HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   A note to say HI (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40779)

fauxgypsy 08-17-2009 02:39 PM

A note to say HI

I haven't been on the boards for a while. I spoke with Joe recently and let him know what was going on. My DH was sick for a while, I think we are finally getting him sorted out. I just started teaching as a Biology Instructor at a community college. I have been busy trying to get prepared for that. Classes started Monday so I will be very busy for the time being. I hope you are all well and hope to get back on a more regular basis soon.
Leslie

vickie h 08-17-2009 07:43 PM

Re: A note to say HI

Good to hear from you, Leslie. I've missed your posts but I'm happy that you're busy with school!

StephN 08-17-2009 11:39 PM

Dear Leslie!

Been wondering where your "explorations" would lead. Just knew you were busy finding a way forward. And so glad to learn that it gets back to something else for which you like and are well qualified.
Good jobs are slim pickings these days, so a big HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS!

Also glad to know that hubby is getting on with mending.

schoolteacher 08-18-2009 04:20 AM

Leslie,

I was wondering about you last week. Congratulations on your teaching job.

Amelia

freyja 08-20-2009 08:18 AM

So glad to finally hear from you. I've been thinking about you. Best wishes to you and your husband. So good you're teaching again! I love it! Thought of you when I got my "cell death tour" shirt...hehe. Have a great first term. I am going back to school to finish my dance degree and start teaching. Got the financial aid I was lookin for. I have a feeling I may be outta touch during classes, too!
Congratulations, Celeste

Colleens_Husband 08-20-2009 11:48 AM

Yo Leslie:

Don't be a stranger. Stop by when you have time. I enjoy your posts.

Lee

Bill 08-20-2009 04:38 PM

Hi Leslie! I've been wondering about you, too, especially when I get into one of my painting moods. Good luck with the bio. classes!

Laurel 08-20-2009 08:34 PM

Leslie,

Wonderful news! I am so glad you are well and taking on new challenges. Good luck with the year. I bet you are a great teacher!

SoCalGal 08-21-2009 10:23 PM

Hi Leslie,
Thanks for checking in! Biology - wow - I think of you as an artist. Not that bio can't be art (or something like that).
Flori

Jackie07 08-22-2009 01:37 AM

A job is a job is a job...

Enjoy!

Mary Jo 08-22-2009 04:38 PM

Hi Leslie....I don't visit the "keeping your mind off BC" thread often but am happy I did tonight.

Happy you are well and moving forward with your life.

Take care and visit again soon......

Mary Jo

fauxgypsy 09-05-2009 06:42 AM

I will be in and out for some time. Freya, they actually sent me two "Cell Death Tour" shirts. I have been using information I learned at the AACR meeting in my classes. I use it to point out targets for therapy, etc., in my Anatomy and Physiology classes, I talk about "energy balance" and cancer in my Nutrition classes. I am just so snowed under that I hardly ever have time to come up for air (or conversation.) I am exhausted most of the time but it is a "good" tired and it won't be this way forever. The first year is the hardest, or so I'm told. Not much time for painting, though. I miss all of "y'all".

fauxgypsy 07-15-2010 04:32 PM

I am lurking today. I have internet at home again. My satellite internet died and I had to replace it. Took me awhile. I have a few more weeks off and then back to work. It is kind of funny. I went to work so that I would have insurance but now I spend my time arguing with them about not paying. I spent some time on the phone with Blue Cross (they "administer" the state plan. While I was on hold, I had to listen to them telling me that I needed to lower my stress levels. I told the rep that they were the cause of my stress.

ElaineM 07-15-2010 04:43 PM

Thanks for stopping by and letting us know how you are doing. Have a good school year !! Take care of yourself.

Jackie07 07-15-2010 05:53 PM

Good to hear from you.

My Internet was 'infected' with virus 10 days ago. Switched to a satellite/cable (was still using dial-up, can you imagine? :) provider and added Norton antivirus program.

Now 'I' am healthy and happy again!

StephN 07-16-2010 02:02 PM

Dear Leslie -
Sorry to hear it is more health insurance stress. They get under your skin whether you have it or not!

Hope you are able to enjoy your gardening and other summer activities. Helps balance out the "junk" that we have to deal with!