HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Trying to move on (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52571)

Elizabethtx 12-19-2011 07:38 PM

Trying to move on

Hi everyone!
I have been absent for awhile, trying to get on with life. I started the Her2 vaccine trial in San Antonio and had my 3rd vaccine today. So far so good! I have had very little side effects. I get the achy, bone pain the day of injection, but when I wake up the next day all is normal. I definitely recommend it for anyone who is considering the trial. It requires two days once a month. Not too bad!
I am having my first scans since completing treatment tomorrow and am feeling the butterfly sensation in my stomach! I know you all understand.
Moved to a new grade level in school this year, which has been overwhelming, I thought it would be a good distraction. Not sure it has worked out that way. Instead I feel a high level of stress which is not good for me! Just want to be able to move on to a comfortable place as a survivor.
Just wanted to update you on the trial. Hugs to everyone!
Elizabeth

tricia keegan 12-20-2011 03:37 PM

Re: Trying to move on

Thank you Elizabeth and well done to you on taking part in this trial, good luck tomorrow and really hope you get good results:)

dawny 12-20-2011 04:38 PM

Thanks for letting us know how you are going Elizabeth, and thank you for going on the trial, it benefits all of us. Good luck!

Dawn

StephN 12-20-2011 07:53 PM

Congrats on the vaccine trial. I had my third and last dose of vaccine today here in Seattle. Hope this approach will do good things for both of us!

Keep looking ahead and this will all get behind you. All the best for a nice holiday with some time off to decompress.

Sheila 12-22-2011 06:08 AM

Elizabeth...thanks for the update and being a pioneer in the trial...hoping it makes a huge difference for you and others. Have a wonderful Christmas!

'lizbeth 12-22-2011 09:17 AM

Oh, lucky you! I'm in the GP2 arm of the same trial. In fact I just came back from BAMC San Antonio on Tuesday.

I have 1 last booster shot to go next Summer.

This last injection I got a huge internal response. Fatigue, aches & pains, cough, etc. I had been around a couple teachers that had bad colds and I'm wondering if it was the timing. I was catching a cold and got the injection - my amped up immune system went to battle.

I barrage my nurses with questions every time and am happy to find more and more vaccine trial options available. If memory serves me correctly they enrolled the first patient into the phase 3 portion of this trial over a month ago. There is also another vaccine trial for women who are less expressed on Her2.

So let me just add my thanks to you ElizabethTX for joining this vaccine trial. Together we can make a difference in the quantity and quality of life for future cancer survivors.

'lizbeth

Elizabethtx 12-22-2011 04:03 PM

Well Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas to me! The nurse just called and all my scans are clear! It has been 6 months since I finished treatments (except Tamoxifen) so I feel like I have been given the best Christmas present ever! Thank you for all your warm wishes, may you find the same peace and NED soon!

krisvell 12-24-2011 10:26 AM

Elizabeth;
Congrats. I am so happy for you. Happy Holidays! What a wonderful present. May you be forever NED.

Kris...