HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Spreading (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46759)

sally 09-17-2010 08:49 PM

Spreading

Hi, I recently found out the cancer spread to my brain. I had WBR and finished my last radiation treatment today. I went to Onc because my body is in severe pain. While I was on radiaton for a month the cancer spread in my bones,spine and torso. My whole upper and lower parts of my stomach is extremely hard and painful. I am starting Taxatere, Cisplatin and Herceptin This Tuesday. I think you usually wait a few weeks after radiation to start on chemo. I hope I can handle it without too many side effects. He wanted to give me Carboplatin but I developed an allergy to that one. So hopefully I'm not allergic to the Cisplatin. Sally

ElaineM 09-17-2010 09:20 PM

Re: Spreading

I am sorry to hear about the spreading. I don't have experience with this, but I want to say I have my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully the combination your doctor choose will work. If not maybe you can look into a T DM1 clinical trial.
Take care of youself. Get lots of R & R over the weekend, so you will be ready to challenge the cancer on Tuesday.

Jackie07 09-17-2010 10:17 PM

Sally,

I am sorry to hear about the spread. Please read Bejuice's thread 'positive stories' to get some encouragement. Hopefully more members will see your thread and write about their experience.

Sending prayers your way. Take care and keep us posted.

Jean 09-17-2010 11:13 PM

Sally,
Wishing you all the best with your new treatment on Tues.

Jean

Chelee 09-18-2010 01:58 AM

I am so sorry to hear your news...you have been through so much already. That chemo combo is a good one so I'll be keeping you in my thoughts that it works...and well! Have you checked to see if you have any of the TDM1 trials close to you? (Just a thought.) I wish I could do something for you...my heart goes out to you. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there...and don't forget...we are here for you any time.

Chelee

Lien 09-18-2010 08:54 AM

I'm really sorry that you have to face all this. It must be scary and hard on your system. Hope this chemo combo kicks back the cancer and brings you improved QOL.

Sending virtual cancer-killing arrows to deal with the pesky buggers.

Jacqueline

tricia keegan 09-18-2010 03:45 PM

I'm so sorry Sally and have no advice but thinking of you ((((hugs))))

Laurel 09-18-2010 05:51 PM

Sally,

Wow, that is a tough go! Sending you prayers for healing and that you tolerate your protocol well.

'lizbeth 09-18-2010 07:19 PM

Sally

Im adding my prayers too.

caya 09-18-2010 07:54 PM

Sally,

Sending prayers and big hugs from Canada.

all the best
caya

karen z 09-19-2010 03:28 AM

Sally,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong and take things one day at a time.
K

Mary Anne in TX 09-20-2010 06:47 AM

Sending love and prayers to you this morning Sally! ma

Ruth 09-20-2010 04:42 PM

Sally ~
I am so sorry to see this. Please know that you are in my thoughts.
Ruth

flynny 09-20-2010 07:29 PM

Sending you positive thoughts during this frustrating time for you.

sally 09-22-2010 07:29 PM

I would like to thank everyone for their information, thoughts, and prayers. I have had a rough time absorbing the brain mets. Now with the cancer being in my upper stomach area it is so visible and painful and big! It makes it so much scarier. Stay strong and hopeful and thanks again. Sally

Trish 09-23-2010 02:52 AM

Wishing you well from Australia Sally.
Love Trish

CarolynME 09-23-2010 04:51 PM

Sally,

I have been thinking about you and I am praying really hard that this combination of medicine works for you, and you will not have any allergic reactions.

Love,

Carolyn