HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   6 year Cancerversary!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40839)

micheleu 08-22-2009 09:41 PM

6 year Cancerversary!!

Wow, I can't believe it...6 years! It seems like i was just on this site finding out that I wasn't alone in the fight against HER2 postive breast cancer! I'll never forget how "different" the dr's made me feel when they told me I had a very "rare" type of cancer. Then i got on line and found out unfortunatley i was not that alone after all. Having 35 postive nodes I thought for sure it would come right back. Now Herceptin has changed that for a lot of us. I'm so thankful I had this site to come to for answers. I met my "soul friend" on this site while starting treatment! (Love you Audrey!) Thanks Joe and Christine for the hard work you put into this site....

Chelee 08-23-2009 01:18 AM

Re: 6 year Cancerversary!!

Hi Michele, Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on being 6 yrs out. Yeah! That's fantastic and gives the newly dx so much hope.

I know I've said this before...but I'll say it again. When I was 1st dx with Her2...I was in a total panic especially with my doom & gloom onc. He acted like I'd be lucky if I made it a yr. (Seriously.)

Then I got online & started searching. Thank the good Lord for this wonderful board Christine & Joe started...it was a true God send to me. Then I will never forget reading yours & also Audrey's signatures and I finally had some hope!!! You are a true inspriation and I am so thankful that you take the time to post once in a while so others that were in my position see they too can make it. As you said...it is so nice to come here and find out your NOT alone. (Hope you had a wonderful Cancerversary!)

Always in my thoughts & prayers!

Chelee

hermiracles 08-23-2009 07:30 AM

Congratulations Michele!
Blessings
Hermiracles

Sandra in GA 08-23-2009 08:30 AM

You give me SO much hope since I had 21/21 positive nodes and I am 1 year from my diagnosis. Thank you for the inspiration!

Sandra

freyja 08-23-2009 08:47 AM

Congratulations! Thank you for being such a helpful and inspirational member of the group.

Audrey 08-23-2009 09:05 AM

Congratulations, Michele! I'm so happy for your continued good health--you've been such a blessing to this site and to me personally by sharing your struggles and informed support. Can't believe we've come this far--I remember the early days on the Herceptin clinical trial, filled with tears, gloom and doom and wondering how our little girls would manage without us... Hope you celebrate this anniversary by breaking out some champagne and doing something special for yourself-you deserve it!!!!!

Mary Anne in TX 08-23-2009 11:03 AM

Believin' for many, many more years of NED for you. Keep on sharing! ma

rinaina 08-23-2009 12:29 PM

Wow, 6 years! Congratulations and keep those NED years coming.

suzan w 08-23-2009 05:47 PM

Yahoo Michele...and you look great too!!! xo Suzan

Mary Jo 08-23-2009 07:12 PM

Hi Michele.....You bring hope to all of us. I'm always amazed at your story - 35 positive nodes and you are NED 6 years later. http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif Thanks for coming back here to remind us. You bring hope to all of us.

Love and continued good health I pray for you...

Mary Jo

Jaimieh 08-23-2009 07:41 PM

Michele~ You are truely an inspiration. I must tell you I passed on your story to someone that had recently found out that they had 9/9 positive nodes and she was ready to throw in the towel. I let her know that it is possible that the beast will not come back.

I wish you many, many more cancerversaries...

schoolteacher 08-24-2009 04:43 AM

Michele,

Thanks for posting. You give me Hope. God Bless You. How is your lymphedema?

Amelia

Sheila 08-24-2009 05:51 AM

Michele
Congrats on 6 years...what a day to celebrate....may you be blessed with many many more!

janieR 08-24-2009 10:51 AM

Many, many congratulations.

You give me so much hope.

I wish you many more happy anniversaries.

Janie

caya 08-24-2009 07:22 PM

Big congrats to you Michele on being 6 (count'em 6) years out - and with 35 positive nodes yet- all I can say is WOW - so much hope for all of us.

all the best
caya

tricia keegan 08-25-2009 01:03 AM

Michele, your thread is inspiring to many of us and I just want to add my congratulations to all the other's you've received:)

Laurel 08-25-2009 08:17 PM

Thank you, Michele, and a heartfelt congratulations! Your post inspires us all to hope and hope some more. Thanks.

lexigirl 08-25-2009 09:34 PM

That is such encouraging news Michele!! I am so pleased that you are doing so well 6 years out. That is awesome! You were a real inspiration to me when I was diagnosed. I am thankful that you are well.

Hugs,
Lexi

juanita 08-26-2009 06:30 AM

congratulations!

TriciaK 08-26-2009 08:35 AM

Wonderful news, Michele! What a ride you have had! It is so good to hear good news such as yours, not just six years and still NED, but that you have overcome so much! We are sharing your joy and are so grateful for every day the Beast is held at bay! Hugs, TriciaK