HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Brain Mets - new or old? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57440)

sassy 02-27-2013 08:17 PM

Re: Brain Mets - new or old?

Praying hard, Denise!

NanaJoni 02-27-2013 08:32 PM

Denise - I hope you know how much we all love you and how hard we are praying.

JennyB 02-27-2013 09:07 PM

Denise - I am waiting with baited breath for your GOOD news - I am sure that is what it will be.
Prayers
Jenny

Jackie07 02-28-2013 03:29 AM

Keeping you company in a sleepless night ...

dawny 02-28-2013 03:36 AM

I am waiting with you too Denise

NEDenise 02-28-2013 06:02 AM

No news yet.
If I don't hear by 9 am...I'm going to call. Patience is usually one of my virtues...but today...not so much! :)

Denise

carlatte7 02-28-2013 06:04 AM

I'm here waiting too

bejuce 02-28-2013 06:18 AM

Praying for good news for you!

greenacres 02-28-2013 07:15 AM

fingers and toes xxxxxxxxxxx for good news.

Ellie F 02-28-2013 09:20 AM

Still praying x
Love Ellie

caya 02-28-2013 09:27 AM

Prayers here too -

all the best
caya

ammebarb 02-28-2013 10:11 AM

Continuing to pray.

KsGal 02-28-2013 10:14 AM

I'm here too....big cyber ((hugs)) I've lit a candle (that's my routine when Im praying for a specific person). Come on good news...

LeahM 02-28-2013 12:59 PM

praying....

Kellennea 02-28-2013 01:27 PM

Oh! I just saw this... I am sending prayers up and tons & tons of good juju too!

jaykay 02-28-2013 01:48 PM

praying, too

NEDenise 02-28-2013 02:07 PM

Well...
It's not good news or bad news...it's unclear news.

There is definitely increased swelling in the area around where the larger lesion was zapped. It's very unclear as to whether this shows swelling associated with necrosis and healing...or swelling due to disease progression.

My neurosurgeon is out of town so two others looked at my scans and definitely want to schedule surgery for next week. I, on the other hand, don't know these fine doctors from Adam, and am thus unimpressed by their advice.

My surgeon, whom I love, will return next week, and I will consult with him on Tuesday. He told me when this whole mess started last summer, that the location of that lesion was too close to my brain stem for his comfort. He didn't want to "cut" there if at all possible. I 'm thinking until I hear from his lips that it's time to change that...it's still Gospel.

So, in the mean time...I'm supposed to increase my steroid intake, and bide my time. And since the symptoms have been helped by steroids so far, I feel like the swellling may well be of the healing variety. You know I'll be spending a LOT of time praying...so please feel free to join me.

And I can't tell you how touched I am by all your support. How could God ever fail to hear the prayers you've been sending from all over the globe. You are a blessing, all of you!

I'll keep you posted...since the steroids won't let me sleep anyway...I'll be awake and around! :)
Denise

StephN 02-28-2013 02:18 PM

Glad to hear there is nothing NEW, and it seems to be just the treated area acting up or in its death throes.

I vote for death throes. It is a sensible move to wait a bit as it is also giving more chance for the steroids to calm the inflammed area.

Now take a deep breath, and give those nerves a soak in a nice warm tub. Always works for me. Fix some herb tea (you don't need to add cafeine to the roids!) to sip while you are at it.

BonnieR 02-28-2013 02:38 PM

Denise,I love your fiestiness! You are so right to wait for your surgeon to return. I still regret being rushed into lung surgery without benefit of a more conservative opinion. Nothing is so urgent that it can't wait a few days for a considered decision Unless of course you are bleeding to death! You are an amazing example of being one's own best advocate. You rock! Keep the faith

adelay 02-28-2013 02:43 PM

Prayers still heading your way~