HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Preventing re-occurance & new BC question (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66754)

CutiePie 01-07-2018 10:53 AM

Preventing re-occurance & new BC question

I don't post much anymore since I'm 12 years from diagnosis. At age 46 was dx with Stage 1, ER- PR- Her2 +++ node negative BC - 2 tumors. Had lumpectomy with chemo (AC & maybe Taxol, can't remember), radiation then Herceptin had to stop at 10 months (onc wanted 1 year of Herceptin) due to low Mugga scores.
I had the typical chemo reactions, hair loss, chemo brain, neuropathy. Thought I was doing ok then needed a hip replacement due to arthritis symptoms came on quickly. Also need 2 separate wrist surgeries for arthritis and the other hip need to be replaced all within 3 years. Having lots of joint issues, am hypothyroid and take Synthroid.
Had genetic testing and tested positive BRACA II, had ovaries removed, double skin saving mastectomy with reconstruction. (wish I had the testing before lumpectomy) Very worried about more cancer. Don't see Onc anymore.
My question is, is anyone aware of GCMAF (Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor) a Vitamin D binding protein naturally found in the human body? literature states it will cure four stage cancer by Kick-Starting the body's own immune system with NO side effects. Onc that presented his findings was found dead of apparent suicide.
Any info you may have would be great. I have been taking D3 as I am calcium deficient and take apple cider vinegar capsules to reduce inflammation, but info about GCMAF states we should NOT be taking anti inflammatory supplements. So confusing to know how to be healthy again.
So sorry for the long rant, I don't know how to put my dx info on the bottom of my post as I've seen others have.

jra40 01-09-2018 07:50 AM

Re: Preventing re-occurance & new BC question

Interesting, looking forward to any replies with insight on this! I too am looking for ways to prevent a recurrence, I take a wellness regime called Thrive which has helped me immensely with weight loss and joint pain. Something I read recently about a stage 4 blood cancer patient who started taking Curcumin (Turmeric) and has gone into remission. Trying to find the article, will post when I find it.

CutiePie 01-10-2018 10:17 AM

Yes hoping this post gets replies. I'll have to look into Thrive as I have joint pain and can't lose any weight. It interesting about Curcumin (Turmeric) putting stage 4 cancer patient into remission, I have been taking Turmeric capsules for about a year now. I started using it to help with inflammation since a study stated that in India there is low incidents of inflammatory disease. My PCP also informed me he takes it to help ward off symptoms of Alzheimer's and dementia.
Lets hope we can combat this disease with supplements without adding additional issues.
Thanks

donocco 01-10-2018 11:17 AM

Another one is Coenzyme Q10 at least in breast cancer. There was a report way back when in Denmark where 3 or 4 patients with metastatic breast cancer were put into full remission taking 390mg Coenzyme Q10 daily. All of them had previous chemo. Anyone interested can look this up.

There is or was an alternative clinic in New Mexico where there cures of pancreatic cancer using Low Dose Naltrexone in combination with intravenous Lipoic Acid. One article in the American Journal of Epidemiology did a retrospective study where women taking Motrin (Ibuprofen) at least 4 times a week for years had one half the rate of breast cancer incidence. You have to be careful here because Motrin interferes with the heart protective action of Aspirin. The point is a lot of good info is kind of supressed.

MaineRottweilers 01-10-2018 05:24 PM

Hey, Jessica, do you have a link to the Thrive products you spoke of?

CutiePie 01-12-2018 11:16 AM

Hi when I was having low Mugga scores due to Herceptin my onc recommended taking COQ10 still taking it today. Will check what my dose is.

CutiePie 01-12-2018 11:19 AM

Would love to also have more info or a link to Thrive products. Not sure what I'm looking at with a google search.
Thanks all you have been helpful in calming my nerves. Don't always want to think about this disease but want to live my "new" life.

c1k49 01-12-2018 12:36 PM

From Breatcancer.org "Only one randomized clinical trial has been done with cancer patients so far. This trial suggested that coenzyme Q10 decreases the effects of doxorubicin, a chemotherapy drug, on the heart. In non-randomized studies with women who had breast cancer, some benefit was suggested, but problems with the research made it impossible to determine whether the benefit was related to coenzyme Q10"

I think it's definitely worth looking into. As well as turmeric!

Mary Jo 01-15-2018 05:34 PM

Reading above on some of your comments on Turmeric. I, too, am a 12 year Her 2 +++ survivor. I started taking turmeric at around 3 years out and my oncologist told me to keep taking that because the science behind it was very promising.

nancy dip 01-16-2018 02:58 PM

Mary Jo, I remember you well and it's lovely to see you again on the board. Health and happiness to you and your family. Nancy

Jean 02-14-2018 08:15 PM

Hi MaryJo,
Also good to see you - I do not come on the site that often.
You look wonderful !

I have been taking CQ10 and Tumeric along with D3 plus a few other items.
Andi as you all know has a very strong regime that she follows.

Best Wishes to all,
Jean

jra40 02-15-2018 08:38 AM

Sorry for not posting the link for Thrive, here it is. If you Google search, the company is Le-Vel. https://lvaddy.le-vel.com/

SoCalGal 02-17-2018 09:44 PM

Cura Pro is a good brand. It needs to be taken on an empty stomach, in divided doses, but check with your MD first. (My doc took me off cura pro when I started KADCYLA).

CURA PRO: CuraPro delivers up to 500 times more curcumin to the bloodstream than turmeric , and has a sustained retention time at significant levels in the bloodstream.† This high-potency formula, featuring clinically studied BCM-95® Curcumin, yields a minimum of 500 mg of curcuminoids per softgel.

Catherine 02-19-2018 02:05 PM

Cutie pie, to list your dx and treatment, I think you go to profile and then go to signature. This is an interesting thread about Tumeric, cq10 etc. I just tried to edit my signature. Maybe someone else will chime in. On the home page go to FAQ. It will bring up a list about adding to your profile. Wish I could be more specific.