HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Do any one have mets to the lung? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27093)

Rendi69CA 02-19-2007 10:45 AM

Do any one have mets to the lung?

I have mets to my right lung. I have had 5 thoracentesis done. My last two was bloody. I am wondering if any one had bloody fluid and what did your doctor tell you?

TriciaK 02-19-2007 07:05 PM

I had lung mets in 2004 and herceptin seems to have controlled them. I had two PETs that were NED. The last one I just had a few weeks ago showed something worrisome, but I have moved and have a new oncologist so think he is just being careful. He had me do a bronchoscopy last week, and I hope to have the results to post this week. I also had thorocentesis with some blood, but only one time. THey are not fun but getting rid of all the fluid helps. Hope you are doing better. You will probably hear from lots of others with experience in this. And keep in touch, because this is the place not only for info but for a lot of caring and concern and prayers! Hugs, Tricia

Andi 02-20-2007 09:58 AM

I had a pleural effusion to my left lung last December. I had thorascopic surgery. They found 2 small lesions in my pleural cavity. They performed a talc pleurodesis to close the space where my fluid was collecting. I had a drainage tube for several days after my surgery until things began to heal. When they tested the tissue, they found I was no longer hormone positive but was still Her2 ++. I began weekly infusions of Navelbine and Herceptin January 4. I had a one month check and it showed my lungs were clearing and my blood tests looked ok, too. Last week when I went in for my weekly infusion, my leukocytes were low and they reduced the amount of Navelbine. I have been feeling pretty good with this course of treatment and hope that I continue to respond to it. I no longer have any shortness of breath, even with some exertions. I was told there are many different things that can be used and if you are hormone positive, it is my understanding that is one of the first tools that they use. Good luck to you in your treatment and keep us posted.

Rendi69CA 02-20-2007 07:26 PM

Thank you Ladies. I was told by my doctor that the cancer is eatting up the lining of my lung. I was wondering if any one was having the same as me and what they doctor told them.

StephN 02-20-2007 11:37 PM

Dear Rendi -

So sorry that you keep having this problem with your lungs. This seems like a new turn of events. I notice you added mets to liver at the bottom of your signature. What treatment are you getting for this?? Anything new?

I have not had anything with my lungs - but my liver mets were treated with taxol and Navelbine.

Can you try another targeted drug like Avastin, which works in sync well with Herceptin? Praying for some GOOD news for you soon.

astrid 03-01-2007 06:36 AM

How did you all know that you had lung mets??

Andi 03-01-2007 11:05 AM

I had a dry cough that wouldn't go away and wouldn't respond to any over the counter treatments. A chest xray showed my left lower lung filled with fluid, which was causing the cough.

Kathy S in Tokyo 03-01-2007 04:42 PM

I have no symptoms, the oncologist just keeps finding more spots in my lungs and noticing growth of the spots with regular CT scans (with contrast). It's hard to believe he's showing me my own images.

Lolly 03-01-2007 06:40 PM

Rendi, have you had Navelbine with the Herceptin? Some of us have had very good response to this combo.

<3 Lolly