HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hi from madubois63 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38258)

madubois63 03-04-2009 03:21 PM

Hi from madubois63

I am already being kicked off the computer, so I have to make this quick. I am truly sorry I haven't posted in such a long time, but I was really sick (not cancer) and then I got depressed (winter blues/cancer stress) and then I got bombarded with taxes (besides my own, I do my moms and the kids), then there was my daughter's college applications and visits, financial aid stuff and scholarships. My son is transferring and there was tons of stuff to do there. And of course this is all besides my own bills and medical stuff. Anyway I am in the middle of restaging. I've had a brain MRI, echo cardiogram and a MUGA. I still have to get a PET/CAT and a bone scan. I don't have any results yet, but hopefully I can claim NED once again. My liver is getting better everyday. The feratin test was over 21,000 in the spring when I was in liver failure. I've been getting phlebotomy almost every week since, taking steroids and have reduced my iron intake. They origianlly told me it might take a year and a half to two years to get it back to normal. At last check I am down to 4,000. It's still very high (they want me somewhere around 100), but it's been less than a year and we are all very happy with my progress. The steroids have been reduced to 15 mg a day (I started at 170 mg).

I have a new motherboard for the computer on order and hope to be back on line without being rushed very soon. Love you all - think of you often and feel very guitly for not posting sooner!!!

chrisy 03-04-2009 04:14 PM

Maryann,

How dare your computer mess up! Cancer knows better than to mess with you, it's time to put that motherboard on notice too. You got so much going on girl, I don't know how anybody could possibly keep up with you!

But I know where you can get a pedometer...

Glad to hear you're feeling better and continuing to overcome all that stuff.

Take care!

StephN 03-04-2009 05:20 PM

Thanks for giving us a "shout." Yes, Dear Maryann you always have much to be responsible for and that is actually one big reason WHY we worry about you.

Just knowing you are living large and that the healing is happening at the same time gives inspiration to many.

Big hugs coming your way.

WomanofSteel 03-04-2009 05:40 PM

Glad to hear all is well. I figured it would be. I know you are a busy gal and as I just started the college hunt with my daughter I don't envy you. It is not something I am looking forward to doing, but a necessary evil LOL. Good luck in you search and stay well.

RhondaH 03-04-2009 06:13 PM

Glad to hear things are going well Maryann...

AND you look GREAT!!!! Take care and God bless.

Jackie07 03-04-2009 06:35 PM

Agree, that is one charming picture you got there.

And I love the statement: "My liver is getting better everyday."

Hope your computer will 'recover' soon so we can hear (read) from you more often.

sassy 03-04-2009 07:48 PM

Maryann,

What a wonderful picture! You look like your liver is getting better every day!

Going through the college app and scholarship thing too. We should earn a degree just getting our kids to college!

Take care and good luck with all your tasks.

Jean 03-04-2009 08:51 PM

Maryann,
Reading your posts always make me smile and let out a wow....you sure are one busy lady. Happy to read your great updated news.

Thank goodness the college years go fast, it may not seem like it right now, but trust me before you know it
your daughter will be graduating. For some reason I found the 4 yrs. of college goes so much faster than the 4 yrs. of H.S.

Taxes...ugh, I have not even started dealing with them yet.

Take Care,
Best Wishes,
Jean

harrie 03-04-2009 11:52 PM

MA....
You sure do sound the same....busy, busy busy!!!
Love your new pic!
Good to hear from you too.
MA

sarah 03-05-2009 01:01 AM

Thanks for the update, I know we all love to read your posts.
As usual, you seem to be overwhelmed with things. Sorry you've had the blues but with so many stressful things to do and the fact it's gloomy winter time, it's to be expected.
Take a deep breath and tell your kids it's time for them to look after you.
hugs and love
sarah

schoolteacher 03-05-2009 06:00 AM

Maryann,

Glad to hear from you. I ask Stephanie Friday if she had heard from you.

Amelia

Soccermom 03-05-2009 07:44 AM

Maryanne,
Spring is going to be sprung here shortly...I promise it will banish those blues!
Good to see you and LOVE the picture!
Marcia

Shobha 03-05-2009 11:44 AM

Wow Maryann! Just reading your profile, I can tell how brave and strong you are...to carry on your resposibilities in spite of your health is just amazing. I am sure there is no motivation greater than your children! May God bless you and take you to NED status quickly!

tricia keegan 03-05-2009 11:53 AM

Love the new pic Maryanne, you look fantastic!
Good to hear you're busy but keeping well:)

Paty 03-05-2009 07:05 PM

Hi sweetie,

You look amazing!! Great to hear once again from you.

Paty

ElaineM 03-05-2009 09:28 PM

Hi from madubois63

It is really great to hear from you !!

madubois63 03-06-2009 02:27 AM

Got the brain MRI and echo cardiogram results yesterday. I love having an empty head and all is good with my heart!!! The only thing is a sinus infection, but that is no biggie - yeah! Now I have to do the bone and PET scans...

Ellie F 03-06-2009 05:15 AM

Just brilliant! What else can I say. love Ellie

Lien 03-06-2009 05:17 AM

Great news.

So when do you breathe? Or sleep?

Love

Jacqueline

harrie 03-06-2009 10:30 AM

Hurray Maryann!!!! Outstanding news!! Now you can enjoy filling that head and heart of yours with peace, love and much gratitude!!