HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Dear Friends (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33751)

Bill 04-26-2008 09:57 PM

Dear Friends

You know I love you all, and you are all always in my thoughts and prayers. I have decided to spend less time on the her2 website. There's nothing wrong, it's just that since Nicola's passing, I've spent alot of time here, and my house and affairs here are still in a state of disarray. There are certain things I need to do here, and they are not getting done. I know you all understand. Also, on May 10th, my son Zach and I will be flying out to AZ. for a week, to visit my Father and his wife, Cathy, and I will be out of touch then, for sure. I'm not saying I'm taking a complete break, but I just need to spend less time here, and get my affairs in order. I'm sure I will say Hi at least once a day, just not posting as much. You all stay strong and please know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Bill

lilyecuadorian 04-26-2008 10:05 PM

Bill you are in my thoughts and prayers too ...and good luck on your trip to AZ ...and take a break too is great to take a break we all deserve a break...(please not too long) I'm 100% we will miss you a lot ..you are part of this big family and I love you SO much much much

SoCalGal 04-26-2008 10:32 PM

no.

Okay - that was just my first response. I was wondering about you and the time you spend here. I think that your decision sounds healthy. Enjoy your son. We'll be around awaiting your check-in. Blessings and wishes of peace and happiness from me to you. --Flori

hutchibk 04-27-2008 12:12 AM

I tend to agree with Flori's first response. No.

But, I suppose if you promise to check in at least once a week, we won't get our feelings hurt. We will miss you, though. But now we can talk about you more without you knowing about it.... see the danger in turning your back? LOL

Actually, I need to do a little more of what you are proposing, Billy Boy, so I have cut back on my Her2 time a little. It's a very seductive place!

Barbara H. 04-27-2008 05:17 AM

Hi Bill,
Have a great trip to Arizona! We enjoy your posts and words of wisdom on this site, and your everyday posts will be missed. However, I do understand your need to take care of your affairs and find additional ways to help you cope with your loss. As you know, you are always welcome here, and your support is helpful to many. Again, enjoy your trip and we will be looking forward to hearing about it when you return.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

Mary Jo 04-27-2008 05:47 AM

Awww Bill...........I hear ya.......I understand.......but that doesn't mean I'm not sad that you will not be a daily poster here at her2 support. Your understanding and giving ways to the people here that are going through so much (not to mention your humourous side and those stories you tell) will be greatly missed. I was always astounded by all you've done for others here after all you, yourself, have been through.

Of course, you need a break from this site so you can move forward and deal with those things that have touched your life. I get that most definitely. This site, although a wonderful place to visit, is addictive to say the least. The love and care we all feel for each other is real.

So dear friend.............I know you will check in and be a part of our world here at her2 support (how could you not with us wonderful people - hahahahahahttp://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...cons/icon7.gif) BUT I hear you that a break is necessary.

I will miss you and your kind words of wisdom and hope to see a post again soon.

Love & God's Blessings to you Bill.....................and have fun in AZ.

Mary Jo

karen z 04-27-2008 05:47 AM

Bill,
It is ALWAYS good to take care of yourself and the things around you that need taken care of. I hope that you have a great trip with your son! Take good care.
Karen

Jean 04-27-2008 06:44 AM

Bill,
You are a wise man - enjoy your much earned trip with your son.
You are not gone from us as you know that you remain in our hearts.

Hugs,
Jean

IRENE FROM TAMPA 04-27-2008 06:45 AM

We will miss you Bill

but I am sure you will check in with us once in a while, but I completely understand.

Have a wonderful time with your son and your family.. It's will be good for you to have some family time for yourselves.

Know that we all love you and look forward to hearing from you again.

Take care my friend

Gerri 04-27-2008 07:20 AM

Bill,

You have had such a positive effect on this board and I hate to see you go. However, I understand exactly what you are saying and have done this myself at times. You are such a kind and thoughtful man, but maybe now it is time for you to take care of YOU.

I sincerely hope that being a part of this family has helped you move along in your grief process. Remember, if you need us we all just a click away.

Stay well, stay strong. You will be missed.

Much Love and Peace to you,

Jeanette 04-27-2008 07:47 AM

Bill you go take care of yourself and whatever else needs tending to. Enjoy your trip with your son. You too need time to heal, Take care, hugs and Blessings , Jeanette

kareneg 04-27-2008 08:10 AM

Bill do what you have to do hun, we will be here waiting and know we love you very much have a great time visiting your Dad, Tak soon!
Love always Karen

Ceesun 04-27-2008 10:18 AM

Hey Bill, You do what you need to do and I understand as well. I feel like you are a new friend and am being a bit selfish to say I wish you would stay...but life does take us in new directions. Hope to still hear from you once in a while. Fondly, Ceesun

Becky 04-27-2008 10:24 AM

Dear Wild Man Bill

I'm really going to miss you here. Make sure you don't totally disappear because we will want to hear about all your adventures.

Love to you

Paty 04-27-2008 10:45 AM

Bill,

I am sure we will all miss your posts, but I understand that you need to "put things in order". God bless you and enjoy your trip.

Paty

jones7676 04-27-2008 11:03 AM

I will miss your humor - but I agree that you must take care of yourself...may life be good to you, you deserve it.

chrisy 04-27-2008 11:09 AM

NO. and YES.
Bill, I will miss the sunshine your posts always bring. But I am glad you are taking more time to "do your life". As you know, I sometimes worried when I saw you posting at all hours - and I do mean ALL hours!

So I have to agree that it sounds healthy for you, even though it makes ME cry. I know we're in your prayers, as you are in ours.

Just remember, everyone (Wild Bill and all those who think it will be fun making up stuff about him while he's gone!), it's unlikely we could come up with anything WILDER stories than the real deal! I hope, Bill, that the change of scenery will stir up some new and even more unimaginable adventures!

In the meantime, I'll just picture you lurking and giggling while we talk about you. Maybe we should start a thread called "Crazy things Bill is doing instead of posting on the Her2 site"

Much love,
Chris

sassy 04-27-2008 11:19 AM

Wild Bill,

Keep writing the story of your life--(especially the funny chapters)! Just remember, we love a good story.

Love to you and your family.

Much thanks,

StephN 04-27-2008 11:23 AM

Dear Bill -
It IS a very hard thing to cope after the loss of a much loved one. Normal to ignore things that usually would get taken care of in the course of things.
But these months have NOT been normal for you. A way to stay close to Nicola is to be close to us, who are walking where your beloved walked.

This vacation is like a trial separation. You will see how it goes. If you are able to move on a little and do other things not concerned with cancer, all the better. Nicola is always in your heart no matter what you are doing. Maybe she is the one spurring you on pick up the pieces and get your act together.

I agree - we all need our time to grieve and this takes various forms for different people.

Thanks for showing us the guy that our dear Nicola loved.

Faith in Him 04-27-2008 11:24 AM

Dear Bill,

I agree with what everyone else has said. You will truly be missed but it is necessary for you to put thing back in order. So, with that being said, I wish you a time of healing and new adventures. Please come back and check on us when your ready. And know that I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs,
Tonya