HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cancer 'n Me (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67073)

KatherineM 05-23-2018 10:42 AM

Re: Cancer 'n Me

I am sending you lots of positive anti-gummy bear energy. I'm sort of in a similar boat. Lung mets were smaller on last scan (March), and my cough and shortness of breath were gone, but now, cough is back. So, the question is, if Haloven and Tykerb are working on my brain mets, but not working for lung mets anymore, then what can be done? I have a bunch of small nodes in my lungs, so radiation is not an option.

Anyway, Flori, this is all to say that I am with you, and will send especially strong positive energy on the 30th. It is strange how quickly certain aspects of this become routine; you simply learn to live with it--until the next shoe drops. Then, it's either the end of the world, or we adapt.

Love and tidings to all my HER2 sisters!

Katherine

Cathya 05-23-2018 01:42 PM

Katherine;

ASCO begins June 1st. I hope there's lots of news and information on what options you might have.

Cathy

Laurel 05-29-2018 12:37 PM

Flori,

I saw on Cool Breeze's thread where you told Ann you are no longer on Kadcyla. I forgot that! Sorry! I think your mohel stabby-thing is tomorrow, so wishing you good fortune and a quickie, no-pain, no-drool, no-FEAR experience that gives you some welcomed and much needed answers.

I did not realize that you are not on any anti-HER2 protocols presently. Is that correct? No wonder you feel anxious and nervous. Could it really be that your gummy bear is no longer Her2+???? Should we hope it is ER+ ???

Thinking of you, kiddo.

SoCalGal 05-30-2018 01:48 PM

Quick update - home from Bronchoscopy. Doc said it went well. Throat pretty sore but other than that I’m okay. In bed drinking throat coat tea and honey. Feeling grateful and not hateful for a change. Will update when my thinking cap is on. Xxxxxxx❤️❤️❤️❤️

Carol Ann 05-30-2018 01:57 PM

Oh so glad that's OVER with!! And that it went well. Such a huge hurdle to get over.

Thanks so much for posting ... rest and rest and rest some more now!

<3<3<3

Carol Ann

Laurel 05-30-2018 02:38 PM

Whew! Happy to hear it is over with and that it wasn't a horror. I echo Carol Ann, rest. You've earned it.

Cathya 05-30-2018 08:23 PM

Such a relief for you that it's over! So happy. I'm so looking forward to hearing about the results and if there's any changes to your pathology. I've been doing so much reading and researching reports posted all over the place. It's an exciting time for us and ASCO should offer lots of hope. Thinking of you. Get a good rest.

Cathy

Posts 05-31-2018 03:02 PM

Flori, Flori, Morning Glory, just saw your post and sending positive thoughts for good news. Rest and take care of you.

Sassy

Catherine 06-02-2018 01:56 PM

Flori, what’s a girl to do? Your humor is good for all of us! As, Pam says, so is breathing! Sending love and support!

Melissa 06-03-2018 08:20 PM

You're such an amazing person! I can count on you to show such good spirit and give cancer hell!
Thanks for all you inspiration -

StephN 06-11-2018 07:20 PM

Oh gosh! Been away for a few weeks and working on catching up here. You have always been a great advocate for yourself and good at finding ways forward through a very thick forest.
Nice to know the "lung stab" procedure is behind you. How long does the Foundation One report take? More waiting equals The Pits! Wish I could add something helpful, but your current situation is new territory to me.

So I will send wishes for peaceful thoughts along with gentle hugs.

SoCalGal 06-16-2018 10:03 PM

Hospital path of lung biopsy shows metastatic breast cancer, ER/PR Neg and HER2 positive. So, same old same old. Proliferation rate is high at 70%. Last rate was 24% but that was from 2002. Kadcyla did not do the trick for me.
FOUNDATION ONE results due by 6/20. I'm going to see Dr Pegram up at Stanford Women's Cancer Center on 6/27 and pray he helps me hatch a plan.

I've suddenly had lymphedema to my left arm, some WEIRD skin sensitivity and edema to my right breast (no mets there) plus random edema everywhere I have a surgical scar from reconstruction back in '02/'03. And tonight I have a tiny blister, so I'm thinking shingles or skin mets?!

Stay tuned, it's NEVER a dull minutesville over here.
Sigh...
Flori

Lucy 06-17-2018 06:45 AM

I'm sorry it wasn't better news but hopefully you can find a treatment plan that will work going forward. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.

Carol Ann 06-17-2018 12:00 PM

Oh Flori so sorry it wasn't better news. Praying your doc can help you plan an attack that will send the beast back to sleep.

Carol Ann

Laurel 06-17-2018 04:13 PM

Bummed about this news, Flori. I hope Stanford has some ideas and you will have a new plan in place asap. I am praying and in your corner!

StephN 06-17-2018 05:49 PM

Looks like a good plan to see the very smart Dr. Pegram. So happy you could get an appointment. He is a HER2 rock star.

Don't know what to say about the strange skin stuff. Hope it is just a case of something like hives, and will resolve easily.

Cathya 06-18-2018 06:31 AM

Flori;

I emailed you. Having your Foundation One results to discuss with Dr. Pegram is fantastic. Have you seen him before? Plus knowing absolutely the results of your biopsy confirms exactly what you are dealing with. All of this should result in a plan for you going forward. The waiting is so hard.....worrisome and stressful I know but your appointments are coming soon. We're all thinking of you.

God bless

Cathy

KatherineM 06-20-2018 09:19 AM

Flori - Good the procedure is behind you! Sorry to hear about lungs. Will your insurance cover Foundation One testing? Mine (BCBS) didn't. Went through two appeals, and now an independent review. As if being ill wasn't enough!

I am always happy to hear from you! My lung and brain mets are stable so far, on Haloven and Tykerb. I'm getting more numbness in my feet and hands, and now on the front side of my shins. Weird!

Much love to you, and to all of the women here!

Cathya 07-25-2018 10:49 AM

Flori;

It's been a while since you posted and I'm wondering what decision you made re: treatment and how you are doing?

Best wishes,

Cathy

Laurel 07-26-2018 04:34 PM

Been keeping an eye out for an update from you, too, Flori. Praying you got a new direction and plan.