HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   News old or new -- i recently found out (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66793)

Andrea Barnett Budin 01-22-2018 03:08 PM

News old or new -- i recently found out

I write to Michele (MISHKA) often over the last years. She is a sweetheart. But she found some suspicious nodes and was getting a tough therapy (trying to hold out for a new clinical trial due in Franc in 2018). Time ran out. This is a sad, sad note. She grew so weak, as she warned me, that she wasn't responding. Still I wrote to her, praying, hoping...

Her husband wrote backā€¦ (HE WROTE IN FRENCHAND I FIDDLED AND HAD GOOGLE TRANSLATE FOR ME, FOR US:

. In September she underwent brain radiotherapy
because of 2 or 3 metastases that began to become dangerous. Michele hoped to save time by hoping for a new clinical study planned in France in early 2018.
This radiotherapy was very toxic, and tiring. She could not communicate anymore. She could talk a bit and recognize me at the beginning of October.
And unfortunately, I had a serious cerebral accident and I was also hospitalized in September. It took me a long time to get to reuse the internet with the help of a son of Michele.
Which explains why I only answer today, and in addition I am aneanti by its disappearance. And I could not help him continue to fight his illness as I did for 10 years ...
And I think it's exhausted that she finally died ....

If you wish you can write to me: my internet address is: jean-pierre.brun@cegetel.net
Michele told me so much about this American group with which she exchanged so much and who was so useful to her in her fight.
Can you broadcast the sad news of his death?

Jean Pierre

MAY SHE REST IN PEACE.

With all my love to my Sisters... Andi

ALSO:
I am friends with Fern Gerard on Facebook. I noted I hadn't seen her post for a while. Finally I gathered the courage to go to her page.

Condolences all over.

Two ANGELS who are now painfree and happy, watching over us, and their beloved families. Two outstanding human beings who (only God knows why) went through the horror of breast cancer and chemo and did it with such grace and bravery I will remain in awe of each of them forever.

Blessings and prayers for you all my "family" ...

Laurel 01-22-2018 05:50 PM

Re: News old or new -- i recently found out

Andi,

Thank you for letting us know about Mishka and Fern. I feared the worse for Mishka as it has been so long since we heard from her and she was in a real battle for a new treatment. It is indeed sad, sad news. As we have just lost our Amy this adds 3 angels above to watch over us. Sad. Just so sad.

lkc Gumby 01-22-2018 07:07 PM

Thanks for letting us know. I am very sorry to hear this. May they both RIP.
So sad...

Carol Ann 01-22-2018 08:37 PM

Thanks Andi for letting us know ... I have been dreading yet expecting this post about Mishka. She, like Fern our sweet waterdreamer, fought so hard for so long.

This disease just sucks. Amy, Mishka, Fern I will never forget them and how hard they fought and how kind they were to all of us.

Tears.

Carol Ann

StephN 01-22-2018 09:30 PM

Thank you Andi!
I have also written to Michka with no response. So has another member here.
We have been mightily concerned at the quiet.

So glad that Jean-Pierre finally replied to someone so we can know instead of wonder and worry.

There had been a post some time back about Fern, but maybe that was when you were out of touch for a while. Glad you are back!

Donna H 01-23-2018 08:30 AM

So, so sad.

caya 01-23-2018 04:47 PM

Thanks for posting, Andi.

I too had feared the worst for our Michka. She was such a sweet soul.

May she and Fern, along with Amy RIP.

all the best
caya

Pamelamary 01-23-2018 11:13 PM

Thanks Andi - very sad news indeed. Condolences to Michka's family and friends.

jra40 01-24-2018 07:06 AM

Again, no words, just extreme sadness over the loss of more beautiful souls. Praying for a cure everyday, this needs to stop. Condolences to all the families

MaineRottweilers 01-24-2018 01:57 PM

Rest in peace Mishka. Andi, thank you for bearing the news. You presence on this board is missed. Stop by now and again.
Tracy

Pray 01-24-2018 01:59 PM

Just heart wrenching. God bless her family and friends.

StephN 01-26-2018 06:26 PM

Hi Andi -
Hope you are feeling okay yourself now. We want to hibernate here up north!

BTW - The word "aneanti" from your post above was missed by Google. It is a French word meaning "exhausted." The poor man! He went through so much.

I recall a message from Michele saying that J-P had taken her to Corsica for a 2 week rest. It did her a lot of good so she could go her next round. Memories, memories ...

Joan M 01-27-2018 01:11 AM

This is very sad news. I met Michka and her husband in Paris for dinner in 2011. It is a nice memory, as we all enjoyed ourselves, and yes J-P couldn't really follow the English all that well. She was very brave and had a good partner in J-P. Rest In Peace, dear Michka.

Becky 01-27-2018 07:28 AM

Too many angels watching over us. Praying for a cure.

Kim in CA 01-27-2018 10:28 PM

Another courageous sister gone far too soon. So very, very sad.

My deepest condolences to her family.

Jean 02-14-2018 08:01 PM

Andi,
Thank you for the update on Mishka. I was very saddened to read your post.
I do not come to the board as much these days. More due to my heavy work schedule.

Sending you love on this Valentines Day.
Jean