HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pre-cancerous cells (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43516)

Jill 01-27-2010 10:28 AM

Pre-cancerous cells

I am 4 years post op, grade 3, Er/PR negative and HER2 positive ( of course !) Had radiotherapy, chemo and 12 months Herceptin and am generally feeling well. However, this week the nipple on my good breast started to bleed and my surgeon has suggested that it may be pre-cancerous. Just had a mammogram and ultrasound but having a biopsy next week just to check.
Has anyone had this experience? If so what might it mean??
Many thanks
Jill

Lien 01-27-2010 03:02 PM

Re: Pre-cancerous cells

I don't have any wisdom to offer. Just wanted you to know that I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I hope you get good results soon. The waiting game is so hard to take.

Hugs

Jacqueline

Jackie07 01-29-2010 07:44 PM

Jill,

I did a search on Medline with the subject 'bleeding nipple' and got the following result:

http://vsearch.nlm.nih.gov/vivisimo/...ipple&x=47&y=9

There are 60 results there. When I typed in "bleeding nipple and cancer", I got 37 results. There are 23 out of 60 articles dealing with bleeding nipple that are not related to cancer.

I think your surgeon made the statement because of your (our) breast cancer history. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

ElaineM 01-29-2010 09:14 PM

Getting a biopsy is the right thing to do. Sometimes very small things don't show up on ultra sounds, mamograms and other tests. Good luck. I hope everything goes well and you find out what is going on.

flynny 02-01-2010 10:15 PM

I had what is called "bloody nipple discharge" and from my understanding it is a huge sign that you have cancerous or pre-cancerous cells due to this situation.

An OB-GYN in the practice I go to saw me instead of my normal OB and it was not only red, but green and orange in color. She informed me that I had "fibrocystic breasts" and that I was lumpy in my breasts and that I should take 400 IU's 2x daily and it should help! shocking isn't it!

As you can see from my signature I definitely had invasive breast cancer, not just fibrocystic breasts!

Sending you good thoughts and hoping for the best!

Mary Anne in TX 02-02-2010 04:14 AM

Sending good vibes and thoughts your way for good results and fast action! ma

Karen Wheel 02-13-2010 11:22 AM

Sorry, don't have any advise on this - just will throw in my tips for beating cancer...

Books -
Beating Cancer with Nutrition - Patrick Quillin Phd, RD, CNS
Cancer Battle Plan Sourcebook - David Frahm

I'm doing a combined approach -hoping that this gives me another higher chance of not seeing cancer come back in my body again...
For more info - email me @ wheelistic@yahoo.com
;-) Karen

greenacres 02-14-2010 07:02 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you for good results on your tests.

flynny 02-14-2010 10:30 PM

Jill - any news? I hope all the tests went well and everything is good.

juanita 02-19-2010 10:11 AM

hope that everything went good!

ymryan 04-06-2010 07:03 AM

Hello Jill,

I am wondering how you are doing and how your tests went -- I hope you received great news! I have had an experience with bloody nipple discharge. In October 2009 (age 39), I started to notice a few brown spots in my bra and on my night shirts. After a week or so, I realized the spots were caused by bloody nipple discharge. My family physician ran blood tests and told me that I had a staph infection. I was put on an antibiotic. After a week on the antibiotic I insisted that I be referred for a mammogram (I wasn't seeing any improvements and the discharge seemed to be increasing). The mammogram detected microcalcifications and further tests (ultasound, double biopsy) confirmed I had breast cancer.