HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   2 years since diagnoses, 1 year since last treatment (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64447)

Nurse4u2day 01-24-2016 03:37 PM

2 years since diagnoses, 1 year since last treatment

Hello Ladies,
Just wanted to touch bases and say I'm still around. I don't post much these days but continue to follow the group. My update: as of yesterday I am one year from last Herceptin tx and just over a year and a half of NED.. I'm still fighting with some general side effects of tx but in time it will be a thing of the past. In a few months I go in for what I hope is my final phase of breast reconstruction .
I truly just want to thank all you ladies and some gents for all the hope and prayers that I have received from you through the years. When I was first DX I was scared and I found it hard to believe that there was a tomorrow for me. I'm not foolish enough to think that I'm not at risk for recurrence but instead choose to live the life that is still there in front of me to live.
Best wishes to all
Tamara
Btw my hair is back long and thick once again :)

tricia keegan 01-24-2016 03:40 PM

Re: 2 years since diagnoses, 1 year since last treatment

Thanks for the update and glad you're doing well Tamara!

Carol Ann 01-24-2016 04:08 PM

Hi Tamara! So glad to hear you are doing well, I think of you often, thanks for posting!

Carol Ann

agness 01-24-2016 04:09 PM

Did you get a brain scan ever?

Congrats on your two years/one year anniversaries.

Nurse4u2day 01-24-2016 05:47 PM

Agness I did get the brain scan and other then some calcifications ( which I had prior to cancer ) my brain scan was all clear. Just 2 weeks ago they also did an ex ray of my back and coccyx area as I was having some pain there , it was all clear. The further away I get from my diagnoses the more mentally I'm able to move on with my life.

MaineRottweilers 01-25-2016 05:39 AM

Congratulations, Tamara! I am so pleased that you stopped in to let us know how well you are doing. Go, live, love enjoy! Stop in now and again and show off for us but Breast Cancer is NOT the end of the world. You are living proof. Much Love to you.

thinkpositive 01-25-2016 09:17 AM

Tamara,

So good to hear from you and even better that you are doing so well. I was diagnosed several months before you and I can relate to how you are feeling. We learn to live with the our past diagnosis but chose not to let it control our lives. Enjoy each and every day and don't forget to check in with your friends here every now and again!

Take care,
Brenda

agness 01-25-2016 01:08 PM

That is really great. If HER2 isn't in the brain within the first two years it tends to not be hiding there as the first site of mets. If you can get to three years, our disease is so aggressive, that your odds of having it come back are much less. By five years most HER2 with clear scans will be totally in the clear -- which is great.

I'm rooting for you and so glad your scans were clean. Yeah for each sister that can get out of this quagmire.

JillaryJill 01-25-2016 01:51 PM

Tamara,
Congrats on the 2 year mark. That is huge!! Read my signature. I was Stage 3c all with a million positive lymph nodes. I was sweating out those first 2 years also. I am now 5 years and counting!!!