HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   pain in shoulder blade when I breath deep (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51485)

fullofbeans 09-25-2011 12:38 PM

pain in shoulder blade when I breath deep

Is it a common lung mets symptoms..it started today

I am waiting to see if they can get tumours zap them still I am praying that it has not reached the lining..so it can still be done. appointment 5 oct

Can't access tdm1 since already had xeloda

waiting about vinorelbine to see what laser says first so we holding on (did not see my usual onco..not sure it is the right decision). the doc I saw is such a negative idiot he told me that I had many different chemo and that any new chemo (like vino) is unlikely to help..

I just want to keep things stable until they laser ( I hope and pray they can)

thinking of taking tykerb high dose until then, I remember reading about this has anyone had any success with it?

I have registered for the vaccine trial but do not think that without the laser I will be alive when it will be available.

Until then, I have been living and I am looking at the dog puppy I want to buy at the moment and the camper van tour I am planning after this I see my friends and even go dating. Because I decided to either live or die, but none of that middle shit (excuse my French) where you so afraid to die that you are not living..

I am not religious but still I would like you to pray for me please

Ellie F 09-25-2011 01:04 PM

Re: pain in shoulder blade when I breath deep

FOB
Prayers coming your way!
Don't listen to idiot Drs. You still have lots of options to go and lots of new stuff coming online soon.
The vaccine trial sounds exciting as well. I am still looking at that option.
Hang on in there. This is a blip but one you will get over.
Ellie

rhondalea 09-25-2011 01:48 PM

I'm not religious either, FOB, but I have been praying for you (and others) since I first signed on here.

I've actually done some reading on the subject of prayer, and several studies have demonstrated that human thought sent in an outward direction (whatever your spiritual beliefs or how you choose to characterize it) can have a powerful positive effect on outcomes.

I've read a lot of your posts, both old and new. You are a strong woman, and you will endure.

Jackie07 09-25-2011 01:52 PM

FOB,

You can count on my prayers from Texas...

Shobha 09-25-2011 02:07 PM

I deeply believe in the power of prayers - they give me peace and strength. I am praying with all my heart for you to stable and have a successful laser treatment.

hugs,
shobha

fullofbeans 09-25-2011 02:58 PM

Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers it warms my heart. Yes I believe in the power of prayers and I believe in having something to look forwards.

I have kind of settled for a spugs. It is a cross pug and japonese spits dog. I will go and see the pup this week and will report. They will be ready end of Oct which hopefully will be after I have done laser treatment and will be recovering, my birthday is 17th of oct. It is a small dog and I have a garden so it should be fine and will be encouraged to use my lungs on small walks.

fullofbeans 09-25-2011 03:09 PM

That is what a spugs looks like:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=pug...1t:429,r:6,s:0

ElaineM 09-25-2011 04:25 PM

Sorry to start off with a negative thing, but I don't agree with the new oncologist you saw. I think we all have alot of possibilities now and will have even more in the future. We just have to talk to knowledgeable oncologists and do a little research on our own, so we can suggest things to the oncologists ourselves.
In any case count me in for prayers and keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Enjoy the new puppy !!

fullofbeans 09-25-2011 04:33 PM

I agree with you Elaine. The prob is that now if I asked to see my onco then it would be difficult for him to disagree with the other onco verdict..

All I can do is to never asked to be seen by him again. I saw him once before and also heard from other woman he is sooooo negative. He told me three times when I gave hiom the trial I wanted them to send my info to.. "you know you will not be cured.." three times! He knows I am knowledgeable.. I cannot explain but he gives me the creeps..

Maybe I should ask to be seen again, i know from this board some ladies responded to vino despite being heavily pre treated no??

Laurel 09-25-2011 05:14 PM

Puppies and prayer! What could be more therapeutic? Got your back, Beans, prayers forthcoming.

Pray 09-25-2011 08:35 PM

Fullofbeans,

You can count on me to be praying for you!

That is one cute Pup!

BonnieR 09-25-2011 09:39 PM

Get that puppy and take him camping! Good medicine! What will his name be?
keep the faith.

Ellie F 09-26-2011 03:18 AM

Hi FOB
Tried the link to the puppy but no picture! Will try to google it.

It's very hard when you get a negative onc. I know that from personal experience. My first onc stopped herceptin when I recurred and told me it was a waste of money!! Fortunately my sisters here on the board were outraged and pushed me to get another opinion. I was very new and naive at that stage I know.My second op onc restarted herceptin with taxotere and then referred me to a similar minded colleague at a centre nearer home. They have all been clear that they can't cure my bc but are more positive about controlling it and giving me a quality of life.
Who knows whats round the next corner? Who knows what plan God has for any of us and who knows whether tomorrow may be the day some gifted scientist stumbles on the cure!
If you still feel unhappy get your GP to refer you to another centre for a second opinion. Sometimes fresh eyes are good.
Ellie

rhondalea 09-26-2011 03:27 AM

I hope this works, because otherwise, all anyone will see is a post that says "I hope this works."

Anyway, what's below this should be a picture of the puppy in the above link:

http://images01.olx.com.ph/ui/1/84/72/15668272_6.jpg

Ellie F 09-26-2011 03:39 AM

It's worked and is sooooooooooooo cute! Just want to give it a cuddle.
Thanks
Ellie

Sheila 09-26-2011 05:51 AM

FOB
Hope you get your answers soon...I had great results with Navelbine (Vinorelbine) for a while, and I was heavily pretreated....it is worth a try. It seems to be especially good for liver and lung.

A new puppy, how exciting....faithful, rambunctious, mischievious....a ball of energy...that sounds to be just waht you need.....

norkdo 09-26-2011 08:04 AM

pain in shoulder: is it the back shoulder blade? gall bladder?

NanaJoni 09-26-2011 09:12 AM

FOB - one more thing to consider. I had horrible pain in my shoulder last year when I was doing chemo. Turned out to be blood clots in my lungs (3 total). Don't wait too long to get this checked - there are lots of possible causes. I think we've all found that there are drs. out there whose arrogance won't allow them to be challenged. Those are the docs we should avoid because there are many more who are compassionate and appreciate well-informed patients. Will keep you in prayers daily as I pray for all the women on this forum.

Mary Anne in TX 09-26-2011 09:35 AM

If cute could cure....it'd be a done deal.
But, I'll add my prayers and encourage your determination to overcome and outdo that neg. guy! ma

chrisy 09-26-2011 01:19 PM

FOB,
Yes, don't listen to the idiot doc. We all know that it is not curable (yet) but that does not mean it can't be managed. Some of these doctors just don't get how much words matter, and so we have to remind each other.

Each chemo drug work differently, and unfortunately you just don't know until you try. Chemosensitivity assays might be helpful but are not "approved" and thus a hard sell to get - and you have to have a lot of "tissue" that can be biopsied.

But I reject the "nothing will work" theory. And so should you.

Prayers for sure, mixed with a little envy at your cute new little therapist!

Hang in there!