HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   ~A Children And Grandchildren Thread~To Make Us Smile (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38562)

Believe51 03-23-2009 12:41 PM

~A Children And Grandchildren Thread~To Make Us Smile

Thought this would be a wonderful way to hear stories about our dearest children and grandchildren. We already know one another but I would love to get to know our little ones and the unique things they do and say. It would be a thread for them and them alone, after all, they deserve it for all of the love and smiles they constantly give us.

My granddaughter Tia just turned 5. Where does the time go? This was a baby that fit herself into a Kleenex box at birth. Each day of life with her is like a new day of life for me.

Today she told me that she knows her Grandpa Ed is ill and the only way to get better is for her to visit. Tia's name is "Dr. Tia" and that is her quote.

Whatcha think, should we invite her over tonight??>>Believe51

Believe51 03-23-2009 01:44 PM

My son, Jason just called me. He only wanted to tell me he loved me. The best part was I was just thinking of my boy!>>Believe51

WomanofSteel 03-23-2009 01:51 PM

My daughter Logan got her braces off today, so we made it a mother/daughter day. We went out for lunch afterward and did some shopping for her trip to Italy. Then we came home and watched Saw IV ( we like to watch monsters and gore together.) I couldn't have asked for a nicer day!

Believe51 03-23-2009 01:56 PM

Now that is what I am talking about!!>>Believe51

juanita 03-23-2009 04:15 PM

my 11 month old grandson took his first wobbly steps last thursday night and today he walked most of the way across my bedroom. look out world here he comes!

Sheila 03-25-2009 06:47 AM

My newest Grandson born in December rolled over last week...and he is getting his first tooth. His big sister Allison refers to him as my baby brother Mr. Michael!

Believe51 03-25-2009 10:49 AM

I can already tell you how much I love this thread. Keep it up!!>>Believe51

Bill 03-25-2009 09:01 PM

My oldest son, Daniel, and his wife, Angela, are expecting their second child in July. Whenever I talk to their first child, Nevya, (three) she tells me, "Grandpap, I'm coming to your house tomorrow". They live 500 miles away! That's her way of saying that she's coming soon for a visit.

notamrnpsn 03-25-2009 09:10 PM

Grandchildren

Oh Lordy where do I start. i have 16 Grandchldren an 1 great grand. One of my Granddaughters got married on valentines day, The most beautiful bride you ever saw, Jeanette

Sheila 03-26-2009 05:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is me with six out of my seven....life does not get any better than this...i am surrounded by love!

WomanofSteel 03-26-2009 06:07 AM

Sheila you have a beautiful family. I love the picture!

Believe51 03-26-2009 08:12 AM

And many Angels, Sheila. Thanks for posting the picture of these lovelies! I actually think of these little ones and sometimes pull the pictures from Halloween, etc to grab a look at them while I pray for these guys.

I really am enjoying this thread, I cannot say that enough.

Okay my turn.....Tia called me last night at 10:20 pm. She told me that she could not sleep without talking to her Grandma Marie. Priceless. We talked until I heard the yawns and kissed her goodnight over the phone.>>Believe51

juanita 03-30-2009 03:47 PM

my almost 3 year old granddaughter sang her abc's and twinkle twnikle little star to me on the cell phone.

Believe51 03-31-2009 06:12 AM

Tia looks like an exact twin of my son with long blonde hair like her Mommy. This fine hair needs a detangling comb so I finally bought a nice one for her. When I asked her to "Please come over here so Grandma can brush your".......she quickly replied......"Ratsnest"!!

Cannot tell you how hard I laughed. I really had no choice but to give her big huggies!!>>Believe51

DonnaD 04-06-2009 01:32 PM

I just started to scrap book Christmas pictures. My oldest grandson, Zach, who was 4 years old loved sitting on Santa's lap this year. We had the pleasure of being there. I was beaming as he sat there telling him what he wanted. When Zach was finished he ran over to me very excited and said "BeBe (his name for me instead of grandma) Santa knows you!"

StephN 04-06-2009 02:57 PM

Grandson turns 18!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Something I did not think I would live to see and enjoy! Jesse was 8 when I was diagnosed with cancer. He has lived with an off and on sick grandma and has lost two other grandparents from cancer in the meantime.
It was an amazing pleasure to give him a party for family and a few close friends yesterday.

This is the sort of thing that really drives home what I and the whole family have been through these past years. Makes me very thankful for being allowed to overcome this disease and see my family grow and prosper. Thank you, God!
(Don't think I can keep up with Sheila, have only grandchild 3 on the way in May!)

WomanofSteel 04-06-2009 03:04 PM

What a lovely picture Steph. May God bless you with many more wonderful years together!

juanita 04-09-2009 07:16 PM

dilly had fallen and broke her top front teeth. she had them pulled monday just before we picked her up for my spring vacation. now when she grins it's a toothless grin!

Believe51 04-14-2009 02:59 PM

Wonderful pictures and heartwarming feelings reading these threads. Steph, how could you keep up with Sheila anyway......after all she has 2 husbands..Hahaha. Juanita, I cannot believe how big Dilly is.

Tia called me on Easter and it started my morning so sweetly. She offered to share her Easter candy with me. I told her I was not only getting back into shape but I was like a stray....feed me once and you own me. Funny, but she thought she already did. Boy she is my energy, my medicine.>>Believe51

Believe51 04-15-2009 05:52 AM

I love how Tia looks at her Grandpa Ed; I could watch her for hours. It is a look like she gives no other person and I am sure that it contains no pity. She can see the true Ed somehow even at 5 years old. This look spills out of her soul and surely is utmost admiration, respect and love. In the past she has told me how proud she is of her Grandpa.....almost left the room to cry.>>Believe51