HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Saygoon IT Journey (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63659)

Saygoon 08-25-2015 10:26 AM

Saygoon IT Journey

I have now been on IT for 9 weeks now and they did a scan last week. Shows improvement on the brain but not on my spine. A "little thickening" on my spine. The Onc acted like this is not good news and I needed to make some decisions concerning my future treatments. Either continue as is. Add another chemo drug which he doesn't feel I can tolerate (I don't either) or go to hospice/palliative care. Seems like all I do is walk around in circles saying I don't know.

Carol Ann 08-25-2015 11:55 AM

Re: Saygoon IT Journey

Oh Saygoon, I am so sorry. :(

Is there a way to combine palliative care with treatment? I am just thinking out loud. My immediate, gut reaction.

Praying for you. Hoping someone who knows about bone mets will respond very soon, too.

Carol Ann

thinkpositive 08-25-2015 02:21 PM

Saygoon,

I'm sorry to hear that the current treatment doesn't seem to be having the desired impact on your spine. It is a really personal decision on what route to take and one that I would expect your onc would discuss with you in detail. You'd hate to make a decision without knowing what the pros and cons are for each of the options.

I'll be praying for you and sending healing thoughts your way.

Take care,
Brenda

tricia keegan 08-25-2015 03:25 PM

Paula, sending hugs and good vibes to you, is there a clinical trial you could tolerate easier??

Lucy 08-26-2015 06:47 AM

Paula,

You say the doctor acted like this wasn't good news but did they actually say that? Did they say what the thickening of the spine meant? My first thought was, can you get a second opinion? You've been through so much and it's hard to take it all in. I wish you weren't having to deal with all of this and that there was an easy (positive!) answer / solution.

I've been (and will continue) praying for you and wish there was more I could do for you.

sending cyber hugs

Pamelamary 08-27-2015 12:18 AM

Thinking of you - at least there was some improvement in the brain. Stay strong!

suzan w 08-27-2015 03:18 PM

Oh...rats. Sending you a great big warm hug from Florida.

Laurel 08-27-2015 06:30 PM

Paula,

Ok, so your Onc thinks another chemo in addition to the IT may put the beast back in the box, but the the treatment may be too much for you to tolerate. I think if it were me I'd try the chemo to see how if goes. Palliative care is still out there, but are you ready for that at this time? Only you can know this, obviously, but then again you do not know how the chemo will go.

I will keep praying for you. Let us know what you decide to do. I am truly sorry you are facing this horror.