HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sad News (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33385)

Hopeful 04-05-2008 03:25 PM

Sad News

I am very sad to report that my dear mother of 92 years passed away today following a catastrophic stroke she suffered on Wednesday afternoon. There was never any hope that she would have awakened or recovered in any meaningful way. We withdrew life support from her yesterday around 2:00 p.m. She literally slept away, very peacefully. My SO and I were with her at the time.

She was a very active and independent person who lived alone in her own home and still did all her own cooking and cleaning. She never learned to drive, and liked to walk places. She never missed her Friday hair appointment.

She had no serious illness outside of hypertension, and had not been in a hospital as a patient since she had me when she was 38 years old. We spoke every day and I saw her at least once a week. I am an only child and she was my last living immediate family.

This has been a terrible shock, not just to me, but to all who knew her. She will be very much missed.

Hopeful

Jackie07 04-05-2008 03:37 PM

I am sorry to hear your Mother's passing. We'll be praying for you.

BonnieR 04-05-2008 03:43 PM

I am sad to hear your news. But she sounds to have lived a wonderful life and you were blessed to have shared it with her all these years.

Mary Anne in TX 04-05-2008 04:04 PM

Oh, Hopeful, what a tragic, yet glorious loss. She must have be a spectacular person. No wonder you are who you are. What strength and independence. What an example for us. The bar has surely been raised for all. I'm so sorry for your loss and wish you some peace as it might come. Love to you, ma

Patty F 04-05-2008 05:08 PM

I am very sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. She sounds like she was an amazing woman.

Becky 04-05-2008 05:19 PM

Dear Hopeful
]
I am very sorry about the loss of your dear Mother. Mothers are such a wonderful thing. They are the most special person in your life.

I am thinking about you. Stay strong.

Love, Becky

kareneg 04-05-2008 05:36 PM

Dear Hopeful,
My heart and prayers go out to you I am so very sorry for the lose of your Mom.

Karen W 04-05-2008 05:50 PM

I am so very sorry to hear about your mother.

Prayers, hugs and strength being sent to you and your family.

Karen

Christine 04-05-2008 05:52 PM

Hopeful,
On behalf of Joe, myself and the HER2 Support Group Board of Directors, we send our sincere condolences.

Hugs
Christine and Joe

Faith in Him 04-05-2008 06:13 PM

Hopeful,

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Hugs
Tonya

ita 04-05-2008 06:20 PM

Hopeful,

I too speak to my mother every day, even if it's for just a minute to say hi. No matter how old we are we always need our mothers. No one can give us that truly unconditional love. I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Sincerely,

Ita

Mary Jo 04-05-2008 06:44 PM

Dear Hopeful,

My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your mother. She sounded as if she was a wonderful mother and you sound as if you were a wonderful daughter. What a blessing......

God's peace and comfort to you,

Mary Jo

Lolly 04-05-2008 06:51 PM

Hopeful,
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear mother. I lost my mom almost 3 years ago, and although time has helped heal the shock, I still miss her everyday. I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

<3 Lolly

juanita 04-05-2008 07:33 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. My thoughts and paryers are with you!

Bill 04-05-2008 07:42 PM

Hopeful, I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your mother. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know, at this time, that mere words might not help much, but it sounds like your mom led a full life and was a proud, strong woman and blessed to have you for a daughter. Bill

rinaina 04-05-2008 08:09 PM

Hopeful, please accept my most sincere condolences and may you find comfort in those around you. How blessed you were to have so many years with your mom, however, no matter how old a loved one is, we are never ready to lose them.
Rina

TSund 04-05-2008 08:30 PM

THinking of you Hopeful...

Terri

Jean 04-05-2008 10:03 PM

Dear Hopeful,
This is very sad news...I am deeply sorry for your huge loss.

Kind Regards,
jean

mcgle 04-05-2008 11:45 PM

Hopeful

I hope the above messages of support at this difficult time will make things a bit easier as you come to terms with your loss.

Mcgle (UK)

Joan M 04-06-2008 05:27 AM

Hopeful,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. May God comfort you and your family at this time.

Joan