HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Diet and Nutrition (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Have You Used The Vitamix Blender? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55288)

KDR 07-26-2012 07:49 AM

Have You Used The Vitamix Blender?

I have seen two demonstrations at Whole Foods and the Vitamix Blender works like a little miracle as far as I can see. You can take whole fruits and vegetables, with the skins on, and make a creamy smooth health drink. I then looked online at the reviews and it looks like a "go" next time I see the rep selling it. Do you use it? Do you have any favorite recipes?
I watched the rep make brownies with coconut, agave, nuts and a few pieces of dark chocolate.
They push lime, which they have a motto for: "A sliver for your liver" each day.
Thanks for any input.
Karen

Rejoyce 07-26-2012 11:47 AM

Re: Have You Used The Vitamix Blender?

I love mine! I bought it at Costco when the vitamix man was there doing demonstrations. The good thing about purchasing at Costco is you get the vitamix warranty and Costco's. It comes with a big recipe book that has all kinds of recipes. I love making soup in it!

KDR 07-26-2012 12:46 PM

Great!
Since using it, do you feel better, or notice any changes for the better in your health?
Karen

Rejoyce 07-26-2012 01:56 PM

Having the vitamix helps me to eat more vegetables and fruit. I imagine that it has improved my health. I am also losing weight, trying to do everything I can to keep the cancer from coming back. I can't say I have noticed a difference in the way I feel, but the Armidex keeps me feeling terrible!

KDR 07-26-2012 02:48 PM

Thanks for responding. I'm getting one. I'll ask my friend who is a Costco member; I let my membership lapse when I no longer needed diapers or other things baby!
Karen

Rejoyce 07-26-2012 06:40 PM

Just remember that Costco sells a vitamix made especially for them. It is shorter than the one that is sold when the vitamix display is there. I don't think it would really matter though. The one made for Costco probably holds less.

Mandamoo 07-26-2012 07:18 PM

I have been thinking about this too. I juice and was looking at the thermomix but it is solo expensive. My friends who have them love them. The vitamin seems more reasonably priced.
Do you read Kris Carr's work?

Mandamoo 07-26-2012 07:21 PM

This is a link to an Australian chef I love and she is an advocate for Vitamix
Here is her latest post about making dairy free milks
http://www.thehealthychef.com/2012/07/dairy-free-milks/

Have a look through her site for other wonderful healthy options and recipes.

chrisy 07-26-2012 07:55 PM

Every day. I love it. I mostly make various kinds of smoothies. I have a juicer too, which I rarely use because I like the idea of getting the entire food including all the fiber.

I have made soups with it, or just use it to purée stuff, but for me the big deal is to make a smoothie which can be almost equivalent to a meal.

Occasionally I'll make a kinked, but most of the time they are yummy!

And that sucker is powerful - no worries about smoking it mixing up a batch of margaritas:)

Not that I drink those anymore:(

sdstarfish 08-13-2012 06:52 AM

I use mine every day too. I find that I have more energy when I do a veggie juice at least once a day.
Another cool thing about the Vitamix is that it comes with a dry blender, so you can make nut flours and nut butters. I'm really into pumpkinseed butter right now. I also can make almond butter at a much lower cost than buying it at the store.
Lisa
www.pinkkitchen.info