HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update From Ted (NEDenise) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60989)

LeahM 05-15-2014 11:10 AM

Update From Ted (NEDenise)

Hi everyone!

I received an email from Ted today and he asked me to share the following info with all of you:

Didn't know how else to contact the Her2 group. I haven't been able to log in even though I now have at least 3 different user names! Saw the post about the Buddy Bench and wanted to give you a little more info to share with the board. In addition to purchasing the bench, a local nursery has donated a small perennial garden to go with it which will be planted by the fifth grade students. The staff has also instituted an award in Denise's name for the student who exemplifies strength and determination. Thought you all would like to have the whole story behind the picture.

He goes on to say that he and the boys are adjusting to their new normal and are busy busy busy. He will use me as a go to person with any info he would like to share with all of us.

It was so nice to receive that email. I miss her so much.

I know I have been quiet here lately but I am always here reading and staying up to date on all of you.

I am seeing my onc next week and if my tumor markers remain in normal range I will graduate to twice yearly visits. Seems weird to me that it has been two years since my diagnosis and joining this board.

Much love to all of you
Leah

FLfrost 05-15-2014 01:10 PM

Re: Update From Ted (NEDenise)

Hello Leah, I'm fairly new to this board. About the time I joined the announcement that Denise had passed was posted. I could tell by her postings that she was a very caring and compassionate person. I am sorry I did not get to know her but am grateful for the wonderful warriors and survivors I have found here that are all so willing to give encouragement, prayers, laughter, and in general the joy of life.
I look forward to following her lead as an encourager.

StephN 05-15-2014 02:00 PM

Thank you, Leah!

I have been thinking about our late and dear NEDenise. Her case still boggles me. So nice to know that she will be remembered by the students present and future at the school where she taught.

You see how "time" can fly when at the outset a diagnosis and long treatment seem like a long, dark tunnel that will take eons to get through.

Best wishes for the 6-month checkup schedule!

suzan w 05-15-2014 02:57 PM

Thank you, Leah, and, please thank Ted for the update. Somehow knowing these things about her life and her "people" makes it seem like she is not really gone. She was a remarkable woman and such an asset to this board. I really miss her.

Pamelamary 05-15-2014 10:25 PM

Thanks Leah, and make sure Ted knows how much Denise remains in our hearts. It is great to hear how her school is remembering her - strength and determination was her forte!
Best wishes for your "graduation" to twice yearly.... Pam

Bunty 05-16-2014 12:38 AM

Thank you very much for Leah for passing on news from Ted. When I was in hospital this week, I was telling someone about the incredible spirit of Denise, and how very special a woman she was, and how she continues to bring such light to so many.

All the best to you Leah.

Cheers Marie

KDR 05-16-2014 05:58 AM

So nice, Leah. I was happy to read the post and to know that Ted will update us on Denise memories, stories, etc.

Karen

Adriana Mangus 05-17-2014 02:52 PM

Hi Leah,

So nice to hear from Ted and the boys and that they are adapting so well after Denise untimely departure.

Please let Ted know Denise will always live in our hearts, we miss her dearly.

Thank you for the post.

Adriana

chekmark 05-17-2014 07:46 PM

Wow, so great that Ted checked in and gave us an update. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her. I have saved her PM's and read them often, her wit, her courage, her fight till the end. She was one of a kind and loved by us all. I still expect to get on this sight and find a witty post from her. Glad that he is keeping busy with the boys, I'm sure it's not easy adjusting without his dear sweet Denise. He sounds like a gem and she spoke so highly of her family. Rest in peace our dear friend.

KsGal 05-20-2014 09:58 PM

It still hurts my heart to visit here and not see funny responses from Denise. Next time you speak to Ted, please let him know how much it means that he thought of us and took the time to send an update. She sure was a one of a kind, and the world is a dimmer place without her. I know she is watching us. Lots of prayers for peace and comfort to Ted and the kids. I know they must be wonderful, wonderful people.

Redwolf8812 05-22-2014 08:33 AM

Oh, thank you for the update. I miss her daily.

:-) Penny

'lizbeth 05-22-2014 10:39 AM

She still leaves her humor behind. I love how those find her chemo ninja thread and discover their ninja warrior name.

Denise was truly unique and we were all so blessed that she befriended us.

Jackie07 05-23-2014 01:31 AM

Thanks, Leah.

Hope you have a good doctor's visit.

LeahM 05-23-2014 05:14 PM

Hey All,

When I emailed Ted back I did tell him how missed and loved she is here in our community. She is forever in our hearts.

And I graduated to twice yearly visits.

Best
Leah

Carol Ann 05-23-2014 07:22 PM

YAAAAY!! Wonderful news, Leah! And thanks so much for the post/update about Denise. I had just found this site a few days before she died. I miss her, too even though I didn't get a chance to know her as well as those who have been here longer.

Carol Ann

norkdo 05-24-2014 07:49 AM

Oh Leah thank you so much for that. Please tell Ted I miss her and I keep her first post about when she had brain mets as my opening page to this site. I always pray for her soul and feel her in my heart when reading all the posts here, imagining what she would reply to them.
I sent Ted and the boys red roses when she died. I am so happy to hear about the garden and bench in her name.
Can you please ask him for me if he would mind if you copied and pasted his letters to us on here when he emails you?
Denise will never be forgotten among those of us boosted and buoyed by her on our journeys.
God bless Ted and the boys.
I'm so sad she never got to see them graduate or get married.
Nora

LeahM 05-24-2014 08:21 AM

Nora,

I know you miss her so much. She was such a great support system for so many of us.

I had told Ted that I would only share the info he asked me to share, that I would respect his privacy. I haven't had a return email from him since I replied to his last to me.

The communication between him and I has been minimal but I will always share what he asks me to share and will do so quickly.

Mtngrl 05-27-2014 03:30 PM

Dear Leah,

I appreciate you passing on this information from Ted. It's a huge comfort.

Denise will always be part of our community.

caya 05-28-2014 09:22 PM

Just back from vacation and was happy to check in and see this update from Leah re: Ted and the boys.

all the best
caya