HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on TriciaK (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47329)

TriciaK 10-21-2010 08:00 PM

Update on TriciaK

Just wanted to share some good news---My ca 27/29, which was 131 in May, dropped to 60 in July, and now this past week has dropped to 45. This marker has always been very accurate for me, so when it started climbing about 6 months ago we were concerned. In June the PET/CT showed one larger and many small nodules back in my right lung. We started navelbine alone, because my oncologist felt my ejection fraction was too low for herceptin. I had some unusual and severe side effects, so we stopped a month while my husband and I and oldest son and daughter-in-law went on a cruise to Hawaii. When we got back I had to have an angiogram but luckily it showed my heart improving and my ef up to 55 so the oncologist started herceptin in September along with the navelbine. Two weeks ago and more side effects he dropped the navelbiine, though he hopes to use it again if needed. My white and red cells both dropped and I had to have blood transfusions. I've had the herceptin weekly but starting this week we will do it every 3 weeks instead. I am feeling so much better, even some energy and able to do more. I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised that it has all gone so well. After 25 years and this being my 4th BC battle, I was not so sure I would bounce back so quickly! Just goes to show, Never give up! Hugs, TriciaK

flynny 10-21-2010 08:09 PM

Re: Update on TriciaK

You are truly amazing! I definitely think you know how to kick cancers A$$! Praying for you all the time!

tfabre 10-21-2010 08:14 PM

AWESOME!!!!!! Go Girl!!!

AlaskaAngel 10-21-2010 08:19 PM

So glad to hear it, Tricia. This is where they need to really dig in and research to figure out how and why this works the way it has for you, so that we don't end up assuming it can't, and understanding how to apply it best so as to not lose whatever traction and time we can to keep things on the upward trend instead of at random. Glad the markers are trending in your favor!

A.A.

caya 10-21-2010 08:44 PM

Tricia - you are one tough broad!!! Good for you, you are such an inspiration for us all!!
Eat some chocolate, it's good for you!!

all the best
caya

ElaineM 10-21-2010 08:57 PM

Totally fabulous !!!!!!!! You keep bouncing back like the little energizer battery !!!!!!!!!! You are definitely my role model for how to do battle with cancer and all other health problems. I am so proud of you !! Keep going !!
You are going to outlive all your docs. I don't wish your docs bad luck or bad health, but you are certainly showing them how to live with cancer. It's great !!

tricia keegan 10-22-2010 08:12 AM

Delighted to share your wonderful news Tricia !!

Cal-Gal 10-22-2010 09:40 AM

Congrats Tricia--you are an inspiration!!!!

lexigirl 10-22-2010 10:07 AM

Such terrific news Tricia! So very happy that you respond to tx so well. That bc doesn't have a chance!

Hugs,
Lexi

Becky 10-22-2010 01:46 PM

Awesome news Tricia. You are an inspiration to all of us and especially to me.

chrisy 10-22-2010 02:19 PM

Tricia, you never fail to bring a smile to my face. Thanks so much for your inspiration.

Joan M 10-22-2010 03:50 PM

Tricia,

You're wonderful. Keep battling and cruising.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Joan

Mary Jo 10-23-2010 06:15 PM

Dear Tricia....Man oh man what a woman you are . You have been blessed with an abundance of strength and God's most wonderful Peace as it SHINES forth brightly in your posts. Yes, you are an inspiration to each of us. You show us that we should NEVER give up. Only God knows the outcome of our circumstance but it's up to each of us to do what we need to do and then leave the rest to Him. Thank YOU for all you bring to this board. Truly you are a blessing to each of us here.

Continue to SHINE as you go.........I am smiling as I type because you bring that out in each of us.

God's continued blessings friend...

Mary Jo

sassy 10-23-2010 06:58 PM

Tricia,

You continue to be an awesome inspiration!

Jackie07 10-23-2010 09:47 PM

Thank you so much for sharing this. What an inspiration!

harrie 10-23-2010 10:30 PM

Tricia, you sure do inspire me!!
Maryanne

TriciaK 10-24-2010 05:18 PM

Thank you for your comments---They are like hugs! One of my sons visited us this past week and commented that he had told a friend about my being over 80, that I've been fighting cancer for over 25 years and am now doing battle for the 4th time. He said the friend said flatly "I don't believe it! That just isn't possible!" People do have their own opinions about cancer and too many just think it's hopeless, a death sentence, something no one can overcome. I am so glad to have found this website where there are so many warriors, so many who reach out to others and lift each other up. Maybe we need to write a book with all the positive stories in it from this site, even including those who fought the good fight and finished their course. There is so much inspiration here and it appears to be badly needed among those who fear cancer almost irrationally. Many seem to just give up. I have heard of several who have not even told their spouses, as if it were something to be ashamed of. That is so sad! Thank you for being there for me and for each other! Hugs, TriciaK

StephN 10-24-2010 06:36 PM

Well said, TriciaK!
You always share something wise and thoughtful with us.
I am one more here who is egging you on to another first in the race with the Beast. You ask for strength and it comes. This is a wonderful lesson is itself.

{{{HUGS}}} to you.

krisvell 10-25-2010 03:46 PM

Tricia;
You are a true inspiration. Great News!
Kris...

schoolteacher 10-27-2010 12:29 PM

Tricia,

Thank you. I really needed to hear your words today.

Amelia