HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Blood test (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52844)

Pray 01-11-2012 10:18 PM

Blood test

Hi, I'm not sure what to make of my blood tests? Up to 3 months ago my white cells have always been to low but acceptable. Then 5 weeks ago just about all of my blood tests were to high more so my liver enzymes and white cells enough to merit another work up in 6 weeks which will be next thurs. I'm not sure which goes up for what? If my liver was acting up does everything else go up or if something is wrong with my white cells do your liver enzymes go up? As you can see any clarification will help me. Thank you so much for your input.Its odd just to night I'm thinking about this? Since my 2 year anniv. I have kind of just left everything up to my onc.Nancy

KDR 01-12-2012 04:35 PM

Re: Blood test

Hi, Nancy,
The next workup this week should give you the answers you need, whether it's all within normal range or in need of a further look. At this point, I think, any suggestion either way would be purely supposition.
Wishing you well,
Karen

Pray 01-12-2012 09:58 PM

Thank you so much Karen I appreciate your reply!

BonnieR 01-12-2012 11:07 PM

How were you given the results? Didn't your doctor review them with you?
Perhaps you have some sort of infection or something which is reflected in the results. As Karen said, it is impossible to guess and best to see how the follow up tests come out.
But you are entitled to the facts and explainations.
Keep the faith.

Pray 01-13-2012 06:04 AM

Thank you for your reply Bonnie.My Dr. told me about them at my appt.. At the time I was thinking how great it was that my white cells finally went up? I have had so many problems over the past year that had great turn outs that I just stopped worrying. I guess I just let my gaurd down assuming everything was all going to turn out fine. So I just said ok and asked nothing further. Lame I know.

BonnieR 01-13-2012 11:53 AM

Don't ever call yourself "lame". This is new territory and it is the professionals jobs to explain things to you. But it might be good to keep a notebook with you and write down your questions and replies. And get copies of everything. You are entitled to those. And, again, there might be alot of reasons for the lab results and they may be resolved next time the tests are run. Keep the faith.

Pray 01-13-2012 04:11 PM

Thanks again Bonnie! It was part of my celebration to pack away all of my notes, test results blood work everything at my 2 year. I kept it up with great detail. You are right! It is time to start a new note book just in case. I will ask for the blood work and tests I did not get when I thought it was all over. (I'm sure it still can be).Thanks again my Friend.Nancy