HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Surgery today (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53506)

snolan 03-19-2012 04:09 PM

Surgery today

I had my surgery to exchange out expanders for for silicon. Went very well this surgery seems so much easier then the others, not much pain and I can move my arms. Going bra shopping this week!
Suzanne

KDR 03-19-2012 05:34 PM

Re: Surgery today

Suzanne,
Glad to hear that the surgery is behind you. Wishing you continued healing,
Karen

Pray 03-19-2012 09:06 PM

That most be an awesome feeling, I hope to be where your at too!

chekmark 03-20-2012 04:29 AM

Great news. After all the problems you have had I hope you find some really great looking bras. I am right behind you. I will be having the exchange in a few weeks. Cant wait, this thing is so hard right now. Hope you continue to do well. Good luck.

NEDenise 03-20-2012 06:06 AM

Yay, Suzanne!
Victoria's Secret, here she comes!

Darlene...I can't wait to hear the same great news from you in a few weeks!

Denise

Jackie07 03-20-2012 03:40 PM

Sounds good to me!

twosenuf99 03-20-2012 04:49 PM

Glad to hear all went well.. Congrats..

chemteach 03-21-2012 05:03 AM

Yay!! I had that exchange two weeks ago, and what a relief! I have brand new round mounds with incision scars just barely visible. My ps wants me in a sports bra for a few weeks, and no heavy lifting or strenuous activity. I love activity, so that's a bit difficult. I really loved being braless when the expanders were in. I would love to ditch the bras after the incisions heal completely. Any thoughts on that?

snolan 03-21-2012 05:31 PM

I have had several people from our local cancer support group say they do not wear bras anymore, maybe just a camisole. I don't know if I can get used to that, kind of feels like I'm missing something like not wearing underwear:)

Lorraine 03-21-2012 05:49 PM

I'm having my exchange on March 30th. I'm so glad to hear that this operation went so smooth. I've been told there's no overnight stay either! How long until we can move the arms enough to dance? I've got a wedding to go to 14 days after the surgery and I want to dance!!
Some of you have mentioned the bra thing.......I too have enjoyed a braless vacation however, my PS has strongly recommended I wear support or else the implants will start to droop....been there....done that.....so I'm going for the sports bra and then a little support.

So nice to have so many of us in or near the same boat.

Love~Hope,
Lorraine

chemteach 03-22-2012 05:00 AM

Hahaha! Not wearing underwear...I've never done that, though some women do. I teach at a high school and that might make me feel a bit uncomfortable. A camisole helps keep me warm, so I could do that or maybe a sports bra thing. I wouldn't want these new ones to sag. My real ones did, and I wore a real bra then.