HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   update from here (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39468)

juanita 05-19-2009 03:54 PM

update from here

nothing is wrong with me, don't worry. just wanted to let you know that after 13 years in the same job i've decided i can't work with my co-workers anymore and i'm leaving my job at the end of the school year. cancer taught me many things and one of them is that life is toooo short to deal with people with such negative attitudes. don't have another job lined up yet but i'm looking and there's nothing wrong with flipping burgers. i will miss all of the kids, they are why i've stayed this year and not walked out many days. so please cross your fingers for me that i can find a job soon!

Mary Anne in TX 05-19-2009 04:31 PM

I totally understand! Taught for 7 years. Loved the kids totally! The negativity finally got to me too. I think that's why I so appreciate the teachers my granddaughter has....I couldn't do it!
I'll be prayin' for a super opportunity to zap you soon! ma

Shobha 05-19-2009 05:37 PM

I can totally understand how difficult when people around you are negative. The bad vibes just consume us.
Praying that you find a exciting new job and are filled with good natured happy people!

hugs,
shobha

Mary Jo 05-19-2009 06:26 PM

Good for you Juanita. It takes guts to do what you did. You'll find a job......with an attitude like yours there's not a doubt in my mind. It sounds like you're not afraid to do what you gotta do.....so go out and find it.

Good Luck and God Bless you....

Mary Jo

Paty 05-19-2009 06:36 PM

Juanita,

Congratulations on being brave and taking the decision on doing what you really want to do. Do not worry, there is always something we can do out there and fill our life meaningfully. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and for all the ones that are looking for a job. Best regards, and enjoy life to the fulllest.

Paty

caya 05-19-2009 06:58 PM

Juanita,

You are so right that cancer has opened our eyes to many things - You will find a job, I have no doubt. The stress of working with those negative people is not good for you. Keep us posted on the job search.

all the best
caya

sassy 05-19-2009 08:02 PM

Good for you Juanita! I'm sure that the door that opens will lead to a better situation.

Bill 05-19-2009 08:48 PM

Way to go, Juanita! You'll find all sorts of doors opening if you look. I'm glad you've chosen to get away from all of that negative energy.

Believe51 05-19-2009 10:11 PM

Are you sure nothing is wrong with you (wink)?? Kidding of course since I am just as crazy as you.

Good for you for realizing life is too short. I have gotten rid of all the trash in my life and I feel 'cleansed' and strong. My life is pure and wonderful since doing this, but it has been a lifetime in the making.

I wish you luck in the job search and I so understand that any job is fine as long as you are happy. Here is to your happiness Sweetheart and to applying more positives where the negatives were!>>Believe51

jones7676 05-20-2009 01:54 AM

Wonderful decision...I hope you find something you enjoy soon. I also know that sometimes you have to take a "filler" job until you find the one you really enjoy, but at least you get rid of the one that doesn't "agree" with youl]

Of course I wish you luck and hope you get it on the first try!

WAY TO GO!

WomanofSteel 05-20-2009 07:03 AM

Juanita, I don't blame you. The best thing I ever did was leave my job. We have enough drama in our lives without these petty people.

Lien 05-20-2009 07:26 AM

Good for you! I've quit jobs and changed careers several times. Every time, I found something better. My work is my hobby and even if I won the lottery, I would keep working. Maybe not as much, but still. I'm sure there's something better ahead for you. Focus on what you want from a job and you will find it.

G'luck!

Jacqueline

chrisy 05-20-2009 11:45 AM

Juanita,
I admire your decision to leave the energy vampires behind. Life is indeed too short. I feel that a new opportunity will open up more positive things...

Well done!

Joan M 05-20-2009 07:54 PM

Juanita,

Go for it.

I can imagine just how negative your co-workers must have been for you to up and quit.

... And it's their loss.

You're in my prayers for a better opportunity.

Joan