HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Leave of absence :) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47599)

Jackie07 11-12-2010 10:24 PM

Leave of absence :)

As the cranial pressure continues to increase due to the tumor (Central Neurocytomas - unrelated to BC) growth near the Third Ventricle, I will take a 'leave of absence' from this wonderful community.

Not that I thought anybody might notice my 'disappearance'... :)

I'm seeing the radiation oncologist on the 23rd, two days before Thanksgiving. The hospital acquired a Novalis Tx (a LINAC) in June and I'm pretty sure that's the new toy I'm going to try out.

So here's my early 'Happy Thanksgiving', 'Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year' (Including 'Chinese New Year' in early Feburary :)

"I shall return!"

StephN 11-12-2010 10:29 PM

Re: Leave of absence :)

Dear Jackie -
So sorry to hear that you have another (older and recurrent) health condition to deal with in the coming weeks.

Please keep us updated after your rad onc visit on the 23rd. You are a valued member of this site and post some very helpful information.

Wishing you all the best for an excellent outcome of the next treatment. If you should find yourself up in the middle of the night due to being wired from steroids, give us a shout!

Paty 11-12-2010 10:47 PM

We will be waiting to hear back from you, and I will be praying that you come back soon. My prayers are with you hoping that your health condition will soon improve. Best wishes,

Paty

michka 11-13-2010 01:40 AM

Dear Jackie. I am so sorry you have to take care of that again on top of BC. I will be thinking of you and waiting for your posts. Sending strength and hugs. Michka

Mary Jo 11-13-2010 05:36 AM

Hi Jackie,

I hope all turns out well with your "issue" that is NOT cancer. That alone makes it "well," right?

Take care and look forward to your "I'm back" post!

Love and prayers,

Mary Jo

Pam P 11-13-2010 05:45 AM

Jackie - You are a valued part of this community. Your posts will be missed while you are taking your leave. You will be in all of our thoughts and prayers as you see the radiologist and tackle this treatment to relieve this pressure. May it be a great success in resolving the issues. Hurry back to this site as soon as you can. Pam

whatz 11-13-2010 05:49 AM

What do you mean we would not "notice your disappearance"...of course we would. Thanks for letting us know in advance. Good luck with the procedure and update us as soon as you can.

ammebarb 11-13-2010 06:28 AM

I'll be thinking of you as you do the required treatment---one that gets you back to us as soon as possible. Wishing you the very best...and hope to see you soon!

Barb A.

KirisMum 11-13-2010 07:08 AM

Jackie, I'll miss you! You were one of the first to comment on my posts and private message me, and I was grateful for your kindness and advice. Please try to keep us posted somehow. I will worry about you.
Sending hugs, love, and prayers for healing.

Jean 11-13-2010 08:15 AM

Jackie,
I will miss your posts!!!!
I will also be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Here is my early Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year
and Chinese New Year love and good wishes back to you.

Return fast...as you are greatly appreciated and loved.
(leave it to you to know about the Chinese New Year)!!!

Jean

KitCat 11-13-2010 08:22 AM

Jackie,

Your posts and many words of wisdom will surley not go unnoticed. I wish you best of health and hope that all goes well. Look forward to hearing from you again soon. Take care.

Emelie B 11-13-2010 09:31 AM

Of course your absence would be noticed by all of us. I know for sure your knowledge and support is valued by us all and we look forward to your return.
I hope everything goes well, and that you are feeling better and you can enjoy the upcoming holidays.
Best regards and well wishes for a terrific outcome,
Emelie

LoisLane 11-13-2010 09:54 AM

Hi Jackie Will be thinking of you. You seem like a very strong women and will continue to fight these medical problems. I always love reading your posts, you were also one of the first people to welcome me warmly to this site. You take care of yourself and we will hear from you when you are ready to return.
Wishing you are wonderful holiday season and "gung hay fat choy" Love Lois

Kim in DC 11-13-2010 10:41 AM

Good Luck Jackie! Happy Thanksgiving!

Kim

ElaineM 11-13-2010 11:11 AM

First let me say that we will miss you during your leave of absence. Is there somebody you can ask to let us know how you are doing during your leave?
I do want to wish you all the best. I hope everything goes well. I will certainly keep my fingers and toes crossed for you as you start on another health care adventure. Take good care of yourself, hang in there and keep putting one foot in front of the other at all times. Every step we take gets us closer to our goals of better health.

Patb 11-13-2010 11:40 AM

Wishing you the best and will be thinking of you
as you go through treatment.
patb

Delaney 11-13-2010 01:22 PM

Wishing you all the best as you go through treatment. I value all your posts, you have been incredibly helpful to a lot of us here. Come back soon. Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

karen z 11-13-2010 03:49 PM

Dear Jackie,
You will be very missed during your leave of absence and we can't wait for your return!! Take care and we will catch you later.

Ceesun 11-13-2010 04:34 PM

Jackie, You are a shining example of courage and strength....you will get through this, as you teach us all how to keep going onward. Take the time you need for yourself. In friendship, Ceesun

das 11-13-2010 04:53 PM

Best Wishes to you for a speedy recovery!!