HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Bio similars to Herceptin-are THEY fully humanized???? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66732)

SoCalGal 12-23-2017 05:15 PM

Bio similars to Herceptin-are THEY fully humanized????

I am so frustrated trying to find out what in Herceptin I am allergic to! I assumed it is the chimeric 1% and want to know if the bio-similiars are fully humanized. Cannot seem to get an easy answer. After 5 years of managing allergic response thru the use of high dose prednisone the day before treatment, along with big dose of benedryl oral and IV on treatment day, I am no longer able to suppress a reaction and had to abort treatment this week. Meantime, I'm trying to figure out next steps since my next step was supposed to be TDM1/Kadcyla. Seeing an immuno-allergist next week. Disappointed that my doctor isn't doing more to trouble shoot. Any ideas on how to get more info on humanized content of bio sims?

Laurel 12-23-2017 06:27 PM

Re: Bio similars to Herceptin-are THEY fully humanized????

Boy, Flori, you ask BIG questions! I hope the propeller-heads will soon chime in on this and your other recent post about the trial you are considering. I know nothing about either topic, so will take the opportunity to wish you a great holiday season! I will watch to read other's wisdom as they chime in!

SoCalGal 12-24-2017 10:43 AM

Thank you, Laurel. Happy holidays to you, too!
I am at a crossroads and a weird one at that. I’m fairly certain I will go off treatment if I can’t resove the (anti) Her2 part of my regime.
While I always expect the unexpected - this is one that really caught me by surprise.
Will see what unfolds over the next couple weeks (scans and consults).
Meantime, just trying to keep my emotions in check. ❤️❤️❤️

Lani 12-24-2017 08:13 PM

DESCRIPTION

Ogivri (trastuzumab-dkst) is a humanized IgG1 kappa monoclonal antibody that selectively binds with high affinity to the extracellular domain of the human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 protein, HER2. Trastuzumab-dkst is produced by recombinant DNA technology in a mammalian cell (Chinese Hamster Ovary) culture.

Ogivri (trastuzumab-dkst) is a sterile, off-white to pale yellow, preservative-free lyophilized powder for injection, for intravenous administration.

Each multiple-dose vial of Ogivri delivers 420 mg trastuzumab-dkst, 322.6 mg D-sorbitol, 6.0 mg L-Histidine, 9.4 mg L-Histidine hydrochloride monohydrate and 94.1 mg Polyethylene glycol 3350/Macrogol 3350. Reconstitution with 20 mL of the appropriate diluent (BWFI or SWFI) yields a solution containing 21 mg/mL trastuzumab-dkst that delivers 20 mL (420 mg trastuzumab-dkst), at a pH of approximately 6. If Ogivri is reconstituted with SWFI without preservative, the reconstituted solution is considered single-dose.

SoCalGal 12-25-2017 03:51 PM

Thank you Lani. I’ve got to get desensitized.
Happy holidays!!
Xx