knuckle bone, and his deer antler...and started "devouring literature"! Aaargh! I couldn't stay mad at those big eyes though. He was so proud of himself for finding such a cool "toy"...and I learned to put my books back on the shelf between readings!
As you can guess...he too is happily ensconced in his crate when we're not home to keep an eye on him. I think he views it as a great place to rest up for his next adventure!

Denise

NEDenise 06-30-2012 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Faux,
That sucks! Or does it bite? like a nibbling duck?
I think it sucks that YOU got cancer too...but I'm glad you're here! Making my friends smile is very therapeutic for me...and you are a very receptive audience!!
The comic below is just for you, my friend. (I know...it's a goose. And, you're not a little boy. Work with me here!)
I hope you're feeling better soon! Very soon!
Denise

chrisy 06-30-2012 04:15 PM

I had a dog once that was black lab dachshund mix. Don't ask me how it happened, but the whole litter looked like jacked up cars!

NEDenise 07-01-2012 08:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Chris...
Now, there's a "love story" I wish someone had captured on film!

I once took my seventh grade, life science class to the zoo, in the spring...you see where this is going, right?
Suffice it to say...the giraffe's looked the most awkward, but the gibbons were the most energetic. I couldn't wait for that trip to be over!
Oddly, all the 13 year old boys declared it to be, "the best field trip ever!"
I took the trip in the fall after that!
Yikes!

New giggle below :)

NEDenise 08-17-2012 09:04 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I thought these were cute! Hope you do too!
Denise

JANE SEABROOK is an illustrator and designer who lives in Auckland , New Zealand . In recent years, her artwork has focused on paintings of wildlife for the Fury Logic series of books. She shares her life with her husband, two teenage children, and a growing menagerie of assorted animals. Following are some excerpts from her Fury Logic books.