HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   12 Years and Stage IV - No sign of my cancer (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60349)

mamacze 03-04-2014 06:15 AM

Re: 12 Years and Stage IV - No sign of my cancer

StephN - I am kickin’ up my heels with joy for you and 12 years/Stage IV NED!! I think you are the Stage IV NED leader on this board - and I am delighted to be nipping at your heels with my 10 year NED anniversary fast approaching in May. May I ALWAYS be in your dust!! God speed to you old friend.
Kim (from CT)

Jackie07 03-04-2014 03:19 PM

Congratulations!

Kkmom 03-04-2014 06:57 PM

Thank you, Stephanie for posting your status. These are nuggets of hope and inspiration for all of us. Congratulations

KsGal 03-16-2014 02:05 AM

God bless you Steph. Thank you for continuing to be here for all of us, and to inspire us and give us strength to continue on down the path.

Coux92 03-16-2014 06:13 AM

Hugh Congratulations and I too thank you for sharing such inspiration for us all.Celebrate!��

rava 04-03-2014 11:35 AM

Thank you for giving us all hope 💜💜💜

linn65 04-03-2014 12:17 PM

Awesome, inspiring, hopeful, courage, strength, amazing, caring and loving! I have the utmost respect with advice, thoughts and encouragement you continually give on this forum. Thank you. ;)

StephN 04-03-2014 12:37 PM

I can add that I am still "NED in my head" - to borrow a phrase from Flori!

Now I am on a once yearly brain scan. Hooray! I am fine with paying the co-pay for the peace of mind. Brain mets ARE a scary thing to be told you have.

StephN 04-03-2014 12:40 PM

Shout out to Mamacze!

Don't forget AndiBB, who is a little ahead of me in the NED department. Would have to look at her signature, but she is longer.

You keep chasing us!

Andrea Barnett Budin 04-03-2014 12:59 PM

Yes Steph is right again!

Hi my Sisters!

Been NED/STABLE since 1999...!!!

Check my signature.

Taxotere in '98 when 4th stage spread throughout my liver. Added Herceptin (newly available in 1998 -- lucky me!) after 2 mnths.

9 mnths of Taxoterror and couldn't take it anymore. I think I was getting a larger, more frequent dosage than they now recommend.

Stayed on Vitamin H for -- 10 yrs.

Been off H for nearly 6 yrs.

Supplements galore every day twice a day. Not easy but to me as essential as my blood pressure meds!!!

I meditate daily. Use guided imagery. I see myself far into the future........... I talk to my body!! And to the Universe all the time.

We just got my granddaughter's Bat Mitzvah date --
JANUARY 6, 2018... A new goal! I totally plan on being there! Radiant and surrounded by family!

I live each day filled with love and joy, compassion and humble gratitude for my many blessings! I look up and say THANK YOU every single day from the bottom of my heart, with every fiber of my being...!

Stay fixated on your desired goal. It already exists. Call it to you. That's your job.

Delay is not denial.

You're in a process, as I see it. You KNOW the outcome. See it in vivid detail.

I wish you all dreams come true!!!!!!!!!!

With much love, as always,

Andi

waterdreamer 04-03-2014 11:21 PM

I am so happy for you, what wonderful news!! Go warrior woman, and thanks for sharing with us.

Bunty 04-04-2014 12:40 AM

So good to hear from you Andi again, as you bring such hope and joy and wisdom to this forum.
love Marie x

sarah 04-04-2014 08:12 AM

Hi Stephanie,
wonderful, inspiring news! hope this means a visit to la belle france is coming up, keep me posted
love sarah

StephN 04-04-2014 10:30 PM

Sarah -
Je pense pas cette annee!

I have had my mother with us since early November and she will begin getting resettled in her home across the state in a month or so. Starting the process of finding a good live-in caregiver for her. I have been busy, busy, busy!

Barring the unforeseen, 2015 looks like a good possibility for a drive through France. Would love to slow down the pace and see some fresh countryside!

Audrey 04-09-2014 12:12 PM

So happy to see you're still here sharing your story of hope and inspiration--I wish you many more years of "dancing with NED"!

Mary Jo 04-15-2014 12:46 PM

Hi Steph.....it's been awhile but thankfully I when I returned here I saw your positive post. Yeah Steph! I am soon coming up on my 9 years since diagnosis (June) and in all honesty it hardly feels like it ever happened to me. Life goes on.....God is good and I STILL never take a day for granted. I live life to the fullest (or try to) and find that I am happiest when I can encourage someone or help them.

Sweet blessings to you, Steph! I rejoice with you in your awesome news.

Mary Jo

FLfrost 04-16-2014 10:28 PM

This is great news Steph. I have discovered so much strength, courage and hope in these posts.I'm a newcomer and a newbie to chemo. Tomorrow begins my journey in neoadjuvant chemotherapy with Herceptin Perjeta taxotere and carboplatin. I am ready for battle and the field reports look good, Cancer I am declaring WAR!