HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My Husband calls it my onc's victory lap... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65359)

Ceesun 10-09-2016 02:49 PM

My Husband calls it my onc's victory lap...

Hi dear ones, It has been awhile and I just want to update. After six rounds of Ixempra with no herceptin my right lung looks resolved and nodes in chest resolved or markedly improved. My onc still wants to do 2 more chemo treatments, hence the title of my thread, but also sent me to radiation. A plan is being set up for the Chest and lungs..not cyberknife but regular radiation. I am awaiting the call as the oncologist said I should wait for three weeks. I have mixed feelings about it all....but my oncologist actually congratulated me after my last visit. Although I don't post as much as I used to, you are always in my heart and mind...I would be lost without you. Love Cathy aka Ceesun PS Michka if you see this this, yes, one tumor can grow and one shrink...this happened with my lung tumors, both her2 and on Kadcyla at the same time...according to my oncologist.

jra40 10-10-2016 07:00 AM

Re: My Husband calls it my onc's victory lap...

Hi Ceesun - So glad to see your update and that you are getting positive results!

Keep on fighting warrior woman!

Jessica

PinkGirl 10-10-2016 07:43 AM

great news Ceese!! Thanks for sharing 😊

Carol Ann 10-10-2016 12:29 PM

Ceesun/Kathy, so glad to hear from you!! So glad you are doing so well, fantastic news!!

Carol Ann

tricia keegan 10-10-2016 03:17 PM

Thanks for the update Ceesun and pleased for you, stay strong!! xx

Laurel 10-10-2016 04:43 PM

Cathy,

Sounds as though you could use a bit of a chemo-break, but the old Onc wants some extra assurance she has whacked that mole dead. I get the reasoning, but they do not have to undergo the treatment, now do they? The best news is that you are clear having had a great response! Here's to hoping you sail through this final victory lap!

SoCalGal 10-10-2016 09:54 PM

Rads to the lungs? I'm not familiar with that option. What is the downside? And what is the thinking behind this approach? Would it mean no more systemic treatment? I'm low in the brain processing skills tonight, so forgive my jumpy questions.

Very good news on the overall result - so YAY FOR THAT!!
Much love back,
Flori

MaineRottweilers 10-11-2016 03:34 AM

Great report!

I hope you, your body and your oncologist can work out something so you don't spin out on the victory lap.

You've done well and thanks for letting us know.

michka 10-15-2016 01:11 AM

Hi Ceesun! I am so happy to read the good news.
Ixempra might be an additional weapon for me.
I will post later about myself. Right now it is complicated.
Why do they want to do radiation to the lungs? What are they aiming at? If Ixempra is doing the job, shouldn't they save that for later?
Maybe there are more women than what we think who have non HER2 tumors after some time and just don't know it. If they have no biopsy of the tumors that do not respond they continue to try Herceptin or anti HER2 treatments but it is not enough. This is only my personal thinking. No DR gave me a clear explanation yet.
I hope the last Ixempra infusions will wipe everything out!

Ceesun 10-16-2016 07:33 AM

Good Morning Friends, just to clarify a bit the radiation according to the oncologist and radiation oncologist is to "clean things up" as I am told. My oncologist took me off herceptin with plans to add back in later but I guess the Ixempra did a good job going solo....and I think he might add it back later. I await the call now from radiation oncology as they have done my simulation etc. I saw the oncologist last week and he said you might be able to stay off chemo for a while...oh, how I wish! As far as biopsy reports both lung tumors express her2. On another note, does anyone find all of the pink October stuff a little disheartening...too in your face? I wish it didn't bother me but it does...Love to all, Cathy (Ceesun)

Carol Ann 10-16-2016 10:50 AM

Thanks for the update, Cathy!!

I DETEST the pink party and go out of my way to support Stage 4 people with facts etc about metastatic breast cancer on my facebook page. I know I have a 30% chance of metastasizing for EACH of the tumors I had in each breast. I contribute when I can to www.metavivor.org, the ONLY organization run by mbc patients, and where 100% of the donation goes to mbc research and support of mbc patients.

Carol Ann

caya 10-18-2016 07:19 PM

Great to hear Ceesun! Keep up the good work and fight the fight!

all the best
caya

Mtngrl 10-21-2016 06:01 AM

Dear Cathy,

Thanks for the update! Glad you're getting good results. And I'll keep Ixempra in mind.

I haven't had anything biopsied in awhile. But I did have the Guardant360 blood tests and it shows HER2 amplification.

StephN 10-25-2016 09:18 PM

Dear Ceesun,
Speaking of "onc's victory lap" this sounds like my last go-round with the liver mets. There were a very few small spots that seemed to show some uptake on a PET. So, three more weekly treatments and CT showed them smaller.

Later PET showed NO uptake and only mentioned in rad report as scars. Guess they figure as long as we are tolerating the treatment a little more would not hurt and could be of great benefit.

So happy to hear something good about Ixempra. Not sure early use was this effective, so there must be some improved ways to use after trials and research.