HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Marie and Mighty Oak, thought of you (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38011)

Donna 02-14-2009 01:32 PM

Marie and Mighty Oak, thought of you

Just had to post this for fun - but #4 is for Mighty Oak and Marie:

GREAT TRUTHS THAT ADULTS HAVE LEARNED:
1) Raising teenagers is like nailing jelly to a tree.
2) Wrinkles don't hurt.
3) Families are like fudge . . . mostly sweet, with

a few nuts.
4) Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
5) Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
6) Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fibre, not the toy.

Just want to say how glad we are that you stood your ground, Mighty Oak, keep it up!

Love, Donna

Believe51 02-16-2009 12:39 PM

Donna, I liked this and surely will pass it on to the 'Mighty Oak' himself. And yes My Sweet, he certainly is holding his ground. I am still amazed that they thought from the data collected that it would be 6-9 months.

It is 29 months!! It is my ongoing miracle!!>>Believe51

PS: Take that cancer!!.....because we know you are not done....but neither are we!!

Ooops, the point of my reply was to thank you for always thinking of us!

chrisy 02-16-2009 02:37 PM

Marie, Glad to see you NEVER miss an opportunity to tell cancer to take a hike!

ElaineM 02-16-2009 03:48 PM

Marie adn Mightt Oak, thought of you.

i loved the post. Thanks. How true it is !!

Jackie07 02-16-2009 04:09 PM

M & M (O),

You are miracle makers. Thank you for standing your ground and standing with each other. And thank you for sharing your story, baring your soul...

Donna,

Thanks for the wonderful posting. My husband has just recently quit buying cereals for the toys... He still prefers the sweetened ones...

WomanofSteel 02-16-2009 08:54 PM

Donna, loved your post, just wanted to add a few coments:
GREAT TRUTHS THAT ADULTS HAVE LEARNED:
1) Raising teenagers is like nailing jelly to a tree. I am raising one now and even though she is a good kid, there have been times that if my hair wasn't already falling out, I would have pulled it out.

2) Wrinkles don't hurt. But stretch marks sure do. LOL
3) Families are like fudge . . . mostly sweet, with

a few nuts. I must have gotten some loaded with nuts and imitation sweetener!
4) Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground. This had to be written specifically for Marie and Ed. It is perfect!
5) Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside. I jog a lot internally!
6) Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fibre, not the toy.
I must admit I bought a lot of cereal looking for a Goofy toy and I managed to find 2. I also still sneak a bowl of Captain Crunch occasionally.

Believe51 02-17-2009 07:43 AM

WomanofSteel, you always seem to make me jog on the inside. I am having such a wonderful day here with my family.>>Believe51

PS: .......no you did not say that you found 2 Goofy's right?? Hahaha. From one Goofy lover to another.

Believe51 02-17-2009 10:57 AM

CHRISSY, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU (from an old post!)

DearCancer,
How many times do we have to set you straight?? You are not welcomed here and never were. You are up against a person who is going to beat you down over and over again with goals to obliviate you and for all. We are sickened by your forcefullness and will fight you back ten-fold. With each action you take we shall have a reaction, we will always have the next step to take already planned, as we do now. I hope you are finally listening to what we are saying, you are wasting your time, your energy. You are not up just against my best friend, you are up against an entire force of my friends. We are here and we are just as determined to survive as you are. You do not stand a chance amongst us personally or this force behind us. We stand as one, we are here, we are just as detemined and we are Warriors. I bid you goodbye one more time, for you are not welcomed here!!

I wrote this a while ago and wanted to pull it up for Chrissy. This is just one of my talks with cancer!!