HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   womanofsteel aka Jacquie (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43987)

jennypher6272 02-28-2010 08:49 PM

womanofsteel aka Jacquie

Hi my name is jen and my partner Jacquie has been on this site for quite a while. She is currently in the hospital again, as this is her 3rd time and they finally figured out that her bile ducts are clogged.So the first idea was to stent them, that didnt work. Now they have gone in through her side and placed a drain in her liver. I just have been having a rough time with her being in the hospital, and I wanted to come on and update everyone. She is the love of my life and I have never seen her feeling this bad. Im so scared of losing her, I cant stop crying, she is strong but is getting discouraged. she just started chemo again,as they are trying to shrink the tumor in her liver.
she is currently on tykerb/xeloda

vlcarr 02-28-2010 10:16 PM

Re: womanofsteel aka Jacquie

Hi Jen,

I'm so sorry Jacquie is not doing well. Thank you for letting us know. I've read her posts and she is a Woman of Steel, so don't give up on her.

My thoughts and healing prayers are with you both.

Tom 02-28-2010 10:25 PM

Hey Jen,

I haven't been on regularly over the last several years so I am not readily familiar with Jacquie's disease and treatment course. I just wanted to mention, as many do when liver mets are present, to ask the oncologist about the possibility of radio frequency ablation or cryo ablation, if the tumor is isolated. Just a thought. You hang in there for her and yourself.

Sincerely,
Tom

Pam P 03-01-2010 05:17 AM

Jen - Thank you for letting us know about Jacquie, but I am sorry to hear about her struggles right now. Xeloda/Tykerb is a good treatment combo - hopefully it will do it's job on those liver mets. Give WOS all my best for feeling better soon on this new treatment and resolution to the blocked ducts. My best to you too, Jen. She's lucky to have you be her side.

Lori R 03-01-2010 05:31 AM

Jen,
I picked up on Tom's comment about RFA/cryoablation. I had cryoablation on a single liver met. I had the procedure a year ago and so far I am holding NED status (no evidence of disease).

Unfortunately, there are limitations with the procedure in terms of # of mets and location, but it is something worth checking into.

Please ask your Dr. about the possibility.

I am so glad you found us and appreciate your efforts to keep us posted.

Love, Lori

jennypher6272 03-01-2010 06:35 AM

thanks everyone, i will def ask the dr about your suggestions, and well wishes, at this point her liver is very diseased, so they are doing what they can

PinkGirl 03-01-2010 07:31 AM

So sorry to hear this. Please give WOS my best. I'll keep all my
fingers and toes crossed for her

schoolteacher 03-01-2010 08:15 AM

Please, tell the WomanofSteel she is in my thoughts and prayers. Hope she is feeling better today.

Amelia

lexigirl 03-01-2010 08:20 AM

Saying a prayer for healing and encouragment. Please tell Jacquie that we are thinking of her.

Take care of yourself, too. I know this is very tough on you.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

flynny 03-01-2010 09:10 AM

I am keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. I know she will get through this (as you will too). I know its not easy being the caregiver, but you can do it!

She is amazing and a fighter. Keep us posted.

Sarah

Rich66 03-01-2010 09:49 AM

Liver mets
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...053#post221053

Milk thistle/Silibinin (liver protectant, synergy w/chemo)

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...176#post218176

RhondaH 03-01-2010 10:12 AM

As always prayers to you and your sweetie...take care of yourself too;) Huggles.

ElaineM 03-01-2010 10:16 AM

I have my fingers crossed for her. The main thing is don't give up. Keep searching for answers and treatments for the problems. Getting a second opinion might help. It is humanly impossible for one doctor to know everything. Stay strong. We are thinking of you both.

Mary Anne in TX 03-01-2010 10:32 AM

Jen, I want to send my love and prayers to both you and Jacquie. Nothing is more stressful than seeing someone we love so much in pain and distress. I'm awfully glad she has you by her side as she begins yet another battle. Please let her know that we join her battle with love and concern and prayers. ma

chrisy 03-01-2010 11:10 AM

Jen,
Thanks for the update, we do worry. Please let Jacquie know that I am thinking of her, and holding you both in warm thoughts. I can only think of her as Woman of Steel.

JEANB 03-01-2010 03:04 PM

Jen, I had the same thing in 2006 complete with drain and bag. I was jaundiced, itching and very sick. The combination of 2 stents and the biliary drain finally brought my bilirubin down to a level that would allow me to get some chemo. The chemo worked and the tumors in my liver and around my bile ducts shrank. I got the drain out and my gallbladder out 4 months later.

I know its scarey, but there is hope.

Jean

StephN 03-01-2010 03:46 PM

Dear Jen -
Thanks for your post - difficult as it was.
Did not know that WOS was in the hospital for this before. Sorry it took her docs so long to see that it was her bile ducts clogging.

Praying that the drain will work well enough for Jacquie to feel well enough for her treatments. Having such a great family I know will help her.

Joan M 03-01-2010 04:04 PM

Jen,

Sorry to hear about Jacquie's battle with her liver. Please tell her that I'm sending prayers and good vibes her way.

I would echo Tom and Lori about checking into RFA or cryoablation (freezing the tumor).

On that note, what many advanced breast cancer patients do not realize is that these procedures are really looked down upon by most medical oncologists and also surgeons, and therefore they're never mentioned to the patient. Oncologists do not consider them standard of care for advanced breast cancer.

As Tom mentioned, I don't know the particulars of Jacquie's case, but perhaps she can find out whether RFA or cryoablation might be an option. If her oncologist disagrees, I would consult with an interventional radiology doc to find out whether it's even a possibility.

I had a lung RFA. But unfortunately by a year later a fungal ball developed because I had inhaled a common soil fungus while gardening. This was a rare occurrence which lead to a lung surgery to cut out that section of the lung. But, the good news is that the pathology report showed ONLY the fungus -- NO CANCER -- so after a year I was still NED.

Hang in there.

Best, Joan

caya 03-01-2010 09:16 PM

Jen,

Please pass my best wishes to WOS (Jacquie). I am praying that she will overcome this setback.

all the best
caya

Jean 03-01-2010 09:49 PM

Hi Jen,
I am sorry to hear that WOS is in the hospital.
Please let her know I am saying prayers that the dr.
clears up the liver ducts...and her new treatment will
do the rest.

Jen take care of yourself so that when WOS comes home you will be in good shape to give her your best care.

Sending you and WOS a huge hug
Jean