HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Has anyone heard from Michele U? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31914)

RhondaH 12-28-2007 10:09 AM

Has anyone heard from Michele U?

Her last activity was 09-14-2007 and I'm concerned as she was a regular poster.

Rhonda

Mary Anne in TX 12-28-2007 10:50 AM

Thanks Rhonda. I've worried about Michelle U also. She was having some trouble with the Tykerb I believe! Surely would like to hear from her or how she is. ma

StephN 12-28-2007 12:01 PM

She posted ...

... or visited on 12/17 as micheleu (with no space before the "u"). Looks like she had to reregister a couple of times changing her name slightly.

I am sure she is busy with her 3 kids on school holiday. They also had some severe weather in Nebraska and may have been without power for a while.

Seems to me her last post was wondering how long she should try to stay on the Tykerb.

Audrey 12-28-2007 02:48 PM

I spoke with Michele recently and she's doing fine--she stopped the Tykerb for now, as I recall. She's busy with the holidays and her family, but we are planning to meet up at the Young Survivors Coalition conference in Jacksonville, FL in Feb. Should be interesting and informative, I'm looking foward to the session on "getting your groove back" after bc...I'll send her an e-mail that she should check in with her Her2 family. For anyone else interested in attending this conference, check out the organization's website. I believe it's open to all bc survivors 45 and under/caregivers/medical personnel...

Chelee 12-28-2007 03:46 PM

I'm glad this came up...I have had Michelle on my mind the last few days wondering how she was doing? I remembered she was thinking of going off the Tykerb...but didn't know if she did. So thanks Audrey for the update and letting us all know she is ok.

I'd love to attend that conference....but I think I better start working on getting me a *new* ID. (One that says I'm under 50.) ;)

Chelee

micheleu 12-29-2007 12:00 AM

Thanks for thinking of me!!!! I have been busy. My son was in a wedding tonight. I can't believe he is geting so big! I am fine. Really fine. I went off the tykerb for now. Partly due to insurance reasons, my husbands insurance changed. It really is a aweful thing that other people have that control over your life. Our deductible went up to 5,000$. I can't afford to get my tykerb any more. My other insurance was paying 80% and a company was picking up the rest. I do have one month stashed away. I hope everyone had a great holiday.

Mary Jo 12-29-2007 06:03 AM

Thanks for checking in with us Michele. Glad you are busy with family and "doing well."

Yes, you are right about "other people having control over your life" being wrong. It is SOOOO wrong and something that needs serious changes in this country.

Praying peace, love and God's Hand of healing to you dear one.

Mary Jo

Rozebud 12-29-2007 12:25 PM

Good to "hear" from you too Michelle! I still think of you often.