HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I heard from Vickie h... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46611)

Chelee 09-04-2010 12:31 AM

I heard from Vickie h...

and the news isn't good. Vickie is not doing well and will be bringing hospice in very soon. She was told she has about two weeks. Vickie took a fall in June and broke her hip. She spent four wks in the hospital but said she is happy to be back home now where she is comfortable sleeping in a hospital bed.

Vickie wanted me to tell everyone that she loves and misses everyone....and that she hopes to post in the next few days. But I'm not sure she will feel up to it? I let Vickie know how many of you were asking about her...and how much we love and care about her. Leave it to Vickie to be thinking of us at a time like this...but that is just one part of Vickie that makes her so very special. Please keep Vickie and Cap in your thoughts and prayers.

Chelee

ElaineM 09-04-2010 12:43 AM

Re: I heard from Vickie h...

Thanks for letting us know about Vickie. Please tell her we have been thinking about her alot and send some virtual hugs to her during this difficult time.

Mary Anne in TX 09-04-2010 04:32 AM

We love you Vicki girl and send blessings and love in giant amounts your way! May the angels stay by your side each minute of each day. ma

Jackie07 09-04-2010 04:55 AM

Vicki and Cap,

We love you, too. What a love story you two have demonstrated to the world. Take care pf yourselves and know that we are thinking of you.

Yorkiegirl 09-04-2010 05:54 AM

Chelee thanks for giving us an update on Vickie.
Let Vickie and Cap know that many, many prayers are going out.

Ellie F 09-04-2010 09:23 AM

Chelee
So glad you posted this news as rarely a day goes by that I don't think of Vickie and her grace and kindness.
My thoughts and prayers are with them both.

The race for the cure needs to hurry up so no more wonderful people are stricken with this horrible disease.Surely soon we are due a breakthrough that will show us the way to both prevent and cure cancer.

Ellie

mmoons 09-04-2010 09:27 AM

Chelee-

Thank yo uso much for letting us know. Vickie has been on my mind so much.

Vickie and Cap, if you do check in, please feel the love and prayers coming your way from so many of us. Vickie, I will never forget the warm, loving care you gave me when I was diagnosed. With all you had going on in your own life, you were such a support to me, checking in with me and lifting me up when I needed it most. I will never forget. You are in my heart.

Love,
Maureen

Jean 09-04-2010 09:49 AM

Chelee thank you for keeping us informed.

Vicki you are in my prayers and thougths.

jean

StephN 09-04-2010 11:35 AM

Dear Chelee -
Glad you persisted with our dear Vickie H. Thanks to you.
She has fought like a champ in every respect. Falls are always tough!
Looks like Vickie did get some additional time from the T-DM1 trial. That and her gentle yet determined nature.

Lots of love and prayers for peace for Vickie and Cap.

tricia keegan 09-04-2010 12:17 PM

Thanks for letting us know Chelee, sending all my love and prayer's to Vicki and Cap!

(((((hugs))))

lexigirl 09-04-2010 02:26 PM

Thank you Chelee for the update on Vickie.

It makes me sad to know that she fell and her hip was broken. That is terrible.

I am happy that she is able to be home with her dear Cap to care for her. I pray that she is resting comfortably and can feel all of our love and prayers for her.

Joan M 09-04-2010 03:57 PM

Vickie,

You are in my prayers.

Joan

Patb 09-04-2010 04:57 PM

Vickie
You are in my prayers and thoughts.
patb

Barbara H. 09-04-2010 05:06 PM

Dear Vickie,
Please know that my thoughts are with you.
Barbara H.

Emelie B 09-05-2010 12:37 PM

Vickie,
Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Emelie

krisvell 09-05-2010 05:30 PM

Vickie,
I am praying for you.
Love,
Kris......

Terri B 09-23-2010 06:34 AM

Vickie,

I never thought I would find someone on this board that loved the Yankees as much as I did! I miss talking to you about it! Love you, and I'm wrapping my thoughts around you ♥