HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Clinical Trials (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Can anyone help? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30350)

Daisypink 10-03-2007 01:00 PM

Can anyone help?

Hi

I am 33 years old and i live in England. We seem to be so far behind over here with access to new drugs, i wanted to ask your help as i am feeling so desparate and scared..

I have lung secondaries and i have just had the Tykerb/Xeloda trial stopped as it has failed to work for me.

My oncologist referred me to the top cancer hospital here in the Uk - the Royal Marsden to see if they could suggest any new drugs/trials that may help me as every chemo/hormonal seems to have failed for me so far. the Marsden couldnt help so i am desparate to know if there are other drugs there in the states that i could try to get.

I am willing to pay and travel to the states, does anyone know if this is possible? Where would be the best place to contact over there?

I am so desperate to live.. i dont want to die.. i feel i have too much in life to do, please, please can anyone help me by suggesting anything?

much love to all you fighting this dreadful disease.

Any help would be appreciated

Love

jakki
xxxx

lilyecuadorian 10-03-2007 08:58 PM

there is many more drogs I hear navelbine,to manys just wait one of our sister is going to read this post and they will post some ideas for you hang in there ...all my prayers on your way ...I wish that I can recomend something but I dont have that much experience like some sister on this site ...

tousled1 10-03-2007 09:01 PM

I have lung mets and am on Taxol and Carboplatin - weekly with 3 weeks on and one week off. In addition I'm getting Herceptin weekly. So far it seems to be working. There are also women who have been on Herceptin and Navelbine for lung mets with good results. You still have many options to try. Don't give up.

Julie2 10-04-2007 09:58 AM

Please post this on main her2group forum. Many people will respond.
I am on Nabelbine and Herceptin for recurrence to chest nodes. It seems like working.

Julie

Daisypink 10-05-2007 01:08 AM

Thank you Lily, kate and Julie for your replies...

I have posted on the main HER2 forum in the hope of many reponses..

thank you and take care

Love jakki
xxxx

gin-tx 10-06-2007 06:19 AM

There are wonderful cancer hospitals in US, MD Anderson in Houston, TX, Sloan Kettering which I think is in NY, and others. Ask your dr to recommend a place if you want to come to US for treatment.

hugs,
ginkott1@aol.com

GemmaG 10-06-2007 04:24 PM

HI Jakki,
The Tykerb/Xeloda combo didn't work for me. My onc have had me put back on Herceptin and added Navelbine on a weekly basis. I've had two treatments so far. I didn't get an infusion yesterday because my blood count was too low :-(

I live in New Jersey. I think I'm in a good hands with my onc. Send me a message if you want info about the cancer center here.

You'll be in my prayers. And we'll all beat this dreadful disease.

Hugs,
Gemma

Daisypink 10-08-2007 01:45 AM

Hi there

Thank so much for the info you guys have all replied with.. i see my onoclogist today so i will go armed with a wealth of info.

yes, i'd love to know aboutthe clinic you are being treated at Gemma, i am just going to have a look on the Slaone Kettering Site to see how you get an appointment and at what cost?

Thanks and much love to you all

Jakki
xxxx